The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #26
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Pass on Turner. The Falcons also believe themselves to be a SB contender and they are fine with releasing him. I don't see that he adds anything to our current team.

I believe we could find much more value in a current #2 player like Ivory or Bradshaw. If we are going to keep and "older" back on the roster, it might as well be Willis. I do think Jackson would be a significant upgrade, but not at the price.

Lets stick with the youth movement at RB. Find us a gem in rounds 3-5, but this year, find us a "Fox style" back that has more power than Hillman.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #27
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Yeah, let's pick up a young RB to plug in and carry the load. I think they're on the top shelf, aisle 5.

Turner is slow and a surprisingly old 31. Pass.

I have no problem with Steven Jackson. He's not young, but neither is our QB, and he needs help with the offense. We're in 'win now', aren't we?

So, we can draft a RB this year, but not too high, right?, because that would be a waste of a draft pick. So let's look to the mid rounds for a guy that can take over and replace what we have, because, yeah, it's that easy I guess.

McGahee is good when he's not fumbling or getting injured. Moreno plays well long enough to start believing, then he drive the stake through the heart with another injury. I like Hillman, but he's not a feature back, and that's ok. There's a place for him on this team.

With the self destruct feature of this team ticking down daily, you don't have the luxury of experimenting drafting chance RB's in the mid rounds, hoping they are the one. If you roll the dice with a 36 year old QB coming off serious injury, trying to secure Jackson within the framework of the team is a no brainer. We don't need a RB of the future right now, unless you plan on taking a top tier back in the draft. The clock is ticking on this team.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #28
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdissette View Post
we are a contender so we will be getting veterans especially career losing team vets on the cheap believe that
if they go after vets they should go after productive vets. I think Turner is done as far as being a productive NFL back goes.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #29
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Turner is done!!! I would stick to WM over turner any day of the week. Turner is slower than KM by know. And if you guys saw Elway's combine presser you would know what he thinks of KM. Moreno ain't going anywhere.

If we are going to replace WM with a vet, it better be with Jackson or Ivory. Other than that, draft a RB. (Still drool over Lattimore in the 3rd, even 2nd)
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #30
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Turner is DONE.
Only 5 games last year, including playoffs, did he average over 4 yards a carry. He's not a receiving threat, doesn't have any speed, and also fumbled 3 times last year losing 1.

He isn't going to come in and do better than what McGahee or Moreno did last year, not a chance. Heck I'd really wonder if he'd be any better than Lance Ball was.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #31
BroncoBrett
Beef curtains

PFM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Willis is a better pass catcher out of the back field than Turner by far. Willis>Turner. More versitility in the offense. If I had to choose. But I hope they can do better than this this year..
BroncoBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #32
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Turner is not what this team needs, no thanks. we need a RB in the draft. unless Jackson wants to come on board.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #33
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

S Jackson on dump offs would be amazing, he is also good in pass protection
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #34
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Oh for God's sakes, the hell with the old broken down useless running backs whose old teams don't want them anymore. I'd rather release Willis and role into next year with Knowshon, Hillman, and Jeremiah Johnson, and take a shot at landing this years Alfred Morris in the 5th, 6th, or 7th round.
I would take a shot on Knile Davis. I've seen him projected to go anywhere from the the 3rd to undrafted. He lead the SEC in rushing in 2010 over several current NFL backs.

Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #35
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Dwyer, Ivory... Or find one in the later part of the draft. I don't want old, broken down RBs on this team anymore!! Get rid of Willis
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #36
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Kniles looks interesting.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #37
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Both Turner and Jackson have been in the league for 9 years. Both remind me of "bringing in DeAngelo Williams". All have had one really good year and basically that's it. If we bring in someone, Dwyer or Ivory. Bradshaw is oft injured also. I like the idea of picking one up late in the draft also.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #38
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Both Turner and Jackson have been in the league for 9 years. Both remind me of "bringing in DeAngelo Williams". All have had one really good year and basically that's it. If we bring in someone, Dwyer or Ivory. Bradshaw is oft injured also. I like the idea of picking one up late in the draft also.
I think Bradshaw is the most intreguing (sp?) FA. I am not sure about Jackson, he hasn't done much lately, Bradshaw has won SB's which is a good intangible. I know Bradshaw has injury issues and he has a lot of mileage but of the FA's I would like to kick the tires on him the most.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #39
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdissette View Post
steven jackson would be an amazing steal...but i bet he goes to a team like the Pats or Steelers....he would be perfect and i agree turner doesnt have alot left but i think he would be more consistent than mcgahee i mean his injury really hurt us at the worst possible time and i would prefer never to see hillman getting that many carries in meaningful games again the guy is a scatback at best we need a mauler between the tackles and i dont think drafting one is the answer
Like...
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #40
jerseyboiler120

Turner is not an upgrade by any stretch. I would love to see us get Jackson. With our passing attack, being able to really pound a defense into submission with Jackson would create such a lethal 1-2 punch no one would be able to keep us under 20 points.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #41
Bmore Manning

Just read that Broncos and Falcons are courting Shonn Green.. I hope they outbid us for his services..
Old 02-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #42
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Just read that Broncos and Falcons are courting Shonn Green.. I hope they outbid us for his services..
Shown Greene? I hope not. I live here in New Jersey, and having to watch him over the past couple seasons has been painful. No top end speed, and not much power.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #43
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
Shown Greene? I hope not. I live here in New Jersey, and having to watch him over the past couple seasons has been painful. No top end speed, and not much power.
I'm with you!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #44
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
I'm with you!
My best friend is a jets fan so I watch all the games with him very closely. Even when the pathetic O-line of the jets does open a huge hole, Greene only takes it about 8 yards. We need a power back that can turn those 8 yarders into 30 yarders. Greene doesn't have that ability.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #45
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
My best friend is a jets fan so I watch all the games with him very closely. Even when the pathetic O-line of the jets does open a huge hole, Greene only takes it about 8 yards. We need a power back that can turn those 8 yarders into 30 yarders. Greene doesn't have that ability.
I have watched every team this season, and a majority of their games. Being an East Coast guy also I have seen way too much of Green, and I want no parts. He's slow and soft. I really question our front office.. Green sucks..
Old 02-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #46
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Both Turner and Jackson have been in the league for 9 years. Both remind me of "bringing in DeAngelo Williams". All have had one really good year and basically that's it.
Steven Jackson has 13,500 all purpose yards and 64 TDs in 9 seasons. 3 seasons with over 1,200 yds rushing alone. Almost all of that was behind a miserable OLine, with opposing defenses keyed on him because they had no other threats.

One good year? C'mon now.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #47
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Chris Ivory and Dwyer are both Restricted Free Agents and not worth giving up a draft picks for.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #48
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Chris Ivory and Dwyer are both Restricted Free Agents and not worth giving up a draft picks for.

I like Ivory

No point in spending premium picks on a RB in today's nfl
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #49
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post

Didn't know that...well hell back to the drawing boards.......................ok I'm back, how about we sign Reggie Bush then
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #50
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Agreed soft and slow. He had a great OL in NY and couldn't do anything special.