The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #51
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Shonn Green is terrible.
This
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #52
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Shonn Green can't be good, McCheat passed him up to take Knowshow.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #53
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
This
I think we just went over that. Over 4 YPC average is not terrible. For real, I'd like to know when 4 YPC average became "terrible" in the NFL. You ESPN highlight watchers have been so over saturated with superstars that anybody that doesn't put up Peterson type numbers must be "average" .

Arian Foster average was 4.1 - he must be "terrible" hahaha
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #54
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I would much rather take a RB in the third or fourth round. There would be PLENTY of good back to compliment Hillman.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:04 AM   #55
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think we just went over that. Over 4 YPC average is not terrible. For real, I'd like to know when 4 YPC average became "terrible" in the NFL. You ESPN highlight watchers have been so over saturated with superstars that anybody that doesn't put up Peterson type numbers must be "average" .

I had shonn green in fantasy so I paid close attention to him every week. He never put up good yardage or points.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #56
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
I had shonn green in fantasy so I paid close attention to him every week. He never put up good yardage or points.
I can't tell you how to play Fantasy Football but taking a RB who splits all the carries is not really a great idea. Throw in a tad of horrid passing game and defenses stacking the box and what you have is a horrible fantasy player.

That said, he still had over 1000 yards rushing on half of the teams carries. Last year was his worst year in terms of YPC, which was still 3.9. As I already said, he's averaged 5.0, 4.1 and 4.2. You can't go by total yards alone and fantasy points. He basically averages 4 YPC. I'm not on here to try and convince anybody he's Adrian Peterson's clone. That he is not. I'm defending the notion that a 4 YPC average is not "horrible" in the NFL. I think if he can get to another team, the dude will have a great year. If he can get 350 carries, I think he can go for 1600 yards 12 TD's and a 4.5 YPC.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:17 AM   #57
extralife
Ring of Famer

I like how you are attacking people for some imagined standard of superstar-or-bust and then proceed to throw around a number like 1600 yards as if it were nothing, easily obtainable for mediocre players if they're just plopped in a team that is not the Jets. Do you know how many people ran for 1600 yards last year? 2.

And Greene has played on teams with excellent offense lines. The Jets can't wait to get rid of him, despite having exactly no one to replace him with.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #58
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:

Cherry picking ONE statistic to make an argument is never a good way to go. Try looking at the whole body of work.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #59
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Just saw on NFL network that we will be hosting Shonne Greene

Have no idea why we are interested in him
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #60
SlyEli

Just rewatched some of the highlights from Greene's best game-the playoffs versus the chargers his rookie year. His yards were due to great blocking and he went down on first contact every time except one play. Greene is a Lance Ball clone. I'd be pretty bummed if they sign him...
Old 02-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #61
BroncosfanGuy

Greene is like a less talented Ron Dayne, imo...draft a midround RB as the rotational power runner. not sure what the FO sees in Greene.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #62
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I don't get how Greene is really different from what we already have
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #63
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I don't get how Greene is really different from what we already have
He fits in with conservative foxball. why do you think the coaches love lance ball so much? He doesn't do anything great or bad, he's as average as can be, but he doesn't lose yards running sideways and contributes on special teams.

In all their conservatism the coaches don't realize the opportunity cost of opting for a guy like Ball or Greene, who have no chance to make a game changing play. They are limiting themselves.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #64
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
He fits in with conservative foxball. why do you think the coaches love lance ball so much? He doesn't do anything great or bad, he's as average as can be, but he doesn't lose yards running sideways and contributes on special teams.

In all their conservatism the coaches don't realize the opportunity cost of opting for a guy like Ball or Greene, who have no chance to make a game changing play. They are limiting themselves.
I dunno that that's true. They drafted hillman to be a game breaker
Old 02-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #65
SlyEli

Quote:
I dunno that that's true. They drafted hillman to be a game breaker
I guess so. But I think that he completely fills that role in their minds, and I think that Fox still prefers the big plodders.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #66
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Greene pursuit mentioned here as well...

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-day-is-coming
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #67
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I guess so. But I think that he completely fills that role in their minds, and I think that Fox still prefers the big plodders.
I guess so, but he sucks. And he's the definition of average, and you know he won't be paid peanuts. Don't get it.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #68
SlyEli

Quote:
I guess so, but he sucks. And he's the definition of average, and you know he won't be paid peanuts. Don't get it.
Agreed. Doesn't make sense at all. If they are looking to fill the big back role, I'd like to see them take a shot at Le'veon Bell. He's got incredible power, and shake to go along with it.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #69
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Leveon Bell in the 3rd and forget these washed up old guys.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #70
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Leveon Bell in the 3rd and forget these washed up old guys.
I would even move up to get him in the early third. I think he might go higher than our third rounder. He is going to be a stud. Perfect running mate for Ronnie.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #71
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I would even move up to get him in the early third. I think he might go higher than our third rounder. He is going to be a stud. Perfect running mate for Ronnie.
I'd be fine with that. Our late 2nd would bug me too much if we used it on him.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #72
Bacchus

Pass on Green draft a RB and have McGahee, Moreno, Fannin, Johnson, Hillman all battle it out. Don't waste money on almost 30 year-old RBs.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #73
Bacchus

6. Hall of Fame role model: Wisconsin RB Montee Ball had an interesting response when asked about his running style. He said his idol is former Bronco great Terrell Davis, but added, "I feel I run a lot like Curtis Martin." That a college senior knows about the Jets' Hall of Famer, who last played in 2005, tells me something about the kid. A lot of 20-somethings have no idea about anything that occurred before 2010. Ball could be an interesting option for the Jets in the second round (39th overall).
Old 02-25-2013, 01:11 AM   #74
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

If the Broncos sign Green, he'll be better then anybody we currently have. I think the Broncos are still gonna draft somebody at RB, that to me is a no brainer. I just think the Broncos don't feel they can count on Moreno and McGahee to stay healthy and so they'll draft somebody but want some experience coming in at the position. I think Green is alot better then some of you suggest. But, we've beaten that horse into the ground and then some. We shall see.

I just don't think we have a back on our current roster that has this in him - can read the blocks, explode through the hole, demolish the tackler and then outrun everybody to the endzone. McGahee doesn't have the speed to finish that play. Moreno isn't probably gonna break the tackle and he sure doesn't have the speed, Hillman isn't going to break that tackle, Hester doesn't have the speed to finish it. I just think this guy is a really good power back with very good speed.

Last edited by ZONA; 02-25-2013 at 01:20 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #75
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If the Broncos sign Green, he'll be better then anybody we currently have. I think the Broncos are still gonna draft somebody at RB, that to me is a no brainer. I just think the Broncos don't feel they can count on Moreno and McGahee to stay healthy and so they'll draft somebody but want some experience coming in at the position. I think Green is alot better then some of you suggest. But, we've beaten that horse into the ground and then some. We shall see.

I just don't think we have a back on our current roster that has this in him - can read the blocks, explode through the hole, demolish the tackler and then outrun everybody to the endzone. McGahee doesn't have the speed to finish that play. Moreno isn't probably gonna break the tackle and he sure doesn't have the speed, Hillman isn't going to break that tackle, Hester doesn't have the speed to finish it. I just think this guy is a really good power back with very good speed.

If DEN is looking at Greene seriously then i think the FO feels its time to get younger and Slowshon and McGahee are gone and DEN drafts a Stepfan Taylor or a Le'Veon Bell in the 3rd round. Maybe Franklin or Gillisee or Jamison all of which looked good in drills yesterday.
All of em were very good at pass catching and looked solid.
DEN gets a workhorse type to fill the McGahee role, who can block and is still young, but a veteran who knows his role in Greene, and then get a rookie to go next to him with Hillman as the change o pace guy.
This team desperately needs some solid youth and depth at RB.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote