The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #26
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Haven't we been paying Warren like $4 mill to ride the bench the last couple years? Get rid of him and sign the Knighton kid.
Warren is a FA and Denver paid him $1.5 million last year.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #27
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So if we pay him that amount of money, does he play nickle? I can't see him beating out Champ or Harris.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #28
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
So if we pay him that amount of money, does he play nickle? I can't see him beating out Champ or Harris.
Harris is the nickle.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #29
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'm all for it, I just dont want to spend 7m a year on an FA to do it. All for drafting one.
You're right and Elway will know best. His two big non goat FA acquisitions have been stellar (Warren and Porter). Spending comparable money on someone who can and will play would be ludicrous.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #30
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You're right and Elway will know best. His two big non goat FA acquisitions have been stellar (Warren and Porter). Spending comparable money on someone who can and will play would be ludicrous.
Ok, so Leonhard, Bannan, Adams, Koppen, Dreesen, Tamme, Stokley, Carter don't count? They were all hits by Elway.

Money has nothing to do with it. If Elway feels the guy is worth the contract he should go get him. Ty Warren's injuries should not be held against Elway. It is not like he is injury prone. He just had two very serious injuries two years in a row. Sucks for Warren, sucks for Denver, it is nothing you could have predicted. And what did Denver lose signing Porter to a 1 year deal? They lost nothing

Last edited by Bacchus; 02-26-2013 at 08:09 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #31
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Harris is the nickle.
Harris started opposite Champ this year and killed it. Unless he moved to the slot in nickle situations he was the starter.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #32
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Didn't know where to put this... but after hearing yesterday that Steven Jackson will take the option to void his final year and become a FA, I can't help but scream: HELL YEAH!!! I am sure he will garner interest on our part. He is the type of back Fox wants. Just turning 30 and the perfect replacement for WM. This lets us use the our draft pick in anything other than a RB (unless it's Lattimore somewhere in the 3rd). We would own with PM and Jackson in the same backfield for the next 2-3 years.

Make it happen KARMA!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #33
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Harris is the nickle.
Wrong. He is the #2 CB.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #34
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

We can sign both those guys after we cut DJ.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #35
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Ok, so Leonhard, Bannan, Adams, Koppen, Dreesen, Tamme, Stokley, Carter don't count? They were all hits by Elway.

Money has nothing to do with it. If Elway feels the guy is worth the contract he should go get him. Ty Warren's injuries should not be held against Elway. It is not like he is injury prone. He just had two very serious injuries two years in a row. Sucks for Warren, sucks for Denver, it is nothing you could have predicted. And what did Denver lose signing Porter to a 1 year deal? They lost nothing
Lol @ "hits"

And what exactly do you disagree with? Have our "big" FA acquisitions aside from Manning been complete busts or not?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #36
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Lol @ "hits"

And what exactly do you disagree with? Have our "big" FA acquisitions aside from Manning been complete busts or not?
Rev your better than that. Other than his home runs he is only striking out or hitting singles.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #37
Bacchus

Quote:
Lol @ "hits"

What difference does it make? He signed 10 FA and two didn't pan out, one because of injury. Neither signing hurt Denver's cap. You whining like a little girl about nothing.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #38
Shananahan

Quote:
Ty Warren's injuries should not be held against Elway. It is not like he is injury prone. He just had two very serious injuries two years in a row.
Nobody is arguing that Warren's injuries should be blamed on Elway, but it's silly to suggest that Elway is not at least partly accountable for the signing not panning out. Warren might not be 'injury prone', but Elway signed him as an old and damaged player who was no longer wanted by his former team. He took the risk, so it falls on him.

I don't really care because it all sorta worked out in the end, but Elway is the guy who made that decision.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #39
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Nobody is arguing that Warren's injuries should be blamed on Elway, but it's silly to suggest that Elway is not at least partly accountable for the signing not panning out. Warren might not be 'injury prone', but Elway signed him as an old and damaged player who was no longer wanted by his former team. He took the risk, so it falls on him.

I don't really care because it all sorta worked out in the end, but Elway is the guy who made that decision.
Again who cares if Warren panned out or not? I don't get the arguement here.

Denver signed what 10 FAs last year and two did not pan out and these two have little cap ramifications. Move on nothing to see here. Tell me one team that hits on all their FAs. I do not even understand the arguement. Elway has done a fantastic job selecting FAs so far.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #40
Drunken.Broncoholic

Didnt we restructure Warrens contract after his first season ending injury?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #41
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Didnt we restructure Warrens contract after his first season ending injury?
Yep, he was on a 1 year $1.5 million. He is a FA now with no cap ramifications, oh yeah but Elway sucks.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #42
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The worst signing Elway has made was Mays. It was a terrible idea and I still don't really understand what they saw in himto give him that kind of contract.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #43
Shananahan

Quote:
Again who cares if Warren panned out or not? I don't get the arguement here.

Denver signed what 10 FAs last year and two did not pan out and these two have little cap ramifications. Move on nothing to see here. Tell me one team that hits on all their FAs. I do not even understand the arguement. Elway has done a fantastic job selecting FAs so far.
Like I said, I'm not complaining.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #44
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
The worst signing Elway has made was Mays. It was a terrible idea and I still don't really understand what they saw in himto give him that kind of contract.
I have to agree with this. Mays was a swing and miss.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #45
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

Mays was here to stuff the run. I dont see him coming back.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote