The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #101
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Ya, and we are the paranoid ones. Are you in any way related to these two paranoid city council members?

Could be in the Colorado Legislature. Lots of irrational moonbats there on a crack-driven power trip.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #102
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Rep, kids these days.
Ice Cube and his old comrades got away with making a ton of pretty racist music back then which for some odd reason never made a blip on the "antiracist" radar.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #103
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
So biden promotes buying a firearm & as a result he's anti-2nd amendment.
Joe Biden like every other politician exempts himself from the laws he suggests and passes the rest of us to follow...or did you forget that they exempted themselves from Obamacare?

His advice is the typical liberal one....like they tell women who are being sexually assaulted to urinate on themselves in order to diminish their attacker's libido and make the experience less enjoyable to them......while the typical conservative says she should pull her Glock out and make the ****ing rapist piss himself instead.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #104
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Let me ask you,if you broke into a house and the homeowner has a dbl barrel shotgun aimed at you,you're not going to worry about being killed?

Aimed at me before he pulled the trigger and fired....damn straight. Thanks for making our case.

If he already fired both barrels into the air, maybe....but I'd like my chances of perpetrating my crime more knowing his shotgun was now without any shells.

This dolt of a VP is trying to make the case for restricting the number of rounds a law abiding citizen can have.

Let me ask you....would you piss your pants and beat feet faster if you saw a shotgun or an AR-15?
Old 02-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #105
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
As Biden said they live in a wooded area, either way no cop is going to hold it against you for protecting your household. Self-defense tends to nullify a charge of brandishing a firearm.
Not exactly.....if you shoot and kill someone breaking into your home there is generally a grand jury hearing to see if you should be charged. Happens all the time...
Old 02-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #106
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
I suspect most of these RKBA purists would **** their pants if presented with a real threat.

Diapers for all of 'em, to spare the rest of us the smell.
for the most part, we honestly hope we never have to fire our guns in self defense.....but to say they would **** themselves isn't an accurate statement.

Most people who know how to use guns generally are quite calm....

Old 02-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #107
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
for the most part, we honestly hope we never have to fire our guns in self defense.....but to say they would **** themselves isn't an accurate statement.

Most people who know how to use guns generally are quite calm....
Now, do you think 'nyuk nyuk' (he of the "I sat in the theater and capping Holmes woulda been no big deal") would **** himself?
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #108
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No.

It's the misplaced machismo that says you'd be the tough guy, like Rambo, when presented with a genuine threat situation.

You'd more likely evacuate your bladder and bowels.
Well we can definitely say without a doubt that you would piss and **** yourself.....I bet you pick up a gun like it's a dead rat.

****ing p***Y.....
Old 02-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #109
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Well we can definitely say without a doubt that you would piss and **** yourself.....I bet you pick up a gun like it's a dead rat.

****ing p***Y.....
Guns aren't scary.

Dickheads who think that shooting someone is a trivial matter are the scary folks. They're more likely to shoot themselves (good) or the wrong target (very bad). 'nyuk' qualifies as a dickhead, easily.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #110
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Bull****.

You made it clear that if you were in that theater that night, you would have shot Holmes without the slightest complication.

You're full of ****.

How much training for exactly that kind of situation have you done, ****er?

Sitting your sorry ass in a seat don't count.
As a former Marine, I can venture a guess that for most of us, our former training would just kick in. Twice during my time in I was confronted with potential serious situations, and responded without even thinking and stopped the crimes......

As I've said before, I'd say that the vast majority of gun owners hope and pray they never have to use them.....
Old 02-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #111
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I ain't the one claiming to be a Real Macho Man - that's your fantasy.

Ever shoot anyone?

Ever been in a situation in which you could have lawfully shot someone?

Otherwise, STFU, dork.
Umm, you do realize that many in law enforcement never even draw their weapons their entire careers. So how is their situation different from anyone else who regularly goes to the gun range and practices?
Old 02-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #112
errand
Ring of Famer

People need to watch this with the intent to hear what she is saying....

Old 02-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #113
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Now, do you think 'nyuk nyuk' (he of the "I sat in the theater and capping Holmes woulda been no big deal") would **** himself?
I have no clue....I don't know nyuk nyuk other than in here. I will say that having read the post nyuk nyuk made, that it was basically stating that it wouldn't have been hard to kill Holmes....which I think is plausible.

I'll also say that the vast majority of gun owners respect guns and teach gun safety to their kids and family members....not to mention they target practice and if they conceal carry, they take training classes as well.

The bottom line is that nyuk nyuk or another citizen carrying a gun in Aurora would have increased the odds that Holmes kills one, maybe two....he'd have been the third body to drop. The average number of deaths in mass shootings stopped by law abiding citizens is under 3.....in mass shootings stopped by law enforcement, the number is 14+

why do you think these mass shootings almost always occur in places where guns are not allowed?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #114
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Guns aren't scary.

Dickheads who think that shooting someone is a trivial matter are the scary folks. They're more likely to shoot themselves (good) or the wrong target (very bad). 'nyuk' qualifies as a dickhead, easily.

They don't think it's a trivial matter.....but i will say that I know without a doubt I could kill another human being....I could do so defending myself, my kids, my friends and other innocent citizens or defending this great nation. I can't commit premeditated murder....because of my morals.

Shooting a clown like Holmes isn't murder.....I'd have shot him dead, and then went back to eating popcorn and sipping my 32 oz. $5 coke while waiting on the police.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #115
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'd have shot him dead, and then went back to eating popcorn and sipping my 32 oz. $5 coke while waiting on the police.
You and nyuk ought to date.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #116
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
They don't think it's a trivial matter.....but i will say that I know without a doubt I could kill another human being....I could do so defending myself, my kids, my friends and other innocent citizens or defending this great nation. I can't commit premeditated murder....because of my morals.

Shooting a clown like Holmes isn't murder.....I'd have shot him dead, and then went back to eating popcorn and sipping my 32 oz. $5 coke while waiting on the police.
right.

Ever eaten popcorn after getting tear gassed? I mean sure, you could totes take that guy out with a movie running, people screaming and running everywhere, next to no lighting, and tear gas in your eyes. THAT'S easy. But how to drink your soda and eat your popcorn with all those tears in your eyes and your nose all running?

Dope.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #117
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
right.

Ever eaten popcorn after getting tear gassed? I mean sure, you could totes take that guy out with a movie running, people screaming and running everywhere, next to no lighting, and tear gas in your eyes. THAT'S easy. But how to drink your soda and eat your popcorn with all those tears in your eyes and your nose all running?

Dope.
.....you haven't a clue as to the kind of training I've had clown....but my point was I wouldn't lose any sleep over killing a rat bastard like him.... but you knew that was what I meant.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #118
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
That's dumb and there is clearly no comparison. Here's a pic I took of theater 9 from last month, btw. It was actually brighter than the camera lets on.

http://i47.tinypic.com/vcs561.jpg

Recall how in theaters that after they turn out the lights and begin previews, people can still see enough to keep walking in and finding seats?

2+2 much?
Wow. Just wow. Here's another example of you spouting off on something you clearly have no clue about. You are so, so immeasurably wrong on this, and I will demonstrate why.

1) The picture you took is obviously an unoccupied theater. The sconce lights are up, and it appears that the cleaning lights are on, as well. Was this taken during intermission? (If it was during the feature, you violated federal law, but I digress.) During intermission, the cleaning lights in 90% of theater chains are turned on. Those are obviously off during a show.

2) When the trailers come on, you need your sconce lights at mid-level to allow people still filing in to see themselves to their seats.

3) When the title sequence starts, the sconce lights go to low. Think of the lowest setting on a dimmer switch. Keep in mind these lights are nothing more than a 60 watt bulb, and it looks like in that size theater there are 6 sconces with two bulbs apiece...dim dim dim. The only other lights in the entire theater are the aisle lights, the exit lights, neither of which provide any ambient light, possibly 75 watt can lights in the ceiling that are on full dim (but not many chains use that anymore, as it wastes electricity), and of course the screen. Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried to ID someone holding a flashlight while people are running in front of and behind you and in front of and behind the person holding the flashlight?

As I explained in the thread that was created on that day, there is a reason when theater management comes in to check on rowdy kids or a crying baby, the stand at the bottom and look up, and not vice versa. It's because it is almost impossible to spot someone with that damned screen washing everything out. Stand at the bottom of the theater and look up when you come back from the restroom during a movie sometime. It's like having a flashlight in a dark room. All the guests are sitting ducks. Especially the only guy fumbling for his sidearm in a room full of people running for their lives.

4) When the credits begin rolling at the end of the film, the lights go back up to mid, allowing the guests to see themselves out of the theater.

5) When the credits have finished, the blue MPAA logo comes up and the lights come back up to full.

6) The ushers usually then come around and turn the cleaning lights back on.

7) Wash, rinse, repeat.

Now, Mr. Houghtam, how can you be so positive that's the way it was that night? That seems pretty exact to me.

Well, since you asked nicely...

A) If the theater is running a digital version of a film, the hard drive of the film (for a midnight release, usually arrives Tuesday night) is ingested into the Library Management System (or LMS), and is then transferred to the individual hard drive on the projector of each house in which it is scheduled to play. The projectionist or manager then "builds" the film in a virtual interface, adhering to the strict guidelines sent from the film companies. These guidelines include, you guessed it, time stamps for cue placement, telling you when the trailers begin, when the title screen appears, when the credits begin, and when the MPAA logo appears.

B) If the theater is running a 35mm version of the film, it arrives on Monday or Tuesday, and is physically built, the cues this time put in by actually inspecting the frames and determining where each of these splits are.

C) All theaters do this. It is common business practice for every theater chain, everywhere.

But hey, I don't blame you for not knowing this. Most people don't. They think they remember what it's like during the movie, but they don't. You know why? Because they're paying attention to the movie they paid to see. The Batman midnight premier! People in the theater are quoted as saying they thought for a moment it was part of the movie.

I challenge everyone reading this thread...the next time you go to a sold out movie, wait until the first 30 minutes of the film, and then look around you. You'd be surprised how dark it is compared to the way you think you remember it.

So yeah, to say "Oh man I'd have killed that mofo no problem" is at least not taking into consideration the actual facts of the situation. What you said was ignorant, willful or otherwise.

Last edited by houghtam; 02-23-2013 at 10:17 PM..
Old 02-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #119
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So yeah, to say "Oh man I'd have killed that mofo no problem" is at least not taking into consideration the actual facts of the situation. What you said was ignorant, willful or otherwise.
Nice pwnage of errand and the nyuk.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #120
BroncoBeavis

More awesome self-defense advice from the White House's resident Second Amendment Expert.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articl...iden-interview

Quote:
I said, “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.”
Not sure who the eff is knocking on your door at 2am? Don't sweat it. Just blast it and forget it. Let the neighbors figure out who it was the next morning.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #121
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

You don't need that weapon, citizen. Joe the Retard says so.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #122
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Nice pwnage of errand and the nyuk.
all that proves is that he still works in a movie theater....

my point was that I could kill a guy like Holmes and not lose any sleep over it once again. ....... but you, being the stupid liberal douche bag that you are, wouldn't have gotten that
Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #123
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
all that proves is that he still works in a movie theater....

my point was that I could kill a guy like Holmes and not lose any sleep over it once again. ....... but you, being the stupid liberal douche bag that you are, wouldn't have gotten that
Actually I don't anymore...I gave that up a year ago to live the sweet life.

And your point was invalid. I don't care that you're a former member of the Navy. You weren't trained to wield a weapon in a dark movie theater, at a midnight show you're really excited to see, in close quarters, with tear gas in your eyes, with a movie still going on, with people running in between your LOS, with an active shooter.

You just weren't.

You would have panicked, cowered, hid, fled for your life, and/or been shot just like the rest of them.

Do you really think that most movie theaters (run by conservative CEO's, mind you) choose to be gun-free zones because of some massive liberal conspiracy? Or do you think that maybe it's because people realize that low lighting and densely packed people don't make it very conducive for a return fire situation? Use your noggin.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #124
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
And your point was invalid. I don't care that you're a former member of the Navy. You weren't trained to wield a weapon in a dark movie theater, at a midnight show you're really excited to see, in close quarters, with tear gas in your eyes, with a movie still going on, with people running in between your LOS, with an active shooter.

You just weren't.

You would have panicked, cowered, hid, fled for your life, and/or been shot just like the rest of them.
This is right, and the bolded part is most important. None of these clowns has probably ever been in a situation where they were at the wrong end of a gun barrel so none of them has any idea how they'd react. And chances are they wouldn't react well. It's funny (and a little bit pathetic) how because they own guns they all think they're Jack Bauer. They're not. The odds of them soiling their pants are considerably higher than the odds of them stopping the shooter.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #125
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Why worry about aiming in the dark? Just randomly fire two rounds from a double barreled shotgun. A warning shot x2 to let the bad guys know you mean business. That's all you really need. Anything else would be potentially dangerous and could get innocent people killed.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote