The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #601
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Rumor has it, a writer from NY blamed it on Lucic even though the B's haven't played them this year.
That was Larry Brooks writing about Nash, not Geno.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #602
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Yeah I was wondering why torts didn't want to talk about the specifics of his injury earlier. Hope Nash is ok.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #603
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Yeah I was wondering why torts didn't want to talk about the specifics of his injury earlier. Hope Nash is ok.
It's his groin, not his head. They announce concussions but not other injuries.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #604
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
It's his groin, not his head. They announce concussions but not other injuries.
Ahh I see. Looks like Geno will be alright. DB says no more headaches. Prolly keep him out 10 days as a precaution I think. The medical staff already committed malpractice last time so be conservative here.

Looking forward to seeing Neal on Sids line tonight.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #605
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
not at all, i defended matt POS cooke on his little skate slice thing, I think intent is a huge part of the play and the punishment, kinda like manslaughter vs murder, sure the person is still dead and as such you should be punished, but there is a big difference between going for the knee and it just happened that way.

It was cheap cuz he hit the guy who wasnt looking, and if clutterbug takes another stride and gets vertical instead of at a 45 degree angle, he gets the hip and does a somersault in the air and it is highlight reel hit.
I think it was a huge part of the decision too. If that was deemed intentional, my guess is it would have been a much more severe punishment first offense or not.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #606
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
not at all, i defended matt POS cooke on his little skate slice thing, I think intent is a huge part of the play and the punishment, kinda like manslaughter vs murder, sure the person is still dead and as such you should be punished, but there is a big difference between going for the knee and it just happened that way.

It was cheap cuz he hit the guy who wasnt looking, and if clutterbug takes another stride and gets vertical instead of at a 45 degree angle, he gets the hip and does a somersault in the air and it is highlight reel hit.
I am still not clear on the intent or lack of intent in the Cooke slice. I think the Intent on Hall was to make a hard hit, he found an easy target going across the ice with his head turned and made a bad call on how to hit. If he lowers the shoulder and leans in he is going to nail him right in the solar plexus, knock the wind out of him and put him on his ass, but goes in knee first is just a bad idea.

I have tried in the last week or so to study how people go into the boards, and I have never seen anyone lift their leg up so high the thigh becomes horizontal, which is what Cooke did. Looking at the Cooke hit in slow, it seems clear to me that he is trying to use his knee to lift Karlsons leg off the ice so he will fall over, but it doesn't work and when he goes into the boards he ends up with his foot in a dangerous place. Other players who go in that same situation keep their feet wide and on the ice for better leverage which is much less dangerous. I don't think Cooke meant to slice Karlson but I do think he deliberately put himself in a situation that was dangerous and he did so trying to effectively trip Karlson using his leg, which is against the rules. I don't see why he wasn't suspended, even if the outcome wasn't deliberate it was definitely negligent to end up in that situation.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #607
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I have tried in the last week or so to study how people go into the boards, and I have never seen anyone lift their leg up so high the thigh becomes horizontal, which is what Cooke did.
And that's the bottom line. No one who plays does what Cooke did.

He had intentions of hurting Karlsson. Did he want to slice his leg? Probably not, but that dirty POS should not get any benefit of the doubt because he has a lot of evil intentions in him. He doesn't give a **** and the only reason he hasn't been banned from the NHL is because he wears a Pens jersey.

Think about any other guy on any other team with the history of Matt Cooke. They surely would be banned from the NHL because they would be labeled the same as criminals essentially.

Cooke is a ****ing criminal. He should have been banned from the league after the Savard hit. Even when given another chance, he goes out and tries to end McDonough's career.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #608
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
It was a joke based off of that.....hence the, "didn't play them this year" part. Oh well.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #609
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
It was a joke based off of that.....hence the, "didn't play them this year" part. Oh well.
Oh....I get jokes
Old 02-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #610
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Sid is doing a great job of kicking it up a notch in Geno's absence so far. 2 goals for him in the first period. Pens up 3 at the intermission.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #611
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Congrats to Beau Bennett for his first career NHL goal.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #612
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Congrats to Beau Bennett for his first career NHL goal.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #613
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Bobby Sangunetti nets his first career goal, and the Canes snap a three game slide. Chances are the two I weeks of injury hell are coming to a close, as Pitkanen and Gleason are likely to be back for the Caps. Word is that Jeff Skinner could be back in time for the Pens as well. Looks like we're going to be able to give you guys our best shot SoCal.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #614
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Oh, and while I'm at it I would like to take a minute to b**** at the "experts" who thought Semin couldn't co-exist with Eric Staal. I'm talking to you NHL network analysis group and Pierre McGuire. Semin has decided to take a pape from his old mans book, and utilize his Pops skill set. A brief look at the play making ability of Alexander Semin, and his defensive fortitude would clearly indicate that whatever people assumed about Alexander Semin was far below his true potential. I know the guy is a sniper, but when your play inspires the greatest playmaker in NHL history to call you his peer, well you get the picture.

I rest my case.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #615
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Oh, and while I'm at it I would like to take a minute to b**** at the "experts" who thought Semin couldn't co-exist with Eric Staal. I'm talking to you NHL network analysis group and Pierre McGuire. Semin has decided to take a pape from his old mans book, and utilize his Pops skill set. A brief look at the play making ability of Alexander Semin, and his defensive fortitude would clearly indicate that whatever people assumed about Alexander Semin was far below his true potential. I know the guy is a sniper, but when your play inspires the greatest playmaker in NHL history to call you his peer, well you get the picture.

I rest my case.
he should have been a ****ing Av. cheap frickin' Kroenke's.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #616
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Any Caps fans who watched the team consistently could have told you he was their most talented player. Lazy as **** at times, but infinitely talented.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #617
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Any Caps fans who watched the team consistently could have told you he was their most talented player. Lazy as **** at times, but infinitely talented.
Semin is the most talented player in the league when he wants to be. His skill set is ridiculous.

I'll never forget talking to a Russian guy who played with him back in his hometown. He said "Semin is crazy, but his skills are also crazy" He said Semin would dick around and shoot for certain objects from the OTHER SIDE OF THE RINK and hit them consistently sometimes a few times in a row. Imagine making 5 to 10 straight half court shots in basketball.

It was never Semin's fault in DC. Is he to blame for some things? Sure. However, the organization never set the standard and let the russians go wild. Still, he was always less wild than Ovechkin of course but he took a lot of crap because he wasn't as consistent as ovechkin; just wasn't in his DNA.

He has matured. He was always an elite player, but haters will hate.

He will prove a lot of people wrong now that he has a great situation in Carolina where guys seem to thrive. The "experts" like Pierre McGuire and other NHL rejects have no clue what they are talking about. They should watch the ****ing games before they make up ****.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #618
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Semin is the most talented player in the league when he wants to be. His skill set is ridiculous.

I'll never forget talking to a Russian guy who played with him back in his hometown. He said "Semin is crazy, but his skills are also crazy" He said Semin would dick around and shoot for certain objects from the OTHER SIDE OF THE RINK and hit them consistently sometimes a few times in a row. Imagine making 5 to 10 straight half court shots in basketball.

It was never Semin's fault in DC. Is he to blame for some things? Sure. However, the organization never set the standard and let the russians go wild. Still, he was always less wild than Ovechkin of course but he took a lot of crap because he wasn't as consistent as ovechkin; just wasn't in his DNA.

He has matured. He was always an elite player, but haters will hate.

He will prove a lot of people wrong now that he has a great situation in Carolina where guys seem to thrive. The "experts" like Pierre McGuire and other NHL rejects have no clue what they are talking about. They should watch the ****ing games before they make up ****.
Meh, Semin is no Datsyuk and will never be. Semin is spectacular on a number of occasions, Datsyuk is always spectacular.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #619
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Meh, Semin is no Datsyuk and will never be. Semin is spectacular on a number of occasions, Datsyuk is always spectacular.
Datsyuk is like Kobe, Semin is like T-Mac. Semin has the better natural talent and potential but Datsyuk outworks him to the point where the seperation of talent,skill and potential isn't as big.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #620
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Semin better keep his head up; looks like T-bro may start some fireworks tomorrow

Stephen Whyno @SWhyno
Brouwer on Semin: "Some nights you didn't even know if he was gonna come to the rink."

Stephen Whyno @SWhyno
Brouwer on Semin: "It was tough to lose his scoring ability when he wanted to play. ..." #Caps

Edit: one more

Brouwer: "It's tough to play alongside guys like [Semin] because you don't know what you're gonna get out of 'em." #Caps

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 02-25-2013 at 10:55 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #621
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

that's what's frustrating about guys like Semin. all the talent in the world but the game comes so easy for them that they don't always go all out.
but when they're on, they're deadly.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #622
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

D Mark Eaton brought back on a 1 year deal by Shero.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #623
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
that's what's frustrating about guys like Semin. all the talent in the world but the game comes so easy for them that they don't always go all out.
but when they're on, they're deadly.
I'd take him on the Avs. FO wouldn't want us making the playoffs though. They'd rather put AHL players on the ice.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #624
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Semin better keep his head up; looks like T-bro may start some fireworks tomorrow

Stephen Whyno @SWhyno
Brouwer on Semin: "Some nights you didn't even know if he was gonna come to the rink."

Stephen Whyno @SWhyno
Brouwer on Semin: "It was tough to lose his scoring ability when he wanted to play. ..." #Caps

Edit: one more

Brouwer: "It's tough to play alongside guys like [Semin] because you don't know what you're gonna get out of 'em." #Caps

Apparently the key to a productive Semen is great fishing. NC is the perfect place for fishing, and Semin. Oh, and non virulent media who write **** articles about athletes, which NC is devoid of in regards to hockey.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #625
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Can't believe Chicago! I didn't really like coach Q when he was here but damn I'd take him any day over Sacc'O'****.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote