The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #301
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Man, Cornelius Washington is interesting. That dude is a beast. Probably can't play?
Consistency is his biggest problem. He also doesn't have a true position. (OLB/DE at Georgia) He is overshadowed by his teammates there, but he never put it together like people were hoping as a senior. Did not play as well as he did as a (rs)Jr and his production is below-average. They were hoping he would turn it on as a pass rusher this year, didn't happen. More of an edge setter. Jones and Ogletree got to do the roaming. He gets off the line very quickly though and did well at the Senior Bowl. I think he has gone from late-round consideration to perhaps the fourth or fifth round with his workouts.

Last edited by Requiem; 02-25-2013 at 12:22 PM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #302
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Consistency is his biggest problem. He also doesn't have a true position. (OLB/DE at Georgia) He is overshadowed by his teammates there, but he never put it together like people were hoping as a senior. Did not play as well as he did as a (rs)Jr and his production is below-average. They were hoping he would turn it on as a pass rusher this year, didn't happen. He gets off the line very quickly though and did well at the Senior Bowl. I think he has gone from late-round consideration to perhaps the fourth or fifth round with his workouts.
seems like a guy that goes to baltimore or pittsburgh and turns into a monster in two years once he gets some technique. they showed him jumping and it was pretty impressive. i want denver to get these type of athletes.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #303
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Cornelius Washington also got a DUI in 2011 going 92 in a 55.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #304
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
seems like a guy that goes to baltimore or pittsburgh and turns into a monster in two years once he gets some technique. they showed him jumping and it was pretty impressive. i want denver to get these type of athletes.
Yep. He probably goes to a 3-4 team who can coach him up. He would be a DE in a 4-3 scheme, but I think that he definitely has shown the ability to let loose as an OLB. Like I said, others got to do the roaming while he set the edge and had contain assignments, but he did well for himself today.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #305
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Beginning to wonder what's going to be left at #28. It was an underwhelming draft for top prospects to begin with.

The combine has to have Elway and Co. scratching their heads. None of the fast CB's worth a 1st round pick will drop to #28. They would probably consider themselves lucky if Barrett Jones or Eddie Lacy fell to them at this point.

With Kuper and McGahee's injuries, at least you would be replacing a starter with above-average talent.

Last edited by pricejj; 02-25-2013 at 12:39 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #306
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Beginning to wonder what's going to be left at #28. It was an underwhelming draft for top prospects to begin with.

The combine has to have Elway and Co. scratching their heads. None of the fast CB's worth a 1st round pick will drop to #28. They would probably consider themselves lucky if Barrett Jones or Eddie Lacy fell to them at this point.
Wouldn't be surprised if Denver goes after Jonathan Cyprien with their first pick. Have seen him move into the Top 32 on three different boards from reputable sites/publications.

Vacarro is going to be the first safety off the board and then, you basically have Elam, Cyprien and Reid battling it out for the next spot.

Would prefer us to trade down and get him, but John Lynch is in Indianapolis with John Elway to help evaluate defensive backs. That tells me the secondary is high on their list of areas to improve. They know that Moore **** the bed @ Baltimore, Bailey is getting old, Adams was a stop-gap, Carter had microfracture surgery and Porter is gone and scrambled brains in the noggin.

Playmakers @ CB/S is a huge need for this team and not many people have been advocating for their selection.

I honestly think we come out of this draft with a S and a CB -- probably in the top 4 rounds.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #307
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Gooden offical time was 4.47
Old 02-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #308
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Gooden offical time was 4.47
Should be an excellent WLB.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #309
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wouldn't be surprised if Denver goes after Jonathan Cyprien with their first pick. Have seen him move into the Top 32 on three different boards from reputable sites/publications.

Vacarro is going to be the first safety off the board and then, you basically have Elam, Cyprien and Reid battling it out for the next spot.

Would prefer us to trade down and get him, but John Lynch is in Indianapolis with John Elway to help evaluate defensive backs. That tells me the secondary is high on their list of areas to improve. They know that Moore **** the bed @ Baltimore, Bailey is getting old, Adams was a stop-gap, Carter had microfracture surgery and Porter is gone and scrambled brains in the noggin.

Playmakers @ CB/S is a huge need for this team and not many people have been advocating for their selection.

I honestly think we come out of this draft with a S and a CB -- probably in the top 4 rounds.

I think they are considering it. They need someone who can come in from day one and possibly win a starting job. I see that at safety. And offensive line.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #310
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I think they are considering it. They need someone who can come in from day one and possibly win a starting job. I see that at safety. And offensive line.
He would replace Mike Adams which would be great. Can't wait to see him run tomorrow. His straight line speed is the biggest question mark on most reports about him. If he hits it in the 4.5's -- he is going to move up boards big time. If he outperforms Elam and Reid that would be special.

Sounds like he is a very humble, respectful individual. Talks about how it is important to always learn and respect those who have came before you and those who coach you. Tailor made Denver Bronco.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #311
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Teo has good hands for a LB.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #312
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:

I have. I really think Broncos will look hard at Desmond Trufant if he is still there at our pick in first round. Broncos defense designed around on CB playing man to man. Trufant can take over for Bailey....maybe. You never know with these rookies. But Trufant has speed, football pedigree, and played well in college.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #313
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Teo has good hands for a LB.
That's what she said....................Oh wait did she?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #314
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I have. I really think Broncos will look hard at Desmond Trufant if he is still there at our pick in first round. Broncos defense designed around on CB playing man to man. Trufant can take over for Bailey....maybe. You never know with these rookies. But Trufant has speed, football pedigree, and played well in college.
What was Trufants 40 time?
I believe that if Trufant, Rhodes or Poyer are there at #28, that who DEN will draft.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #315
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
What was Trufants 40 time?
I believe that if Trufant, Rhodes or Poyer are there at #28, that who DEN will draft.
The DBs run tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #316
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Cornelius Washington also got a DUI in 2011 going 92 in a 55.
Does not matter. He is 6'4 265. Totally undersized and should be lucky to get drafted as a Slot CB
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #317
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Med, where is the inside scoop. You better be there for the DB's tomorrow! I've been waaaaaaaaaaaaaiting since Thursday for tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #318
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Med, where is the inside scoop. You better be there for the DB's tomorrow! I've been waaaaaaaaaaaaaiting since Thursday for tomorrow.
Nope, not even in town tomorrow. Work

2 years in a row I am missing it all. Sitting in the suite though watching NFLN while waiting to meet with Client who has rescheduled twice already today.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #319
yerner
Ring of Famer

I guess everyone's given up on Bolden? I'm not so sure yet. Dude was really good before he got hurt. I think he might still make a jump.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #320
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I guess everyone's given up on Bolden? I'm not so sure yet. Dude was really good before he got hurt. I think he might still make a jump.
He could still be a player.

Bailey, Harris, Bolden and Carter is all we have. I am assuming Tracy will not be back with the squad. If somebody goes down, we are toast. CB is definitely a need.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #321
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:

That's crazy that Lynch is there. They're obviously looking for a bigtime Defensive leader.

Cyprien huh? He doesn't seem like a guy you would spend a 1st round pick on. Can he cover TE's better Adams? It's probably a wash. I read an article that made it seem like Quinton Carter was progressing well, who knows with that.

Rhodes, and Trufant will definitely be gone by #28. Poyer will be the best remaining CB at #28...and you're right, the Broncos MUST pick a CB with one of their top 2 picks. But if he can't run a 4.45, I don't want him in the 1st round.

I find it hard to justify drafting Jordan Poyer over Barrett Jones or Eddie Lacy. It just seems like Poyer might get burned a lot on the outside.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #322
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

We will know more about the DBs tomorrow after they run and their drills. I still can't see OL being the best value @ #28 unless he is going to start right away. With all the talk of Franklin moving inside, it is quite possible they look for a RT. Of course, Mr. Jones has played every position so he would be a good fit. Still would like to trade down. I'd like to trade down and get a shot at Cyprien too, but there will be a lot of teams going for DB in the second, IMHO. We are just lucky that FA has some good corners too.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #323
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
We will know more about the DBs tomorrow after they run and their drills. I still can't see OL being the best value @ #28 unless he is going to start right away. With all the talk of Franklin moving inside, it is quite possible they look for a RT. Of course, Mr. Jones has played every position so he would be a good fit. Still would like to trade down. I'd like to trade down and get a shot at Cyprien too, but there will be a lot of teams going for DB in the second, IMHO. We are just lucky that FA has some good corners too.
What about DT being good value at 28?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #324
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
What about DT being good value at 28?
Should be a lot of good guys there, unfortunately some of them did not work out at Indy. Depends on who we re-signed and who we might bring in. Aren't all of our guys FA? Vickerson, Bannan and Unrein. Who was our other DT? Get a guy like Terrance Knighton that JDR drafted and then we could probably wait past #28.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #325
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

What did Rich Eisen end up running? Did he meet Elways requirements to get on our draft board?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: