The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #551
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Doesn't make up for the Liles trade, letter Fleisman go, letting Mueller go, same with Lappy when he was here. Now this issue with O'Reilly. How can you justify paying Jones(in with a killer 2 points and -9 in 11 games so far)$4M and not paying a much better player at least the same? Jones is ridiculously over paid! His best season ever was a insane 45 points. O'Reilly leads the team in points with 55 and is only 22 years old. Not to mention a beast on the PK. Great team guy. The guy has worked his ass off.
the 2nd that was acquired in the Liles trade went to the Caps for Varlamov.
Flash had a health condition that made playing a full season for the Avs damn near lethal, the mile high air did the similar things to him and amped up his condition as it did to Ryan Clark for the Steelers.
the last two, come on now, Lappy was past his prime and not needed for the salary he was asking, Mueller couldn't stay on the ice to save his life.
Jones was a unrestricted FA who could sign with any other team and was coming off of back to back 20+ goal seasons.

ROR has one good, not even great, one good season out of 3 and this b**** thinks he should get more than Duchene,EJ,Jones,Varly and etc?
**** him and his hippie dad and his dumb ass "he's one of the best defensive players of all time" agent

there is no way to justify paying ROR more than others on the team when he is a RFA, has no other offers and his leverage was a prorated 4 mil contract from the KHL and his dumb ass got injured while playing over there so he'd still be out due to the ankle injury.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #552
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Tyler Kennedy, Bortuzzo and a 3rd for O'reilly.

Git R done, Ray.
Hopefully Sherman isn't as dumb as Joe Nieuwendyk
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #553
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
the 2nd that was acquired in the Liles trade went to the Caps for Varlamov.
Flash had a health condition that made playing a full season for the Avs damn near lethal, the mile high air did the similar things to him and amped up his condition as it did to Ryan Clark for the Steelers.
the last two, come on now, Lappy was past his prime and not needed for the salary he was asking, Mueller couldn't stay on the ice to save his life.
Jones was a unrestricted FA who could sign with any other team and was coming off of back to back 20+ goal seasons.

ROR has one good, not even great, one good season out of 3 and this b**** thinks he should get more than Duchene,EJ,Jones,Varly and etc?
**** him and his hippie dad and his dumb ass "he's one of the best defensive players of all time" agent

there is no way to justify paying ROR more than others on the team when he is a RFA, has no other offers and his leverage was a prorated 4 mil contract from the KHL and his dumb ass got injured while playing over there so he'd still be out due to the ankle injury.
Jones is not a $4 million per year type player. I could careless about his 2 seasons of 20+ goals. He isnt the type of guy who will be able to take over a game or make guys around him better. There is more to being a good player than scoring goals. Maybe it's coaching but he doesn't look to be more than a 3rd line guy to me on most other teams.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=7...vid=nhl-search

Avs gave up more than a 2nd. They gave up a 1st and 2 second rounders for Varly. Could have just paid Anderson and kept the draft picks. Considering how terrible the Avs are they could use all the draft picks they can get. IMO it was a bad trade even though I like Varly.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #554
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Jones is not a $4 million per year type player. I could careless about his 2 seasons of 20+ goals. He isnt the type of guy who will be able to take over a game or make guys around him better. There is more to being a good player than scoring goals. Maybe it's coaching but he doesn't look to be more than a 3rd line guy to me on most other teams.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=7...vid=nhl-search

Avs gave up more than a 2nd. They gave up a 1st and 2 second rounders for Varly. Could have just paid Anderson and kept the draft picks. Considering how terrible the Avs are they could use all the draft picks they can get. IMO it was a bad trade even though I like Varly.
Jones is a 4 mil player based upon the market he was able to garner interest from. he'd be a 3.25 mil guy in this market but he was a UFA with leverage and the Avs don't really want to spend money right now so keeping him instead of signing a guy like Semin made sense for them.
when you go to UFA you are likely to get overpaid by some team, so i have no issue with Jones getting 4 mil since he was a UFA. i don't think he's worth it but he had a stronger case than ROR.
yes it takes a lot more than goal scoring to be a good player but goal scoring ablity gets you paid in FA. kinda like sacks do in the NFL.

i'm aware of what we gave up overall for Varly, still a good trade and the trade of Liles helped us land Varly, that's a win to me.

no we couldn't have just paid Anderson, he wanted more years than he earned and he still ended up signing for less than he demanded.
he quit on the damn team because he was mad about the length of the offer. he wanted something like 5 years and the Avs offered two. he got mad, pouted and then got his ass shipped out of town and still isn't playing at the same level as before.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #555
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Jones is a 4 mil player based upon the market he was able to garner interest from. he'd be a 3.25 mil guy in this market but he was a UFA with leverage and the Avs don't really want to spend money right now so keeping him instead of signing a guy like Semin made sense for them.
when you go to UFA you are likely to get overpaid by some team, so i have no issue with Jones getting 4 mil since he was a UFA. i don't think he's worth it but he had a stronger case than ROR.
yes it takes a lot more than goal scoring to be a good player but goal scoring ablity gets you paid in FA. kinda like sacks do in the NFL.

i'm aware of what we gave up overall for Varly, still a good trade and the trade of Liles helped us land Varly, that's a win to me.

no we couldn't have just paid Anderson, he wanted more years than he earned and he still ended up signing for less than he demanded.
he quit on the damn team because he was mad about the length of the offer. he wanted something like 5 years and the Avs offered two. he got mad, pouted and then got his ass shipped out of town and still isn't playing at the same level as before.
Can't argue there. Although Anderson is playing lights out right now.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...=nav-sts-indiv
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #556
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Can't argue there. Although Anderson is playing lights out right now.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...=nav-sts-indiv
he'll slow down soon and he's missing his best defender for the rest of the season. no one on the Sens would be more pissed than me if i was Anderson right now. Matt Cooke would get got!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #557
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Ah, you guys and your goofy trades.

Meanwhile.........8-0-0
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #558
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416441

sabres fire ruff
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #559
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
I can think of 10 teams who could instantly upgrade by hiring Lindy (and yes, Colorado is one of them).
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #560
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
i said it when the Ducks fired Carlisle, i said it when the Caps fired Boudreau and i'm saying it again with Ruff.
why the hell is he not already the new Avs coach?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #561
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Ruff is a good coach, it was just time in Buffalo. I would say they were a couple of years late on the firing.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #562
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Congrats Chadta......can we ever beat you guys at CEC?

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #563
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

What a sick night of hockey.....just awesome with the flyers pens and avs blews
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #564
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Lindy who!?!?! More importantly,

Quote:
Ducks sign G Fasth to extension
The Anaheim Ducks signed Viktor Fasth to a two-year, $5.8 million contract extension on Wednesday, rewarding the Swedish goalie for his 8-0-0 start to his first NHL season. Fasth earned a new contract after just nine unbeaten appearances with the Pacific Division-leading Ducks, who have the NHL's second-best record at 12-2-1. He'll make $2.4 million next season and $3.4 million in 2014-15.
''You always try to do your best and play your best, try to help the team as much as you can,'' Fasth said in a phone interview. ''That's what I've been trying to focus on, and that's what I have to keep doing, to do my part.''
http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/a...tension-022013
Old 02-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #565
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Erik Sixten Viktor Fasth
Old 02-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #566
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Skinner out indefinitely with a concusion, Brent to IR, no word on Gleason, and now Jamie McBain is hurt. Add to that Rutuu being done until May, and the Canes are in a world of hurt right now. What ever chances we had at a southeast crown just went spiraling down the toilet. That's two top six wingers, 3 top 4 Defensemen, and our outstanding fourth line center/PP point man.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #567
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Wasn't pretty, but the Devils needed that win
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:19 AM   #568
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Nathan Horton continues his ownage of the Lightning. I swear that one team has made him an extra million a year.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #569
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
Wasn't pretty, but the Devils needed that win
Henrique is the man.
I would take him over 10 Ovechkins any day.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #570
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Henrique is the man.
Yeah, he's become a huge part of the team. His development is a huge part of why they'll be just fine without Parise.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:21 AM   #571
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

I cant believe nobody mentioned that the islanders placed Rick Dipetro on waivers.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:14 AM   #572
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
I cant believe nobody mentioned that the islanders placed Rick Dipetro on waivers.
Probably because it's a non-event. It's not like anyone's even going to pretend to pick up that ridiculous contract.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #573
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Probably because it's a non-event. It's not like anyone's even going to pretend to pick up that ridiculous contract.
ok well then onto something a little more relevant

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/blogs/north-...170632080.html

If this doesnt prove cindy is gay I dont know what does
Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #574
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
ok well then onto something a little more relevant

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/blogs/north-...170632080.html

If this doesnt prove cindy is gay I dont know what does
Well he is surrounded by 3 adolescent girls with a Justin Bieber fixation so he is either ghey or a secret member of the clergy.....
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #575
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Henrique is the man.
foolishness. Ovie is one of the top 3 players in the game and is so explosive on O it's not even funny.
he's not the full on leader you desire from a franchise player but he is the dude that ignites the franchise, the fans and his teammates.

Crosby,Malkin and Ovie are the only players in the NHL that can be taken over the other. Stamkos,Giroux and Tavarres are making a case to get in the discussion though.