The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #226
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Ogletree is toast. Hes undersized, and all the hype about being able to play any LB position is highly exageratted. and now he get a DUI a week before the combine.
Yeah, right. That wont have a huge effect on him getting drafted.
There are other options at LB that are just as good for NFL teams, and they know it.
Ogletree isnt some superstar that come along once in a lifetime.
How is he undersized? Dude is 6'2 242. That is fine for any lb position.

He can play any Lb position, but he was totally protected at Georgia with those 3 DL in front of him. So was Jarvis and he struggled more with blocks than Ogletree.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #227
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Yep. Everything I've read on Bengals boards (doing my draft homework, team needs, etc.) shows that Rey is gone, Burfict could be moved to middle, but it is higly unlikely. Some fans want it, some don't. I think he should just stay at WLB and they should take their chances on a MIKE or a versatile WILL that has the capability to man down MIKE in the NFL.

Bengals could definitely land Ogletree and have shown they aren't shy about taking people with character concerns. That isn't to say I am going to take him in the draft, (but I probably am -- smokescreen/oh la la) but he can definitely play a variety of positions and be diverse for that team. If the Bengals don't take him in the first, I am not sure what team after that would hop on him. There are definitely teams like HOU, DEN, BAL who need a LB -- just not sure if their FO's are willing to take that gamble.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #228
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Moore just pulled up lame in the 40. This has been a bad weekend for him.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #229
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Dion Jordan and Ziggy Ansah tore it up. Floyd had a fantastic time and I think Hankins ran solid for his size. *giggle*
Old 02-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #230
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Moore just pulled up lame in the 40. This has been a bad weekend for him.
Job stepping up to the plate. . . he pulled a hamstring. . . pulled it right off.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #231
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
How is he undersized? Dude is 6'2 242. That is fine for any lb position.

He can play any Lb position, but he was totally protected at Georgia with those 3 DL in front of him. So was Jarvis and he struggled more with blocks than Ogletree.
Oh! I had him at 6'3" 233!! No wait! Now hes 6'2" 242. Hillarious!
Hes a SS that is constantly trying to manipulate his weight to play
LB. I swear, this guy has more height/weight variations than a Jenny Craig commercial!!!
And the hype is laughable. Plus hes a complete idiot.
The most over-hyped defensive player of this draft.
Te'o of course being the most over-dramatic player of this draft.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #232
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...g-quarterback/

Some other decent stuff in the article besides the combine nuggets I'm posting from the article.

Five combine takeaways, inside and outside Lucas Oil Stadium.

1. Repeat after me: Two months to go before real decisions happen. It may be a big deal that top-10 pick Star Lotulelei, the defensive tackle from Utah, has a heart defect that needs further testing, as reported by ESPN, but we won't know for sure until further tests happen. Same with the spinal stenosis for Georgia's Jarvis Jones and the rehabbing shoulder of USC quarterback Matt Barkley. Patience. Patience. When you hear that players are "sliding down draft boards,'' or "rocketing up draft boards,'' understand that it's a lie. Those draft boards now are mental. Most teams have their first version of player ranking set before coming to the combine. Then they return home and continue the scouting process, then reset the board in the week or sometimes day or two before the draft. If they're sliding or rising now, it's in the minds of GMs, not in any official sense.

2. Alex Smith to Kansas City? Jason LaCanfora reported Sunday night that a trade of Smith from the 49ers was "effectively complete,'' but the destination is unknown. It's not Jacksonville. It's likely Kansas City, and if it's for a third-round pick or less, it's a great move for the Chiefs. Smith would be the smart and accurate field general Andy Reid wants out of the position.

3. The Ravens and Joe Flacco are making progress. The club negotiator, Pat Moriarty, and agent Joe Linta spent four hours together Friday night, then were spotted at the Capital Grille having dinner. This isn't degenerating into what happened last summer -- yet, and I don't think it will -- when Linta and Flacco walked away with a deal agonizingly close. The Ravens know they can find a way to do a cap-friendly deal in years one and two, Flacco knows he doesn't want to leave Baltimore, and the extended conversation is a good sign that the two sides can reach a five- or six-year deal to keep the unsigned Flacco in Baltimore through the middle of his prime years before free agency opens in two weeks.

4. Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o made a very good first impression on the NFL. No way the second- or third-rated inside linebacker gets to the bottom of the round now, in the wake of the fake girlfriend story. I can't see him lasting past Cincinnati at 21. "Unbelievable kid,'' is how one interviewer for a team described him Sunday night. "Everybody in our room fell in love with him." More about him in a few moments.

5. Making sense of the speed. "We were talking about that tonight,'' said one club scout. "The times just seem to be faster than we expected, by a lot of guys." There were six sub-4.4-second 40-yard dashes by wide receivers -- including 4.27 by Texas' Marquise Goodwin and 4.34 by Texas A&M's Ryan Swope, both faster than predicted -- and a ridiculous 4.65-second run by 306-pound offensive line prospect Terron Armstead of Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Maybe it's just a fluky year. But if the defensive backs run faster than normal Tuesday in the final day of combine work, I think teams will pay more attention than usual to retests on some of the sprinters' Pro Days in March.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #233
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Dion Jordan and Ziggy Ansah tore it up. Floyd had a fantastic time and I think Hankins ran solid for his size. *giggle*
Hunt ran a 4.6 as well. If he wasn't so old and raw at the sametime I would think the sky is the limit with him.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #234
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Hunt ran a 4.6 as well. If he wasn't so old and raw at the sametime I would think the sky is the limit with him.
That is quite impressive and he did a lot of reps for having such a large wingspan. Unfortunately, the more I read about him and see what footage is online, he is an athlete, not a football player. Developmental guy at best according to most places. I read a report the other day where someone said they would be smart to make him a tight end. Made me L-O-L.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #235
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

I just wanna start the mock draft. I'm almost tempted to trade my 3, 4 and 5 to the Chargers to get #11. JCMElway, are you serious on dat!?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #236
SlyEli

@VicLombardi
Hearing that Broncos brass came away impressed with Manti Te'o last night. They had a long talk. Good talk.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #237
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
That is quite impressive and he did a lot of reps for having such a large wingspan. Unfortunately, the more I read about him and see what footage is online, he is an athlete, not a football player. Developmental guy at best according to most places. I read a report the other day where someone said they would be smart to make him a tight end. Made me L-O-L.
Well you get a beast on SP teams right off the bat with him. The guy blocks kicks like Mt. Mutombo blocks shots.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #238
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Floyd keeps putting on a clinic. Testing out better athletically than Richardson, which is surprising to me. Definitely a Top 10 guy now, if not Top 5 -- even though some scouts and personnel have been saying that for a week.

Bingo's 10 yard split is better than most of the RB's in this class, absolutely insane. He, Jordan and Ansah made a bunch of $ today.

Brandon Williams, Conklin's dude -- has been VERY impressive as well.

So excited about the DL.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #239
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
@VicLombardi
Hearing that Broncos brass came away impressed with Manti Te'o last night. They had a long talk. Good talk.
Must have been the team that fell in love with him from SSJ article. Now Manti has about 15 boyfriends if our whole player personnel and scouting departments got woo'd by him.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #240
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Xavier Rhodes weighing in at 6'1 -- 210. Big boy.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #241
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I wish Bennie Logan would have ran.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #242
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Floyd keeps putting on a clinic. Testing out better athletically than Richardson, which is surprising to me. Definitely a Top 10 guy now, if not Top 5 -- even though some scouts and personnel have been saying that for a week.

Bingo's 10 yard split is better than most of the RB's in this class, absolutely insane. He, Jordan and Ansah made a bunch of $ today.

Brandon Williams, Conklin's dude -- has been VERY impressive as well.

So excited about the DL.
Mingo looks crazy fast in drills.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #243
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Looks like almost every Alabama player is too cool to workout at Indy and will hold their parade at their pro-day. Losers.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #244
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Dude could play any LB position. Seriously.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #245
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Dude could play any LB position. Seriously.
I really want him to be a Bronco, but he is probably going to run well so that won't happen.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #246
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Looks like almost every Alabama player is too cool to workout at Indy and will hold their parade at their pro-day. Losers.
It would kick ass if none got invited next year.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #247
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Thats my boy right here! Dude is going to be super sick!!! Im talking like champ and sheldon richardson style.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #248
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Thats my boy right here! Dude is going to be super sick!!! Im talking like champ and sheldon richardson style.
Xavier Rhodes is my baby's daddy.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #249
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
@VicLombardi

Seriously don't want this guy.. especially in the first, give me Tavon Austin!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #250
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Seriously don't want this guy.. especially in the first, give me Tavon Austin!
You'll get nothing and like it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: