The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #101
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Family Sues Disney For Racial Discrimination

White Rabbit character accused of hugging white Kids only

WTF is going on in this World .......



Sues?

Do you even listen to your own stuff? The family did exactly what you said the nurse should have done in the first place: they asked for an apology and disciplinary action for the employee. They only hired a lawyer after they were offered $500, which they declined.

So which is it that is acceptable to you, ask for an apology, or sue?

(Or just grin and bear it, right?)
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #102
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Sues?

Do you even listen to your own stuff? The family did exactly what you said the nurse should have done in the first place: they asked for an apology and disciplinary action for the employee. They only hired a lawyer after they were offered $500, which they declined.

So which is it that is acceptable to you, ask for an apology, or sue?

(Or just grin and bear it, right?)
I think you're missing the whole point here, so I won't even bother to explain ........
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #103
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I think you're missing the whole point here, so I won't even bother to explain ........
Nope, I got your point.

Grin and bear it. Sometimes racism happens, and if you attempt to rectify the situation by either working it out with the company or working within the confines of established law, then you're a p***Y.

Sound about right to you?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #104
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

The day we breed ourselves into all one color is the day racism will end/
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #105
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

We will have brown hair, brown eyes, light brown skin and the men will all sport a medium sized dick,
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #106
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,816
Default

The people suing Disney have very little chance.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #107
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,816
Default

I'm so sick of black people crying racism all the time. It sure gets old to hear the same BS all the time. We had a case recently where a lady tried to sue pacific theaters for throwing her kids out of the theater. Why because they were loud and ruining it for other people. Of course they feel it was because they are black. Why? They claim some white kids were also using phones and talking but they didn't get kicked out.

manager told me white kids shut up when they asked them to. Black kids laughed and continued to talk on phones, talk loud, and throw popcorn at each other so they threw them out no refund.

They will lose case already about to be dismissed. Attorney is a hack just fishing for a settlement but companies are fighting BS lawsuits more and more and saying cool lets go to court and see what a jury says.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #108
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,816
Default

Back to Disney talk about a company with the very best attorneys in the world. People get money from Disney all the time but the % of cases that Disney wins are still about 80% from what i have heard. Just really hard to sue them and win unless its a personal injury lawsuit from you getting hurt. Even then though people don't get as much as they think.

I do know though that the settlement over the person who got killed by the rope that snapped off that big ship got a huge one but not sure if they released how much. I think it was sealed.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #109
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Nope, I got your point.

Grin and bear it. Sometimes racism happens, and if you attempt to rectify the situation by either working it out with the company or working within the confines of established law, then you're a p***Y.

Sound about right to you?
No the point is just because you think a character dressed up as a rabbit didn't hug your kid because he's black doesn't rise to the level of racism. The whole lawsuit a joke. Unless you think Disney trains people to be racist how would they be at fault anyways?

It's an absurd lawsuit on every level. What we need to do is sanction more attorneys who file crap lawsuits.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #110
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Nope, I got your point.

Grin and bear it. Sometimes racism happens, and if you attempt to rectify the situation by either working it out with the company or working within the confines of established law, then you're a p***Y.

Sound about right to you?
It's really pathetic when people define racism by their kids not getting a hug from the white bunny at Disney world. I'm really surprised they are not getting upset that there are only white bunnies and no black bunnies.

The poor kids were scarred for life.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #111
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No the point is just because you think a character dressed up as a rabbit didn't hug your kid because he's black doesn't rise to the level of racism. The whole lawsuit a joke. Unless you think Disney trains people to be racist how would they be at fault anyways?

It's an absurd lawsuit on every level. What we need to do is sanction more attorneys who file crap lawsuits.
You realize there's no lawsuit, right?

The people just asked for an apology and disciplinary action. In response, they got a letter from Disney offering them $500 in shut up money. It wasn't until then that they hired a lawyer. This is all in the video. It's a shame I have to repeat it.

Last edited by houghtam; 02-23-2013 at 08:36 PM..
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #112
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
It's really pathetic when people define racism by their kids not getting a hug from the white bunny at Disney world. I'm really surprised they are not getting upset that there are only white bunnies and no black bunnies.

The poor kids were scarred for life.
Again, it sure seems like you didn't even watch the video you yourself posted. If they were claiming they were the only customers and they didn't get any attention, you would have a point. But no, they're claiming that white children got attention and black children didn't. That would seem fishy to me if it happened like they said.

You, however, along with cut, are automatically assuming it's a false claim. Why? Maybe it's because they're black?

Why would I make this claim?

