The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #126
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Good thing I'm DRAFTING TWO SPOTS BEHIND you at #21. I'm about to shock the whole world.
Fixed for you
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #127
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Welp, I can assure you if nobody trades up to #21 you will all be punished by me taking 12 hours. And no I am not kidding.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #128
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

You can take 3 days, I do not pick again until the 3rd round
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #129
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I told myself im going to drink beer until drek picks....eff im going to get smashed, hurry up Drek!
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:32 AM   #130
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
Thank you co-gm... apparentely I'm not on meds radar yet...
No, you were late to the party! Therefore, I gave credit to the gm who was there and ready to pick! No screwing around in the early draft rounds
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #131
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
You can take 3 days, I do not pick again until the 3rd round
I was just kidding. I like how my board stands. I am just worried about the next few picks. As soon as I am OTC, I will be selecting or trading out. A few deals are on the table, but it is dependent on who is there.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:50 AM   #132
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

BowlenBall getting a Top 3 player in the draft, regardless of medical issues. Nice job, man! You always do great in the draft. Absolute steal in the middle of one!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #133
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I was just kidding. I like how my board stands. I am just worried about the next few picks. As soon as I am OTC, I will be selecting or trading out. A few deals are on the table, but it is dependent on who is there.
You got that right.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #134
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
BowlenBall getting a Top 3 player in the draft, regardless of medical issues. Nice job, man! You always do great in the draft. Absolute steal in the middle of one!
He could also be out of the game in two years.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #135
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
He could also be out of the game in two years.
Pretty much could be said for anybody.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:08 AM   #136
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
No, you were late to the party! Therefore, I gave credit to the gm who was there and ready to pick! No screwing around in the early draft rounds
I was driving our girls bball team to state bball in iowa for our semi final game today as I help coach... it took 5 hours instead of the normal 3 because of crap road coditions and sitting at a complete stop on the interstate for an hour for an accident...I got on for 30 seconds while at a stand still to let ssj know to make the pick
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:11 AM   #137
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
I was driving our girls bball team to state bball in iowa for our semi final game today as I help coach... it took 5 hours instead of the normal 3 because of crap road coditions and sitting at a complete stop on the interstate for an hour for an accident...I got on for 30 seconds while at a stand still to let ssj know to make the pick
Multi-tasking like a boss....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #138
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

The Panthers organization thanks Req for running in the card. We're thrilled to get Star with the 14th pick. If his medicals come back okay, it's the steal of the draft thus far. We hope he doesn't have a heart attack.

STRENGTHS: Boasts all of the physical traits to ultimately rank as one of the better, more versatile defensive linemen in the NFL.

Flashes an explosive burst off the snap. Possesses the lateral agility and flexibility to slip through gaps and ruin plays before they even have a chance to begin.

Strong, heavy hands to control his opponent and possesses the upper and core strength to simply rag-doll offensive linemen. Possesses a thick, classic Polynesian build well suited to anchoring against the run, making him a natural candidate to play inside at nose guard or defensive tackle, as well as a five-technique defensive end.

Has a developing arm-over swim move to break free from blockers when initially slowed at the point of attack. Locates the ball well and gives good effort in lateral pursuit to make the tackle. Has only average arm length but is very strong, showing the ability to grab and pull down ballcarriers seemingly out of his grasp. Has a short-area burst to close on the ball and can generate impressive explosiveness as a hitter.

Seemed to step up his play against top competition, enjoying some of his best moments against USC (and highly regarded senior center Khaled Holmes), as well as state rivals BYU and Utah State.

WEAKNESSES: Inconsistent. Relies too much on his unique physical traits to overcome rather marginal technique. Does not possess an elaborate array of pass rush moves and has just seven sacks in 38 career games at Utah. Too often is stale-mated when his initial burst and power are contained.

Possesses shorter than ideal arms, which contributes to his struggles slipping blocks and his relative lack of passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage (five over his career).

Carries a bit of extra weight around his midsection and played at Snow Junior College in 2008 at more than 350 pounds. Will be slightly older than most prospects (turned 23 in December) after sitting out the 2009 season.

COMPARES TO: Kevin Williams, Minnesota Vikings -- While a touch shorter than the Vikings' former All-Pro, Lotulelei offers a similarly dominant combination of quickness and power and should one day rank among the league's best interior defensive linemen.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...star-lotulelei
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #139
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Glad you are safe. Hope your team wins it all.

C-c-c-ombo breaker!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #140
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
To be honest, if Cooper had fallen to #17, he would have been my pick... Jones is a nice consolation prize (two-time consensus all-American OLBs don't grow on trees) but his medical issues are frankly terrifying.

Am dying to know what Mediator12 thinks of my pick....
Old 02-28-2013, 06:39 AM   #141
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Jarvis Jones is a beast when healthy and had he not had SS I think I would have taken him at number 5. That said the list of players that lasted in the NFL with SS is pretty low. Chris Samuels was the number three overall pick and played till 32 with it. Terrence Murphy was picked 58th by the Packers and played just three games. Huge risk huge reward player and in this draft might as well take a chance on him.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #142
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Haha, the tackle value has been killed in this draft. Lololol. Eeeee.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #143
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Bye, bye offensive tackles. Somewhere, Jay Cutler is punching that LT Webb in the gut because the Bears just got rick rolled!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #144
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Nice selection, Drek.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #145
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Nice selection, Drek.
Pretty happy with it, though to be fair picking defensive upgrades for the Saints is about as easy as hitting water by falling out of a boat.

I was hoping to find someone else interested in a trade and try to get more picks to backfill my selections lost to the Goodell Tax, but no takers.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #146
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

That's who I thought were the BPAs left on the board, Fluker and Trufant.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #147
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Pretty happy with it, though to be fair picking defensive upgrades for the Saints is about as easy as hitting water by falling out of a boat.

I was hoping to find someone else interested in a trade and try to get more picks to backfill my selections lost to the Goodell Tax, but no takers.
I considered moving up with Ro, but he didn't wanna go back -- you should have sent me an offer.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #148
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Really like both the Fluker and the Trufant pick, they were my other two choices if I couldn't move off of #17. Great job of drafting so far, gentlemen -- the second round is going to be veeeeeeery interesting......
Old 02-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #149
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I considered moving up with Ro, but he didn't wanna go back -- you should have sent me an offer.
Hey man, if Trufant's your guy we can still work something out.

Trufant for #21 and your 3rd, or if you want to work outside the box here I'd trade Trufant for both of your 2nds (#37 and #53), your 4th, and your 5th.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #150
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Hey man, if Trufant's your guy we can still work something out.

Trufant for #21 and your 3rd, or if you want to work outside the box here I'd trade Trufant for both of your 2nds (#37 and #53), your 4th, and your 5th.
Trufant wasn't my guy -- the Bengals drafted Kirkpatrick last year in the first. He was in my Top 5 best available players remaining though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: