The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 05:46 AM   #626
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Can't believe Chicago! I didn't really like coach Q when he was here but damn I'd take him any day over Sacc'O'****.
It's a well constructed team. Funny how everyone thought they would have cap issues after loading up in their Stanley Cup year.

They have made some nice moves to get back to being a solid, deep team.

Doesn't hurt that Patrick Kane is playing like an elite player again.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #627
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

eh, they didn't really lose any key pieces after their run though. Kane,Sharp,Hossa,Toews,Keith and Seabrook are still there. that's their main core.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #628
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
eh, they didn't really lose any key pieces after their run though. Kane,Sharp,Hossa,Toews,Keith and Seabrook are still there. that's their main core.
True, but they have great depth now. They re-stocked with Saad, Shaw, Kruger and traded for Stalberg and Frolik

Those guys have been tremendous role guys for them. They were a little thin after their Cup run and it is to be expected when you lose Ladd, Byflugein, Campbell, etc.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #629
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

The Flyers have aquired Simon Gagne for a conditional 4th, not sure what the condition is, hopefully its playing time related.

In the next NHL collective bargaining agreement, expect a cap to be placed on trades between the Kings and Flyers.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #630
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
True, but they have great depth now. They re-stocked with Saad, Shaw, Kruger and traded for Stalberg and Frolik

Those guys have been tremendous role guys for them. They were a little thin after their Cup run and it is to be expected when you lose Ladd, Byflugein, Campbell, etc.
yes but most contenders who end up in bad shape are ones who have to deplete their core to maintain the team overall. the Hawks didn't have to do that for the most part. plus most of the guys they traded away have done far less than with the Hawks due to being a perfect fit for what the Hawks did and needed.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #631
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
They were gutted after the run, every significant support player left town within 2 years, most of them left the very same offseason. They lost 4 of the top 10 scorers in that years playoffs, and more importantly they lost every single player between 11 and 20 in scoring in that years playoffs. They also got rid of both their goaltenders.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #632
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Oh, and while I'm at it I would like to take a minute to b**** at the "experts" who thought Semin couldn't co-exist with Eric Staal. I'm talking to you NHL network analysis group and Pierre McGuire. Semin has decided to take a pape from his old mans book, and utilize his Pops skill set. A brief look at the play making ability of Alexander Semin, and his defensive fortitude would clearly indicate that whatever people assumed about Alexander Semin was far below his true potential. I know the guy is a sniper, but when your play inspires the greatest playmaker in NHL history to call you his peer, well you get the picture.

I rest my case.
The only thing Pierre McGuire is an expert at is annoying the **** out of everyone. I absolutely hate TSN games because of him.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #633
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Semin better keep his head up; looks like T-bro may start some fireworks tomorrow

Stephen Whyno @SWhyno
Brouwer on Semin: "Some nights you didn't even know if he was gonna come to the rink."

Stephen Whyno @SWhyno
Brouwer on Semin: "It was tough to lose his scoring ability when he wanted to play. ..." #Caps

Edit: one more

Brouwer: "It's tough to play alongside guys like [Semin] because you don't know what you're gonna get out of 'em." #Caps
That was ballsy of Brouwer to come out and say it but it didn't come back to bite them, at least not tonight.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #634
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Can't believe Chicago! I didn't really like coach Q when he was here but damn I'd take him any day over Sacc'O'****.
The best part of last night's game (other than watching it with all Oilers fans) was how much the local press here was talking about how it was a foregone conclusion that **** Oilers would somehow miraculously stop this streak.

If this streak ends any time soon, it'll be Sunday against Detroit.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #635
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
The Flyers have aquired Simon Gagne for a conditional 4th, not sure what the condition is, hopefully its playing time related.

In the next NHL collective bargaining agreement, expect a cap to be placed on trades between the Kings and Flyers.
Conditional third, based on if the Flyers make the playoffs. If they don't make the playoffs, Kings get a 4th round pick.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #636
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
That was ballsy of Brouwer to come out and say it but it didn't come back to bite them, at least not tonight.
@SWhyno: Holtby on Semin: "If he decides to play, he could be the best player in the world."

Semin just is what he is. A tremendous talent but today was exactly what is maddening about him.

He wanted to score badly but he was so hesitant and he just started shooting from the perimeter and the caps were hell bent on blocking every one of those attempts.

I would say Brouwer and Erskine basically intimidated him from buzzing around the net. I was surprised that the Canes didn't really step up on Brouwer.

If there is one good thing that could come out of this season it's Adam Oates. The guy is a top notch hockey mind and when they trust him, they look pretty solid. Lately, the caps have been trusting Oates systems it seems.

They have outworked every team they have faced since that pens debacle with the exception of that lazy effort in @NYR.

They still need to reel off a 4-5 game win streak but at least they are taking it to some opponents recently.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #637
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Great trade by Bergevin in Montreal

Ryder and a 3rd for Cole is tremendous. Cole is not the same player and his contract is horrible.

Bergevin knows what he is doing. He adds Prust, Armstrong, Bouillon and now Ryder; making Montreal a tougher team to play against. That organization has done a complete 180 with bergevin and therien leading the way.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #638
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Well they did lose their starting goalie because of cap issues.

They also unloaded Byfuglien, Ladd, Campbell, and Brouwer. Sorry I'd call that a bunch of key pieces.

They've got lucky in the sense that both Crawford and Emery are playing AMAZING this year. Having draft picks like Saad and Shaw actually pan help makes the future look bright.

I just Toews or Hossa don't get lost to injuries like they have been in years past.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #639
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
@SWhyno: Holtby on Semin: "If he decides to play, he could be the best player in the world."

Semin just is what he is. A tremendous talent but today was exactly what is maddening about him.

He wanted to score badly but he was so hesitant and he just started shooting from the perimeter and the caps were hell bent on blocking every one of those attempts.

I would say Brouwer and Erskine basically intimidated him from buzzing around the net. I was surprised that the Canes didn't really step up on Brouwer.

If there is one good thing that could come out of this season it's Adam Oates. The guy is a top notch hockey mind and when they trust him, they look pretty solid. Lately, the caps have been trusting Oates systems it seems.

They have outworked every team they have faced since that pens debacle with the exception of that lazy effort in @NYR.

They still need to reel off a 4-5 game win streak but at least they are taking it to some opponents recently.
That surprised me too, as much as I respect Brouwer for saying it, I'm not one of Semin's current teammates. I would've lit Troy up if I was on Carolina.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #640
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Well they did lose their starting goalie because of cap issues.

They also unloaded Byfuglien, Ladd, Campbell, and Brouwer. Sorry I'd call that a bunch of key pieces.

They've got lucky in the sense that both Crawford and Emery are playing AMAZING this year. Having draft picks like Saad and Shaw actually pan help makes the future look bright.

I just Toews or Hossa don't get lost to injuries like they have been in years past.
good pieces, still not their core and their starting goalie was seen as replaceable and it was well known that Crawford was likely to be the next man up due to potential cost cutting.
if they would have had to deal away Keith,Seabrook or Hossa then yes it would have been a huge deal and part of their core. the other pieces were solid but not so important that it changed the future of the franchise.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #641
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Vokoun sucked it up.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #642
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Another 30 shots in 2 periods against Varly!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #643
ElwayMD
It Stinks!

Meet the New Boss...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Vokoun sucked it up.
I remember people talking about Vokoun was such a great pick up and he would take so much pressure off of Fluery. The guy is freaking swiss cheese.
ElwayMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #644
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Word is Skinner and Gleason will be back for Pittsburgh. About damn time! I'm sick of the offensive ineptitude that's trending with this team, Muller is forced to shuffle lines, and nothing is working.

The Canes are only two lines deep, and its really a failure of our recent drafts. Between Boychuck, Bowman, and Dalpe we have had only one, Skinner, offensive I vestment pan out. We've had more success raiding the waiver wire than we've had selecting kids coming into the league. Very frustrating.

I hope Cam eats his wheaties Thursday morning...
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #645
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Another 30 shots in 2 periods against Varly!
we have got to improve the D. Varly would be a threat to lead the league in wins each season with a competent D in front of him.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #646
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
we have got to improve the D. Varly would be a threat to lead the league in wins each season with a competent D in front of him.
No kidding. Varly has top 5 goalie talent type skills.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #647
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
I'm giving up hope that the FO will do much of anything to make the D better. I thought after last year at a minimum O'Bryne was gone. Yet he's never even a healthy scratch.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #648
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
I'm giving up hope that the FO will do much of anything to make the D better. I thought after last year at a minimum O'Bryne was gone. Yet he's never even a healthy scratch.
i think once ROR is dealt that will solve some defense issues. we're likely to get a top 2 type d man from the trade.
the real issue is needing Duncan Siemens to get it in gear.
he's taking a big longer to develop than expected. at lease Hishon is badly injured from the McNabb hit. Siemens is just lackadaisical.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #649
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
That's a game-changer ... RT @DarrenDreger: Breaking: Told thhe Flames have filed an offer sheet on Ryan O'Reilly. #TSN

edit: ROR signed it. Compensation would be 1st + 3rd

2yrs, $10M

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 02-28-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Old 02-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #650
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
That's a game-changer ... RT @DarrenDreger: Breaking: Told thhe Flames have filed an offer sheet on Ryan O'Reilly. #TSN

edit: ROR signed it. Compensation would be 1st + 3rd

2yrs, $10M
Avs would be stupid not to sign it...so they likely will not sign.