Let's recap this thread so far:

- You start a thread about a white supremacist requesting no black nurses and openly question why he can't, all the while implying there is nothing wrong with the practice

- You say the nurse that was affected should be fine with an apology and disciplinary action for the offending supervisor

- You post another story about a black family claiming racism at an amusement park, misrepresent their story because you either didn't understand it or because you were purposely trying to sell a bogus angle

- You claim that the family isn't entitled to anything in this situation, even though in the previous situation the nurse was entitled to an apology and disciplinary action, all the while implying they are being too sensitive

And you wonder why people think you're racist.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #113
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
You realize there's no lawsuit, right?

The people just asked for an apology and disciplinary action. In response, they got a letter from Disney offering them $500 in shut up money. It wasn't until then that they hired a lawyer. This is all in the video. It's a shame I have to repeat it.
Oh my bad. Usually when someone hires an attorney its to sue. I actually had read about this earlier and didn't watch the video. I just assumed since i was seeing a story where now they have an attorney it meant a lawsuit is coming.

Good for them not suing because suing would prove they are 2 bit shucksters looking for an easy payout.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:08 AM   #114
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Oh my bad. Usually when someone hires an attorney its to sue. I actually had read about this earlier and didn't watch the video. I just assumed since i was seeing a story where now they have an attorney it meant a lawsuit is coming.

Good for them not suing because suing would prove they are 2 bit shucksters looking for an easy payout.
Disneyland is being sued by Jason and Annelia Black, who say their African-American children were treated differently than white kids who approached the “Alice in Wonderland” character for hugs and pictures at the Anaheim, Calif., amusement park.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...--finance.html
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #115
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Sues?

Do you even listen to your own stuff? The family did exactly what you said the nurse should have done in the first place: they asked for an apology and disciplinary action for the employee. They only hired a lawyer after they were offered $500, which they declined.

So which is it that is acceptable to you, ask for an apology, or sue?

(Or just grin and bear it, right?)

Local family files lawsuit against Disneyland, claims racism
Family claims mistreatment by Disney character


SAN DIEGO - A local family filed a lawsuit Monday against Disneyland over claims of racism.

http://www.10news.com/news/investiga...-claims-racism
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #116
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Local family files lawsuit against Disneyland, claims racism
Family claims mistreatment by Disney character


SAN DIEGO - A local family filed a lawsuit Monday against Disneyland over claims of racism.

http://www.10news.com/news/investiga...-claims-racism
That wasn't in the original story you posted, firstly. Secondly that still confirms the timeline I set out.

Care to address this?:

Quote:
The Blacks' attorney sent a demand letter to Disney, demanding a confirmation the employee has been fired, along with policy changes to make sure the incident never happens again.
They were just demanding what you thought would be sufficient enough for te nurse. So tell me why this situation is different and why these people should have thicker skin than the nurse.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #117
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
That wasn't in the original story you posted, firstly. Secondly that still confirms the timeline I set out.

Care to address this?:



They were just demanding what you thought would be sufficient enough for te nurse. So tell me why this situation is different and why these people should have thicker skin than the nurse.
Because in neither case it’s really not about racism but it's "all about the money".

The lawyer said "this isn't about money" so what do you think that means .......
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #118
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Because in neither case it’s really not about racism but it's "all about the money".

The lawyer said "this isn't about money" so what do you think that means .......
They didn't hire a lawyer until after they were offered $500 for their silence. I mean, what could have possibly made them think there was anything more to the story, amirite??

So let me get this straight. Let's say you perceived you were being treated unfairly because of your race. When you approached the business about it, they apologized and offered you $500 if you signed a contract not to talk about the incident. Wouldn't you expect there's something fishy going on? I would. That's not common business practice, or you'd have people cashing in on the $500 all. the. time. Especially those black people you claim don't care about racism, just money.

No, what you do in a situation where you believe someone is falsely claiming racism and threatening a boycott unless you give them money is what I did in 2009. You document it and take the claim to police, because extortion is a felony and 2 counts will get you 10-20 years. I'm not going to post the case info here on the board, but if you're interested or don't believe me, shoot me a PM and I'll give you the case number in Cobb County (GA) Superior Court.

So again, what part of hiring a lawyer after getting offered $500 in shut up money is being "all about the money?"
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #119
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,385
Default

wow racism in a blue state.....I've always been told that that was impossible as they are such utopias of diversity.....silly me. I personally would have told him he should find another hospital to have his child's birth in.....but that too might have opened them up for litigation.

I find it funny that this skinhead would possibly think he could live in Flint Michigan and not have a black person touch something of his....I mean where does he go for fast food, or groceries or get his car fixed, etc.....

My only question is what if the roles were reversed? What if the father was a black man who didn't want some white nurses with swastikas to handle his child? What if the father was Jewish and didn't want any blonde haired blue eye nurse that looked German to handle his child? While the odds of that happening are slim, it isn't impossible.....so would the hospital have been wrong to do likewise?

Add in that the fact that as others have mentioned a hostile situation would have potentially happened had this skinhead found out the hospital ignored his wishes or directives it could have also led to the hospital being sued.....

Imagine this scenario...racist father comes in and sees Aeisha holding his child....he then rips the child out of her arms and says I don't want your "ni@@er" hands on my child....Aeisha gets angry and smacks the father for using a racial slur.......while I think he deserves it, the hospital and courts might feel otherwise as her slapping him is still considered assualt....not to mention what if the father reacts to being slapped like a US Postal employee and comes into the hospital and shoots it up?

What is more important? Protecting the black nurses from racism or protecting the entire hospital and it's patients from a potentially violent **** burger mess?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #120
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
wow racism in a blue state.....I've always been told that that was impossible as they are such utopias of diversity.....silly me. I personally would have told him he should find another hospital to have his child's birth in.....but that too might have opened them up for litigation.

I find it funny that this skinhead would possibly think he could live in Flint Michigan and not have a black person touch something of his....I mean where does he go for fast food, or groceries or get his car fixed, etc.....

My only question is what if the roles were reversed? What if the father was a black man who didn't want some white nurses with swastikas to handle his child? What if the father was Jewish and didn't want any blonde haired blue eye nurse that looked German to handle his child? While the odds of that happening are slim, it isn't impossible.....so would the hospital have been wrong to do likewise?

Add in that the fact that as others have mentioned a hostile situation would have potentially happened had this skinhead found out the hospital ignored his wishes or directives it could have also led to the hospital being sued.....

Imagine this scenario...racist father comes in and sees Aeisha holding his child....he then rips the child out of her arms and says I don't want your "ni@@er" hands on my child....Aeisha gets angry and smacks the father for using a racial slur.......while I think he deserves it, the hospital and courts might feel otherwise as her slapping him is still considered assualt....not to mention what if the father reacts to being slapped like a US Postal employee and comes into the hospital and shoots it up?

What is more important? Protecting the black nurses from racism or protecting the entire hospital and it's patients from a potentially violent **** burger mess?
Which is why the supervisor should have denied the request, informed the black nurse of the situation and that it was her choice if she still wanted the assignment, and then informed her supervisor so that the higher ups knew immediately. That would have likely released the hospital from liability because not only did they not comply with the illegal request, they gave the nurse the option to not go in there out of concern for her safety. You could still file suit if you wanted, but it would get thrown out in a heartbeat.

As far as your example, a hospital cannot legally comply with any request for service based on race. That includes both examples you gave. If you want to be racist, you have to be sneaky about it like txtebow suggested, and pretend you don't like a black person because of other qualities. Or at least that's what he claims. He's probably got more experience in that regard than I.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #121
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
It's about when this guy made this unlawful request
how is his request unlawful?

The act of granting him his request might be unlawful....but how is requesting no black nurses unlawful? It's racist and given the locale of the hospital and % of blacks working there a stupid request, but I don't see how it is unlawful.....I mean was the dad arrested for illegally requesting caucasian nurses?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #122
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,385
Default

What if the black nurse refused to tend to the patient had she been informed of the father's skinhead attitude on life?

Is it just as bad for a black nurse to refuse to care for someone who is racist as it is to not let a black nurse care for a racist?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #123
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Do you really blame baja for calling the person a bigot who said "black on black violence is the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about"...THEN started a thread about a black nurse being discriminated against and asking the question "what about the rights of the white supremicist?"

I sure don't. I mean, you may not be...you just post like one.
Go on facebook and type in search window the words white power, then black power, then latino power, and finally asian power...guess which one isn't allowed to be a "group" that can have a facebook page.


Isn't it just a racist to think blacks are superior to whites or asians? Isn't it just as racist to believe latinos are better than blacks or whites? Or are we still stuck in that only whites have the ability to be racist?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #124
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
but, but, but since I'm not white and I'm a minority it's hard for me to be a "white Supremist" ...........
And it never crossed their narrow minds to think you might be a "minority"...but because you say many things that conservatives say, so in their eyes you have to be a white racist, or at the very least a racist.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #125
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Go on facebook and type in search window the words white power, then black power, then latino power, and finally asian power...guess which one isn't allowed to be a "group" that can have a facebook page.


Isn't it just a racist to think blacks are superior to whites or asians? Isn't it just as racist to believe latinos are better than blacks or whites? Or are we still stuck in that only whites have the ability to be racist?
1) Pony already said he's not white.

2) If that's the case, it's deplorable and I think that Facebook should change their policy. In fact, I'll even write them an email about it.

3) It literally has nothing to do with the case.

As far as your other example goes, it would depend on the circumstances, but I'm sure the case could be made for the nurse that she felt threatened by the guy who requested no black nurses who had a swastika tattoo on his arm. A nurse could not, however, just refuse to serve a white guy for no other reason than "he's white".

And you're right, spdirty (and I) should probably not have said "illegal request", but rather "request which is illegal to grant". Small (but important?) distinction...somehow I think you understood what we meant, though.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Denver Broncos