The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Default Christie snubbed

Too reasonable for the crazy right wingers.

TRENDING: Christie not on CPAC's guest list

CNN) - Itís considered a key speaking engagement for any Republican considering a bid for president, but one potential 2016 candidate didnít get an invitation to this yearís Conservative Political Action Conference.

Someone close to CPAC said Monday that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie wasnít asked to attend by organizers of the event, which will take place in mid-March at a resort outside Washington. Officially, CPAC says theyíre finalizing this yearís schedule.

Other Republicans who are thought to be considering presidential bids and are on the CPAC speaking list include Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who was announced as a speaker earlier Monday.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky and Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin are also on the roster, along with former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, who was a 2012 Republican presidential candidate; former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush; and Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin.

Mitt Romney, the GOP's 2012 presidential nominee, will also speak at the conference.

Many Republicans voiced anger at Christie for praising President Barack Obamaís response to Superstorm Sandy, which swept through his state days before last Novemberís election. Later, Christie publically blasted Republican lawmakers for stalling passage of emergency funds for Sandy victims.

The outspoken governor defended himself against charges he helped swing the election to Obama, however, saying on CNN that "When the president does things that deserve praise, I will give him praise. And when the president does things that deserve scorn, I'll give him scorn."
"I am not going to play politics with this issue, this is so much bigger than an election," Christie continued. "When someone asks me an honest question, I give an honest answer: 'How's the president been to deal with?' He's been outstanding to deal with on this.Ē
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...cs-guest-list/
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

When you are marching with the Storm Troopers it really stands out when your jackboot doesn't go as high in the air as everybody else's.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
BroncoBeavis

I came into this thread thinking it was probably about Chris being shown the door at the Golden Corral.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Politics is about towing the line, not giving honest opinions. That goes for BOTH parties. That is reason # 452 that I would never be good, in politics. When the Republicans do something good, I stand up for them. When the Democrats do something good, I stand up for them. The way the Republicans treated Ron Paul, was unforgivable. It looks like they are doing the same thing, to Christie...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Politics is about towing the line, not giving honest opinions. That goes for BOTH parties. That is reason # 452 that I would never be good, in politics. When the Republicans do something good, I stand up for them. When the Democrats do something good, I stand up for them. The way the Republicans treated Ron Paul, was unforgivable. It looks like they are doing the same thing, to Christie...
basically they turn off moderates and independents.Then they invite Nugent to the state of the union. and they wonder why they keep losing
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
What so bothers conservatives about Christie is that he has figured out which parts of conservatism are working and been willing to ditch the ones that arenít. His Ronald Reagan Presidential Library speech in 2011, full of explicit criticism of Obama, also contained an implicit critique of congressional Republicansí scorched-earth opposition to the president. Christie has often intimated that as president, as in his governorship, he would treat compromise with the other party as an important strategy rather than a dirty word.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...-christie.html
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
houghtam
Ring of Famer

IMO it would be in his best interests to stay far, far away from the CPAC. Those idiots will fall right n line behind him when he wins the nomination in 2016 anyway, so spouting off ideological nonsense to a bunch of mouth breathers will only serve to hurt him.

Clinton is probably the only Democrat that would stand a chance against Christie in terms of the popularity contest at this point. And she'll be 70 in 2016.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote