The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #51
DENVERDUI55

Manti's instincts have him playing a little faster. He is better than Rey M because he can cover and play the pass. I would have no problem with Denver taking him. Denver probably is better taking a quality OL player there though.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #52
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Joe Mays wins in a head to head race with Te'o and Minter?...wth

Best OL at #28, then you're pretty much forced to take the best CB at #58.
Sadly, a traffic cone is better in zone coverage and has substantially better instincts than Mays......
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #53
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Te'o did quite well in the short shuttle and cone drills, which test quickness and change of direction - he beat out Ogletree in both disciplines which bodes well for him. His broad jump was pretty pathetic, but his vertical was decent enough, but he is not an explosive athlete who is going to blow up offensive linemen.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #54
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

Lofa ran a 4.8, then a 4.7 on his pro-day....just sayin'
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #55
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I'm not going to throw a fit if Te'o is the pick at 28. I respect what he did in college and I do agree that he has above average instincts, but between his combine performance and the BCS game, you've really gotta question whether he can stay on the field for more than a couple of downs in the NFL.
I mean to put this into perspective, Brian Urlacher was running in the 4.55 range and threw up 225 27 times.

Te'o is a fringe 1st rounder without the weird fake dead girlfriend story.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #56
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #57
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
OL would be a waste in the first.
How is it different, or more wasteful, than CB? We already have two starters and a good #3.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #58
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
How is it different, or more wasteful, than CB? We already have two starters and a good #3.
Because all of our starters on OL are under 30, one of our starters on CB is one of the 5 oldest players in the league and our current nickel guy needs to show more consistency.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #59
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Bolden performed when given the chance as well. CB is no question the strongest position top to bottom on the defense (outside linebacker being a close second). We have glaring holes at strong safety, interior defensive line, and middle linebacker.

Really those are the most obvious holes on the whole team.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #60
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Unofficial times of 4.81 and 4.80

Plays a little faster but don't think we can afford to throw that on the field in the nickel
Didn't read the entire thread, but wasn't there a couple of offensive lineman that ran in th 4.7s? I try not to be a height weight speed guy, but you got to beat a guy the out weighs you 60-70lbs.

Edit:

BTW, who would want that fast lineman on the jumbo package. I would. Just thinking about all those play action and play action boots with him open 10-15 down the field. Wooh!

Last edited by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun; 02-25-2013 at 03:38 PM..
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #61
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

4.8+ is slow man, in fact 4.8 is not just slow at the NFL level, its slow at the collegiate level, i played linebacker in highschool and ran under a 4.8 with pads on.

Its one thing to not be a 4.5 guy, its another thing to be unable to break 4.8. He's not that big, he doesn't look that strong, he's going to get mauled on the interior.

No. He is not 1st round material, I'm not sure i'd take him in the second either. He's not starter talent, and you shoot for starters in rounds 1 and 2. Period.

Last edited by Willynowei; 02-25-2013 at 03:51 PM..
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #62
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
40 times can be overrated, but you can't stay on the field all three downs in the NFL at 4.8+. If we are going to invest in a MLB in the 1st round, it must be a guy who can cover and stay on the field all three downs.
I definitely agree, however, I'd still take him if he's there at 28 (and he won't be). Sure, his 40 is not great but he excelled in the SEC and he's proven to be the most well rounded MLB prospect of this draft. I think his instincts make up for his lack of flat line speed, and I also believe some players (like Terrell Davis for instance) have true game speed that doesn't always translate to the 40, but of course I could be wrong too...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #63
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Because all of our starters on OL are under 30, one of our starters on CB is one of the 5 oldest players in the league and our current nickel guy needs to show more consistency.
And all but one are returning from injury. And one is serious enough that people are contemplating cutting him.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #64
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
4.8+ is slow man, in fact 4.8 is not just slow at the NFL level, its slow at the collegiate level, i played linebacker in highschool and ran under a 4.8 with pads on.
Its one thing to not be a 4.5 guy, its another thing to be unable to break 4.8. He's not that big, he doesn't look that strong, he's going to get mauled on the interior.

No. He is not 1st round material, I'm not sure i'd take him in the second either. He's not starter talent, and you shoot for starters in rounds 1 and 2. Period.
Yeah, and how big were you? And if it's north of 225 why didn't you play in college? In other words, I'm calling BS.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #65
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Champ Bailey.
Chris Harris.
Omar Bolden.
Tony Carter.

That is it. One of them goes down, we are screwed. Addressing the nickel defense is going to be a primary concern for this team moving forward. Hence why John Lynch was brought in to help evaluate DB's alongside Elway and that they interviewed a bunch of them @ Indy.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #66
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And all but one are returning from injury. And one is serious enough that people are contemplating cutting him.
And didn't they want to draft the Stanford guard last year that went to the Steelers just ahead of them. I'm thinking they go get a guy at right tackle and move Franklin in. Is there a tackle at 28?
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #67
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
And didn't they want to draft the Stanford guard last year that went to the Steelers just ahead of them. I'm thinking they go get a guy at right tackle and move Franklin in. Is there a tackle at 28?
You could just take the best player out of tackle and guard and be set.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #68
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
There are several strong candidates at both guard and tackle that will be sitting there at 28. I kinda think Long out of Oregon would be very interesting pick up.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #69
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Strong candidates @ OT or G. HAH!

Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson and Fluker will probably all be gone by 28.

Warmack and Cooper (two best guards) will be off the boards to.

Why would Denver take the #7 rated OL @ #28 when there will be plenty of defensive talent available with higher on board grades?

Long @ #28 would be a tragedy.

Wait until the second or third round to get a guy for the OL. The value for OL @ #28 simply isn't there, unless you get a guy like Jones and can ensure he starts right away.

Serious mistake with the depth of OL in this class to take one that early. It would be absolutely unforgivable.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #70
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Is it me, or does it appear that Manti Ta'o has extremely short legs? Hard to break a 4.8 when you look like Fred Flintstone push starting a car when you run
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #71
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Champ Bailey.
Chris Harris.
Omar Bolden.
Tony Carter.

That is it. One of them goes down, we are screwed. Addressing the nickel defense is going to be a primary concern for this team moving forward. Hence why John Lynch was brought in to help evaluate DB's alongside Elway and that they interviewed a bunch of them @ Indy.
Hopefully Lynch is there to help evaluate safeties!! I guess getting a value CB that slipped in the later rounds wouldn't be a bad idea for at least special teams.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #72
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Also, is there a link where you can see who the broncos interviewed at the combine?
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #73
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post

I would like to hear your fantastic evaluations of the other MLB's in the draft in regards to their size...
Old 02-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #74
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Strong candidates @ OT or G. HAH!

Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson and Fluker will probably all be gone by 28.

Warmack and Cooper (two best guards) will be off the boards to.

Why would Denver take the #7 rated OL @ #28 when there will be plenty of defensive talent available with higher on board grades?

Long @ #28 would be a tragedy.

Wait until the second or third round to get a guy for the OL. The value for OL @ #28 simply isn't there, unless you get a guy like Jones and can ensure he starts right away.

Serious mistake with the depth of OL in this class to take one that early. It would be absolutely unforgivable.
maybe so, i haven't really read to much on this draft. it's a little boring. i just think that upgrading beadles isn't too bad an idea, or a right tackle that pass protects.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #75
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Champ Bailey.
Chris Harris.
Omar Bolden.
Tony Carter.

and how many teams go five deep at corner? none?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote