The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default What happend to Nnamdi?

Curious as to what everyone thinks of Asomaugh at this point. It seems like he went from best in the league (better than champ or revis) to being a cast off in like 2 years. That's a historically bad drop in cb play over such a short amount of time. I don't know if he would be a good fit for the Broncos or anything but I can't believe that he is bad enough to be released off a team.

What happened to him?
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic

He got released? The eagles happened.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
jerseyboiler120

Yup, the eagles happened. Not only that though, I remember being shocked at the huge contracts numbers people were saying he deserved. I always saw him as a solid corner and even pretty darn good, but not top 10 corners of a generation like the hype was during his contract year.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
He got released? The eagles happened.
he didn't get released, but the Eagles have said that if he doesn't take a pay cut and restructure that he will be released.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

If I remember correctly (could be wrong), Nnamdi made his reputation by being an excellent press man corner - which he still might be very good at. The Eagles (in their wisdom) decided to use him mostly in zone and off coverage and made him look pedestrian. He still might be very good on the right team.

I could be wrong, but that's what I heard on the light rail.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

the Eagles are dumb as hell that's what. he's a press man corner that they keep using in zone and soft off coverage.
that'd be like the Jets putting Revis 6 yards off the line and allowing guys to make catches and then tackle him.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
TonyR
Franchise Poster

The Eagles tried to change things up for him some this past season and he still underperformed. So while I do think he was misused some I also think he regressed some and may not have been quite as good as everyone thought he was to begin with. He'll also be 32 when next season starts.

And he clearly didn't enjoy his time in Philly. Check this out:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...-eagles-report
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Nmandi is a man to man corner and he stinks in a zone. Don't sign him unless you plan on using him 1 on 1. You don't move him around or have him chase guys in motion. You let him camp on his side and just cover whichever outside WR lines up in front of him.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #9
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
If I remember correctly (could be wrong), Nnamdi made his reputation by being an excellent press man corner - which he still might be very good at. The Eagles (in their wisdom) decided to use him mostly in zone and off coverage and made him look pedestrian. He still might be very good on the right team.

I could be wrong, but that's what I heard on the light rail.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
the Eagles are dumb as hell that's what. he's a press man corner that they keep using in zone and soft off coverage.
that'd be like the Jets putting Revis 6 yards off the line and allowing guys to make catches and then tackle him.
And this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Nmandi is a man to man corner and he stinks in a zone. Don't sign him unless you plan on using him 1 on 1. You don't move him around or have him chase guys in motion. You let him camp on his side and just cover whichever outside WR lines up in front of him.
and This.

Looks like I don't have any work here to be finished.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #10
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
What happened to him?
He's sitt'n on a beach earning 20%.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #11
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
They were showing game film on Revis today at the combine. Showed him playing press and off the line. That Dude excels both ways.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Bad news is that Rhodes and Trufant both ran so good at the combine they won't be around when the Broncos pick. Good news is that means like usual really good guards people though would go top 25 don't.

Trufant ran a sub 4.4 and was a stud at the SR bowl. He's not going to last. Which sucks because hes a true stud at CB IMO.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Raiders always looked for man to man guys and thats what he is. Still he is older now and past his prime so I doubt he gets a huge offer.

But some team will sign him to a deal larger then Broncos probably willing to give. There are 3 CBS I wouldn't mind having in the first round.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

We never had a problem throwing against him when he was a Raider. Never understood the hype.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
We never had a problem throwing against him when he was a Raider. Never understood the hype.
What? We always ended up attacking the man opposite of Aso. For instance, Deangelo Hall got abused in 2008.
He was a very good corner, but he can only do one thing, and thats man to man coverage.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #16
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
Curious as to what everyone thinks of Asomaugh at this point. It seems like he went from best in the league (better than champ or revis) to being a cast off in like 2 years. That's a historically bad drop in cb play over such a short amount of time. I don't know if he would be a good fit for the Broncos or anything but I can't believe that he is bad enough to be released off a team.

What happened to him?
Speak for yourself. I never considered him better then Revis and he may have been slightly better then Champ at certain things with Champ being older then he was but I think Champ in his prime was much more well rounded then him.

Who knows exactly all the reasons why he is slumping. Maybe he's just not super motivated with the team he is on and the style of play. I imagine a trade will happen. They don't want him anymore and he doesn't want to be there.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Thats how it goes for corners and WR sometimes. Only a few are good old like Green and Bailey, Woodson, Tim Brown etc etc. Others are one of the better ones in the league for 4-5 yrs but can't maintain that like the great players.

Nmandi may just be one of those mortal players with a 3-5 yr peak period that is now just over with. But I still think he's probably a starter in this league.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #18
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
What? We always ended up attacking the man opposite of Aso. For instance, Deangelo Hall got abused in 2008.
He was a very good corner, but he can only do one thing, and thats man to man coverage.
You say always and then bring up the best game in Eddie Royal's career. I think that was the only game we didn't go at him.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #19
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
They were showing game film on Revis today at the combine. Showed him playing press and off the line. That Dude excels both ways.
yes, and Manning can run whatever offense he chooses to at a near perfect rate.
doesn't mean he doesn't do one much more efficiently than the other.
and he's definitely better on Revis island than sagging off in zone.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #20
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Denver could use him,del Rio would like nothing more than 2 corners that can go 1 on 1.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #21
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

If he's cut, bring him in.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:26 AM   #22
Bacchus

Quote:
Revis, who held out in 2010 during a highly publicized contract dispute, is entering the final season of a front-loaded four-year contract that will pay him $6 million in 2013. He is seeking a long-term deal from the Jets that would pay him as much as $16 million per year, which the club is unwilling to pay.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...at-nfl-combine
Old 02-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #23
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Voice of Gimli the Dwarf: ". . . he fell."
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #24
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Thats how it goes for corners and WR sometimes. Only a few are good old like Green and Bailey, Woodson, Tim Brown etc etc. Others are one of the better ones in the league for 4-5 yrs but can't maintain that like the great players.

Nmandi may just be one of those mortal players with a 3-5 yr peak period that is now just over with. But I still think he's probably a starter in this league.
Another great example is Chad Johnson Amazing for 4 years then ****.
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote