The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #51
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Dustin Hopkins, he has a golden foot and can kick it a ****ing mile!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #52
NickStixx

Oh never mind I didn't see he was already picked... my bad...
Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #53
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You aren't. I love Short as a prospect, but his best fit is in a UT role where he can pin back the ears and do what he does best. There is going to be a slough run on corners after you take Trufant, so I'd do it. I know you have your qualms about a CB early, but he is an excellent prospect, great fit for the scheme and has true #1 ability at the next level.

You are getting a Top 3 CB in the class @ #28 if you take him.
Yeah, I hate taking a CB there, but I agree he is the BPA.

If he is gone, I'm flipping a coin between Te'o and Jesse Williams (if nobody trades with me).
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #54
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
I don't think he fits the scheme to be honest. Him weighing under 300 screamed UT to me. Broncos seem like they are keeping Wolfe at DE and want some bohemeths to man DT (based on who they've interviewed).

I could be wrong.
But Jesse Williams is 325 and moves like a guy under 300. So you get the best of both worlds.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #55
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Vikings took Te'o, so Trufant it is.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #56
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
But Jesse Williams is 325 and moves like a guy under 300. So you get the best of both worlds.
We were talking about Short, but I agree.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #57
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Vikings took Te'o, so Trufant it is.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #58
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Trufant was BPA by a mile, followed closely by the 2 TE's. I gave you the BPA Rascal, sorry you hated the TE's but its a copycat League and Eifert and Ertz are going to be real productive next year and start right away for someone. Tamme and Dreesen are OK, but those guys are going to be top notch in season one in this offense for sure. They give DEN 3 Elite Big targets for Manning.

It is exactly what I would have done in your shoes.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #59
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Mediator is going to take Eifert and Ertz and pair them with the guys Indy drafted last year. Four tight end sets.!!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #60
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

I drafted him, but it still makes me want to puke. Yes he is a good player, but we still have holes at SS, MLB, DT, RT/G, RB, and slot WR. At some point, need outweighs value.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #61
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

I should have picked Jesse Williams and then traded up in the second for Arthur Brown. Championship!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #62
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I drafted him, but it still makes me want to puke. Yes he is a good player, but we still have holes at SS, MLB, DT, RT/G, RB, and slot WR. At some point, need outweighs value.
I think you did the right thing. We don't have a #1 on the team after Bailey retires. I still think Harris is probably best as #3 corner, but was very proud of him this year. I think Bolden's limit is #2 and Carter is a sub-package guy. Trufant is probably going to start somewhere this year and if was drafted by Denver, he might even impress enough to do that. I know I sound like a broken record, but we are four deep at corner right now. One his a sure-fire HOF who is still playing at a high level. As a Noles fan, I'm proud of Carter's play but he definitely isn't a world-beater. We don't know about Bolden yet and Harris is a good player. You need to be five deep at corner in this league. You just added a dynamic player in the draft to the squad!

IMHO -- the value wasn't there at S, RT/G or RB. That can be had 2-4. You could have rolled the dice in Minter (will probably go to BALT) or have taken a guy like Jesse Williams (who is a good player, but as you can see the Broncos are focusing on NT who are much bigger and probably have better value to the team based on their round of selection).

I think you can still come away with great guys with the slate of picks we have at positions of need. Now that you took Trufant, the DBs are going to roll of the board. I can think of a half a dozen teams in the top half of round two who DESPERATELY need help in their secondary.

You were ahead of the curve.

Way to go!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #63
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

At what point do we get to tape Rahim the Dream to the goalpost and throw **** at him?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #64
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
I think you did the right thing. We don't have a #1 on the team after Bailey retires. I still think Harris is probably best as #3 corner, but was very proud of him this year. I think Bolden's limit is #2 and Carter is a sub-package guy. Trufant is probably going to start somewhere this year and if was drafted by Denver, he might even impress enough to do that. I know I sound like a broken record, but we are four deep at corner right now. One his a sure-fire HOF who is still playing at a high level. As a Noles fan, I'm proud of Carter's play but he definitely isn't a world-beater. We don't know about Bolden yet and Harris is a good player. You need to be five deep at corner in this league. You just added a dynamic player in the draft to the squad!

IMHO -- the value wasn't there at S, RT/G or RB. That can be had 2-4. You could have rolled the dice in Minter (will probably go to BALT) or have taken a guy like Jesse Williams (who is a good player, but as you can see the Broncos are focusing on NT who are much bigger and probably have better value to the team based on their round of selection).

I think you can still come away with great guys with the slate of picks we have at positions of need. Now that you took Trufant, the DBs are going to roll of the board. I can think of a half a dozen teams in the top half of round two who DESPERATELY need help in their secondary.

You were ahead of the curve.

Way to go!
If I make this pick as Elway/Fox, I follow it up by announcing that Champ will be moving to FS and Moore/Carter/etc will be competing for SS.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #65
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
At what point do we get to tape Rahim the Dream to the goalpost and throw **** at him?
If I'm Elway/Fox, I just moved Champ to FS, so....proceed sir!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #66
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Any names falling that I should target trading up for? BTW, both of your TEs are still available Med
Old 02-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #67
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Any names falling that I should target trading up for? BTW, both of your TEs are still available Med
Wont be in the real draft

I still want Starter level players in the first 2 rounds, and this year its 3 deep IMHO. I'll look at your board and advise from there.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #68
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Mediator is going to take Eifert and Ertz and pair them with the guys Indy drafted last year. Four tight end sets.!!!!!
Matchup with that B****!

No, I was doing it for DEN's Needs and BPA. Rascals draft is freaking horrible right now, people reaching all over the place for Athletic ability and not talent right after the combine.

Looking over the mess right now.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #69
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I know you were doing it for Denver, I was just kidding.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #70
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Holes are relative, as are draft positions to fill holes. Value is in the eye of the beholder. You draft players who fit what Your team wants to do, when they are not reaching for need.

Basically, no way you draft a safety in the first in this draft if you need one, because there are starters available until the late 4th. WR's as well, especailly slot WR's as there are 10 guys who will compete from day one to play in the slot in this draft.

Mike has value from the late 2cd to the fifth. DT is the deepest I have ever seen at all three real postions of UT, NT, and 3-4 DE. The DEN mold run stuffers are all over the 3-4 rounds in this draft. I am excited you got one of the top 3 CB's though, no better players were remotely available when you selected and this kid will be a Probowler IMHO or better. Love his competitive nature.

From your list of needs there are 4 players likely to be there at 58 who will compete from day one (this excludes the TE's, since you are not buying it, even though I think its a huge mistake if either are there):

In order of BPA

Deandre Hopkins WR
Kevin Minter MLB
Markus Wheaton WR
Dallas Thomas OL
Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #71
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
In order of BPA

Deandre Hopkins WR
Kevin Minter MLB
Markus Wheaton WR
Dallas Thomas OL
I don't have any of those players making it past 55.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #72
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Dallas Thomas just taken along with Eifert.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #73
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Jesse Williams still available...I'm a bit surprised to see that.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #74
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Hey Med who would you take first?

Eifert or Ertz? or does it matter?
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #75
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I don't have any of those players making it past 55.
This is NOT the real draft, and its too early to tell who will get taken in round one let alone round 2.

I am going on what trends I saw from his draft ONLY.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: