The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #101
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Looks like you have sweet vindication. Can't believe Brown put on 15 lbs. You can tell he has the mental make-up, determination, and athletic ability to be a star in the NFL. Good call.

He saw a window and took it. 1st interior LB off the board.
Too bad John likes Irving/Johnson..
Old 02-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #102
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
A lot of players taken do not even have contact with the team that takes them.

Damn I hope this is the case here. For the first time this year my annual "Oh hell no, I'll go ballistic" feelings were felt reading this
why? Allen has #1 WR potential. 6-3 210, go up and get it WR with speed and good hands. would push Decker to the slot and make for the best WR corps in the NFL. if he's there at #28 that's a steal for us.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #103
Paladin
Ring of Famer

If Teo is there, Elway takes him.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #104
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Looks like you have sweet vindication. Can't believe Brown put on 15 lbs. You can tell he has the mental make-up, determination, and athletic ability to be a star in the NFL. Good call.

He saw a window and took it. 1st interior LB off the board.
Wow, you really put a lot of importance on someone's weigh in
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #105
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You are nuts. Allen is legit.
He's also a WR. If we're talking the third round or beyond, yeah I am nuts. Otherwise, if before that, no I'm not.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #106
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

unless we run the ball better on 3rd down we won't have the plays to work in 3 really good WR. I'm with gunns taking a WR first or 2nd round seems like a reach prediction wise.

I think Broncos would go CB before WR.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #107
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
unless we run the ball better on 3rd down we won't have the plays to work in 3 really good WR. I'm with gunns taking a WR first or 2nd round seems like a reach prediction wise.

I think Broncos would go CB before WR.
Good running backs can be found. However, I'm all for Tavon Austin, though i think there's no way in hell he drops to us.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #108
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Good running backs can be found. However, I'm all for Tavon Austin, though i think there's no way in hell he drops to us.
I've seen a lot of mocks that have the patriots drafting him. He could definitely fall.

I'm not sold on te'o. Seems to me if Elway's talking up te'o this far ahead it's probably a smokescreen. After watching the championship game, in which he looked completely outmatched against Bama, I'm not sure who would want to spend a first on him. He's another product of the notre dame hype machine.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #109
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
I've seen a lot of mocks that have the patriots drafting him. He could definitely fall.

I'm not sold on te'o. Seems to me if Elway's talking up te'o this far ahead it's probably a smokescreen. After watching the championship game, in which he looked completely outmatched against Bama, I'm not sure who would want to spend a first on him. He's another product of the notre dame hype machine.
I think as long as Tavon runs well (low 4.4's?), he'll be taken earlier than the Pats pick. The guy is an insane playmaker. We wouldnt necessarily need him to return kicks, but we don't have anything remotely close to him in our offensive attack.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #110
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
He's also a WR. If we're talking the third round or beyond, yeah I am nuts. Otherwise, if before that, no I'm not.
I care what position he plays, he could easily be the most talented player on the board. Yes you are nuts for not wanting to add talent on the roster lol.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #111
SlyEli

Quote:
I think as long as Tavon runs well (low 4.4's?), he'll be taken earlier than the Pats pick. The guy is an insane playmaker. We wouldnt necessarily need him to return kicks, but we don't have anything remotely close to him in our offensive attack.
agreed. He's be a perfect compliment to the big boys Black and Decker. It's not often that there's a Harvin-type prospect at the receiver. The only alternative at the slot is bringing in a guy like Welker, but he'd cost way more than Austin.

I became a huge fan of his last year after the bowl game two years ago against clemson, he had like 3 or 4 touchdowns. Dude is a baller.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #112
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
agreed. He's be a perfect compliment to the big boys Black and Decker. It's not often that there's a Harvin-type prospect at the receiver. The only alternative at the slot is bringing in a guy like Welker, but he'd cost way more than Austin.

I became a huge fan of his last year after the bowl game two years ago against clemson, he had like 3 or 4 touchdowns. Dude is a baller.
I dont get how he wasnt a heisman candidate...the game against Oklahoma should have put him in the convo period
Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #113
SlyEli

Quote:
I dont get how he wasnt a heisman candidate...the game against Oklahoma should have put him in the convo period
yet somehow he's the third rated receiver behind Patterson from Tennessee and Allen from Cal. For that reason (value of big potential #1 receivers over a smaller slot guy) I think he could fall.

Speaking of Oklahoma, what happened to Landry Jones? He must've had a bad year, they were talking about him as a potential top ten pick before the season.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #114
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Wow, you really put a lot of importance on someone's weigh in
A few players are falling out of favor (Ogletree, Montgomery, etc.), the NT's are starting their annual slide...and there's a serious shortage of impact interior LB's in the NFL. The biggest story at the combine is Manti Te'o.

All of these factors contribute to a ton of dynamics going on at MLB in the draft this year. It's looking to be a fairly even field, between Te'o, Brown, and Minter (now that they all weigh the same). The combine is all about measurables...it's going to be interesting to see how they run.

1. Brown ran in the 4.4's in HS...so you know he has the athleticism...he has the film, and now he has the size.
2. Te'o has well documented issues, but is a major playmaker/tackler...and he's trim and sleek for the combine.
3. Minter rose before the draft, but he's got to get the momentum back if he wants to be a 1st round pick.

Every scouting site has a different one of the three ranked at the top. Which one will separate themselves?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #115
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
why? Allen has #1 WR potential. 6-3 210, go up and get it WR with speed and good hands. would push Decker to the slot and make for the best WR corps in the NFL. if he's there at #28 that's a steal for us.
Yep, just what we need to make it to the next level. That's what 1st round WR's do for ya. /sarcasm
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:50 AM   #116
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Yep, just what we need to make it to the next level.
Keenan Allen is like Justin Blackmon...except bigger, and without alcohol problems. He could be the most explosive player in the draft, is ultra-competitive, and blows away anyone who would be available at #28.

He was the #5 overall prospect in the country coming out of high school (as a Safety and WR...like Julio Jones before him) and committed to Alabama. You're boy Eric Reid was #90 overall the same year.

I would be VERY surprised if he didn't get drafted in the top 15...but the Broncos sure could use him.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #117
Bmore Manning

Goodwin and Austin hit 4.25...

Harper hit 4.46..
Old 02-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #118
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Yep, just what we need to make it to the next level. That's what 1st round WR's do for ya. /sarcasm
From the sounds of it, Elway is looking for electric playmakers in the draft to get them to the next level. Allen won't be around when we are picking and Austin after a 4.25 won't either, but I would not doubt that Denver looks to upgrade their WR corps in this deep class by the end of round 3.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #119
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Quote:
A few players are falling out of favor (Ogletree, Montgomery, etc.), the NT's are starting their annual slide...and there's a serious shortage of impact interior LB's in the NFL. The biggest story at the combine is Manti Te'o.

All of these factors contribute to a ton of dynamics going on at MLB in the draft this year. It's looking to be a fairly even field, between Te'o, Brown, and Minter (now that they all weigh the same). The combine is all about measurables...it's going to be interesting to see how they run.

1. Brown ran in the 4.4's in HS...so you know he has the athleticism...he has the film, and now he has the size.
2. Te'o has well documented issues, but is a major playmaker/tackler...and he's trim and sleek for the combine.
3. Minter rose before the draft, but he's got to get the momentum back if he wants to be a 1st round pick.

Every scouting site has a different one of the three ranked at the top. Which one will separate themselves?
I know that Minter has been the fad pick on this board, but he's a 2 down linebacker. Very good against the run, very bad in coverage.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #120
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Minter is good enough to drop in his zones. I still think he's a three-down guy. He could obviously improve in there.

Greene bulking up to 241 signals to me that teams will be looking for him on the inside as well. Good for him!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #121
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

DeAndre Hopkins is just a natural catching the ball.

Darius Johnson has looked pathetic in WR drills. Can't catch or even get to the ball.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #122
Bmore Manning

Hopkins attacks the ball like Julio.. Just minus a little speed and physicality..

I really am intrigued by Harper after his 4.6 forty..
Old 02-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #123
Bmore Manning

I would really really like Te'o, Brown, or Green to be a Bronco. Green is just electric..
Old 02-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #124
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Goodwin and Austin hit 4.25...

Harper hit 4.46..
There goes my tavon dream
Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #125
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I would really really like Te'o, Brown, or Green to be a Bronco. Green is just electric..
Khaseem Greene? I'm all for it. I still don't see Arthur brown as a traditional mike. I'll obviously defer to the broncos, but he seems like a much better nickel guy than base guy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: