The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #176
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I'm drafting for Philly.

Davis was compared to McFadden two years ago for his speed/size combo before the injury. Some thought he would be better.
If he runs tentative that's a red flag.. I remember Jacobs ran with purpose, then he got hurt and hasn't been the same. I would need to see the tape on Davis and really dig deep to see if it was rust or running scared. His blend of power/speed is exciting, where he's projected is even more enticing..

@g6matty- Fanin bounces everything outside if I'm not mistaken. He try's to get to the edge. Davis can run between the tackles and with some authority. They both compare in being from the SEC and having some fumbling issues..
Old 02-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #177
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Bell looks great in the drills for a man his size. Haters gonna hate. LEVEON BELL FOR LIFE.
I started the Bell movement Broski! I will be pissed if we pick up Shonn Green..
Old 02-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #178
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Bernard didn't run a fast 40, but he looks damn quick in these other drills. His change of direction speed is off the charts.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #179
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

The back that interested me most this draft is Michaels out of Texas A&M. I think he going to be steal for someone. Also if Denver didn't have Hillman, I would take Benner as our change of pace/3rd down back in a second.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #180
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I liked Bell a lot at MSU. He was an absolute monster when they played Boise. The drills are showing the game speed he has. Very little momentum lost when he cuts back. 24 Reps at 225 for a his size shows really good upper body strength as well.

Monte Ball, on the other hand is having a rough combine. 4.62 40 at 215 pounds. He looks stiff and slow off of his cuts and in the weight room and for a pretty big back he put up 15 reps.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #181
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Christine Michael is a good prospect, his past injury history just scares me. He plays at a very high level and can catch well too. A good fit for us.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #182
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Christine Michael is a good prospect, his past injury history just scares me. He plays at a very high level and can catch well too. A good fit for us.
His injury history and the off the field issue are red flags, but if he sitting there in 4th then I think he worth the risk. At worse you get someone better then Ball at best you get a runner that challenges for 1st and 2nd snaps.

One on other thing on Michael, is that he has experience playing in pro style system under Sherman two years ago, so he is familiar with pass protect concepts.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #183
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Looks like a couple years of the UTough program paid off for Mike James

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #184
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Anybody see the interview on the NFLN webcast with Eddie Lacy? He said his two interviews with Denver and Baltimore were the ones that stood out to him. He's definitely a huge possibility for us if he's still around when we pick. I think that's really unlikely however.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #185
OrangeWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
id like d andre hopkins in the second if hes there !
Good value for the 3rd best WR in the draft
Old 02-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #186
OrangeWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Bernard may have run himself from the top of the 2nd round, to the top of the 3rd round. For Bell's size and build a 4.5 is plenty fast enough. He's got a really nice one cut downhill running style. Seems like a Fox back too. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we pulled the trigger on him as high as the bottom of the 3rd round.

I doubt 4.5 is enough to drop Bernard an entire round. It isn't an awful time and straight line speed isn't the most important quality for a RB.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #187
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Anybody see the interview on the NFLN webcast with Eddie Lacy? He said his two interviews with Denver and Baltimore were the ones that stood out to him. He's definitely a huge possibility for us if he's still around when we pick. I think that's really unlikely however.
I wouldn't give it too much thought. Steven Jackson thought from the talks he had with Denver at the time when he was drafted,that he would be drafted by Denver.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #188
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I still want Jesse Williams at 28. Teamed with Wolfe on one end, Doom on the other, Vickerson next to him, and Von wherever, you're talking some major disruption. He requires a double team on every down and he never stops. I think that one pick puts the Broncos at #1 defense in the NFL.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #189
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

#28 is way too high for Jesse Williams.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #190
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
#28 is way too high for Jesse Williams.
I'll bet he doesn't get past the Ravens at 32.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #191
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'll bet he doesn't get past the Ravens at 32.
I think he is a really good player and a good fit for us, I just don't see him cracking round one with the depth at DT. Hopefully I can find a way to watch the DL tomorrow. Looks like he put up 30 on the bench today.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #192
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I think he is a really good player and a good fit for us, I just don't see him cracking round one with the depth at DT. Hopefully I can find a way to watch the DL tomorrow. Looks like he put up 30 on the bench today.
I just checked four value boards and the lowest they have him is one at 25. He might not even be there at 28. The guy benches 600 pounds and has a motor that never quits. 30 is pretty damn good.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #193
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Utah DT Star Lotulelei, projected top five 5 draft pick, will not work out after echocardiogram detected heart condition. Filed to ESPN.

Lotulelei's left ventricle is pumping at 44 percent efficiency - normal range is 55-70 percent. He will undergo more tests in Salt Lake City.

That is so sad.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #194
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Utah DT Star Lotulelei, projected top five 5 draft pick, will not work out after echocardiogram detected heart condition. Filed to ESPN.

Lotulelei's left ventricle is pumping at 44 percent efficiency - normal range is 55-70 percent. He will undergo more tests in Salt Lake City.

That is so sad.
Wow! That shakes up a lot of boards.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #195
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I just checked four value boards and the lowest they have him is one at 25. He might not even be there at 28. The guy benches 600 pounds and has a motor that never quits. 30 is pretty damn good.
I've seen him very high on some boards and then some as low as the third round. I don't understand why there is so much disparity. Why do you think so? Probably just because he'll play NT?
Old 02-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #196
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I've seen him very high on some boards and then some as low as the third round. I don't understand why there is so much disparity. Why do you think so? Probably just because he'll play NT?
I don't think a lot of teams will see him as a 3-4 guy, even though that's what he played in college. He switched back and forth from NT to DE and didn't show much sideways agility. I think he's made to order for JDR's 4-3. As a single gapper he would have to be double teamed on every down. Plus, his claim to fame is high stamina and non-stop effort.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #197
swaiy

So that Star guy has been playing with basically one arm behind his back? ****. A beast still.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #198
Bmore Manning

Can Star drop somewhere within reasonable trade up distance..what a steal that would be.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #199
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

My guy Hunt benched well today 38. This is a piss poor showing for anyone projected to go in the top ten besides the OL guys IMO. Damontre Moore 12 reps? Really? Star and Jones with the health issues is a big blow to them.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #200
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
The back that interested me most this draft is Michaels out of Texas A&M. I think he going to be steal for someone. Also if Denver didn't have Hillman, I would take Benner as our change of pace/3rd down back in a second.
You mean Christine Michael? Way too many injury concerns. He's got 1st round talent, but do we really want another back that can't stay healthy?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: