The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default Huntsman, Amazing "politician"

He is amazing. I've thought this since he was elected Governor of Utah, which I hated. He immediately showed he was not a Republican, or a Democrat, a Mormon, he was the leader of the state and he would do what was right for the state. I would have loved to see him be a big force in the last election but I do believe many began to see and he needs to run the next time. Have never voted for a "Republican" for President but I will vote for Huntsman.

This is amazing, for a "Republican" and a Mormon

Jon Huntsman, a conservative and a Mormon, says legalizing same-sex marriage is the ‘right thing to do’

Former Utah governor and presidential hopeful Jon Huntsman is speaking out in favor of marriage equality, arguing that it is a “conservative cause” that the Republican Party should support. In an op-ed for The American Conservative, Huntsman writes about his time as governor of Utah during which he pushed for civil unions and equality for the LGBTQ community, and adds that the GOP now has the opportunity to do more.

“Conservatives should start to lead again and push their states to join the nine others that allow all their citizens to marry,” Huntsman writes. “There is nothing conservative about denying other Americans the ability to forge that same relationship with the person they love… This is both the right thing to do and will better allow us to confront the real choice our country is facing: a choice between the Founders’ vision of a limited government that empowers free markets, with a level playing field giving opportunity to all, and a world of crony capitalism and rent-seeking by the most powerful economic interests.”

Here's the rest http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/02/21/forme...t-thing-to-do/
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

The powers that be in the GOP need to get with the program. Had Huntsman been the nominee, he probably would have blasted Obama.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The powers that be in the GOP need to get with the program. Had Huntsman been the nominee, he probably would have blasted Obama.
No, he wouldn't have. When he ran for President he would not say bad things about Obama. He said that Obama was a decent man and had the American public's best interest at heart. He did talk about disagreeing with some of Obama's policies but the great thing about Huntsman is he came up with alternatives, viable alternatives. He didn't talk against Obama's policies because he was a Republican but because he truly disagreed and had a different way of doing things.

Ok, I know what you meant now, he would have beaten him. He probably would have.

Last edited by gunns; 02-22-2013 at 11:52 AM..
Old 02-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Huntsman is very likable, and his demeanor and approach to politics are easy to celebrate. But aside from having civil rhetoric, standing for gay rights and being pro-science (not small things in today's GOP), on economic issues he's pretty far to the right.

I welcome having a sane voice arguing that side, I do like the guy, but I think a lot of moderates and even liberals who say he could have won their vote are either uninformed on his actual policy plans or are just more concerned with personality than substance. Moderate demeanor, but nowhere close to being a "moderate" Republican in the Eisenhower, Nixon sense of the idea.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Huntsman is very likable, and his demeanor and approach to politics are easy to celebrate. But aside from having civil rhetoric, standing for gay rights and being pro-science (not small things in today's GOP), on economic issues he's pretty far to the right.

I welcome having a sane voice arguing that side, I do like the guy, but I think a lot of moderates and even liberals who say he could have won their vote are either uninformed on his actual policy plans or are just more concerned with personality than substance. Moderate demeanor, but nowhere close to being a "moderate" Republican in the Eisenhower, Nixon sense of the idea.
You got it wrong because if he were merely a moderate Republican I still wouldn't vote for him. He's a middle of the road and whichever side is right for the state. He did great economically in Utah. He made changes that increased income, jobs, and revenue greatly and went against his party and church to do it. He got rid of welfare programs supported by the state primarily, the general assistance program primarily. They are back now that we got left with one of the good old Mormon boys again who doesn't have a clue what goes on in his government, lies about his accomplishments, and does his pretend focuses and ignorance. It's status quo once again in Utah.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

No thanks. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...wi7G_blog.html
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote