The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #76
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Yep, not looking for what's right or wrong, just looking for the deep pockets.
Yeah, if this happened at some independent Denny's franchise (and it probably does all the time) there would be no lawsuit.

Healthcare = Pockets. Pockets = Litigation. Litigation=Higher Prices for All.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #77
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I wanna sue somebody!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #78
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,420

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I wanna sue somebody!!!!
The new American Dream.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #79
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
http://www.theemploymentlawyers.com/...%20damages.htm

Read these cases and then tell me she doesn't have a strong legal argument for remuneration.

Obviously things will change as facts come out. But chances are there will just be some sort of settlement.

Be interesting to see how much. I say it will be hefty.
You follow it and let us know ok? Sure she may get 50 grand or something who knows but in Calif they have gotten a little tighter with judgements since the late 90's where most of your examples came from.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #80
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,418

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
The hospital should have denied the request. They should have explained that they were an equal opportunity employer and would not remove a nurse from her/his assignment based on race. That was their policy. If the patient didn't like this policy they were free to choose a different hospital.
This. They wouldn't be abandoning the baby or the mother and if they chose another hospital, that's their choice. What if all the nurses had been black? I don't know if I agree with a lawsuit unless it's a class action though. I do agree that the hospital is probably in trouble.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #81
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,580

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I wanna sue somebody!!!!
That could be a great country song.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #82
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,733

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
That could be a great country song.
We got it already;


"A boy named Sue"
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #83
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Don't worry fellas. The lawyers will get paid regardless of the result.
I hear it's the same for doctors.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #84
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,733

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I hear it's the same for doctors.




That I have always found amazing/

Any other service you don't deliver the service you don't get paid.


But the medical service, like McDonald's, gets paid no matter what.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #85
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,420

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post



That I have always found amazing/

Any other service you don't deliver the service you don't get paid.


But the medical service, like McDonald's, gets paid no matter what.
This is news to me. Physicians on call are required by law to take care of all patients regardless of their ability to pay. They can then be sued regardless of the outcome even if they did nothing wrong.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #86
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,733

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

If only it worked that way.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #87
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If only it worked that way.
Well to be fair you can't pay in blood and cigarettes up here like you can down there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #88
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,733

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Well to be fair you can't pay in blood and cigarettes up here like you can down there.
I get to chat with my MD about the latest in holistic medicine and traditional herbal remedies during a paid visit. We can spend 45 minutes or so together and nobody is watching the clock. The visit will probably cost about $35 and I get great personal care. He is my friend and we trade books and ideas about healing so I am pretty darn happy with my health care network.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #89
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'd like these battleaxe nurses reconcile their personal feelings of offense with that patients have the right to have a say in who cares for them.

Go ahead, ladies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #90
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Do you really blame baja for calling the person a bigot who said "black on black violence is the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about"...THEN started a thread about a black nurse being discriminated against and asking the question "what about the rights of the white supremicist?"

I sure don't. I mean, you may not be...you just post like one.
Odd because I don't see anything about white supremacism here. Plenty of black patients choose black doctors as their primary care providers. I guess they're all "supremicists," too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #91
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
but, but, but since I'm not white and I'm a minority it's hard for me to be a "white Supremist" ...........
But in the eyes of the trained attack animals, you say things that set off their PC alarms, so they assume you're "one of those."
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #92
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
She still doesn't have a good lawsuit. Lawsuits are determined by damages and from what I gather she didn't lose her job or reputation. I don't see any big damages here from that standpoint.
This is about hurt feelings, not damages.

Next time I'm flashed or groped by a patient, I'm suing my hospital.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #93
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Google > life experience?

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #94
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Odd because I don't see anything about white supremacism here. Plenty of black patients choose black doctors as their primary care providers. I guess they're all "supremicists," too.


Used to think you just don't read.

Now it's clear you just don't know how.

From the OP:

Quote:
The man also pulled up his sleeve to reveal "some type of tattoo which was believed to be a swastika of some kind"
Let me guess, he was a central american sun worshipper?



And as far as using Google is concerned, it's an easy way to link things you already know by typing in keywords about topics the less-learned and uneducated know nothing about, as evidenced in this thread and your total inability to refute anything anyone has said with anything based on, well...anything.

Now get back to stocking the suppository shelves. If you even work in a hospital, which I'm sure you don't. It's likely just another facet of your internet persona you have invented out of convenience, like your womanhood.

Worst case scenario for you, you're Drama Llama and are a sad, sad person. Best case, you're a female nurse who doesn't have a ****ing clue about employment law or the responsibilities of your profession, and are a sad, sad person.



Oh wait...

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #95
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Let me guess, he was a central american sun worshipper?
Who cares what tattoos he had?

Frankly, you're not considering the inverse. If someone belongs to a racial group and there are markings or other indications that they belong to it, then it can be within their legitimate concerns that they fear nurses of other races may retaliate against them.

We've more than once had members of the Nation of Islam as patients. I certainly wondered if they hated my guts when I went in to see them, and they probably wondered the same about me. Either way, the concern is a legitimate one from both angles. The patient would wonder if the person of another race helping them would retaliate in some manner, and likewise the person helping them would wonder if they may be subject to unfair accusations as a result of treating someone with these views.

You and yours are trying to oversimplify complicated situations by beating your PC drums and marching around your kumbaya campfire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #96
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Hey guys, did you know that movie theaters are exempted from paying minimum wage?

It doesn't matter what you guys say because I work in a movie theater and I know what I'm talking about, no matter what the evidence and common knowledge that anyone can find from a simple Google search shows to the contrary.

What a maroon.





houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #97
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Hey guys, did you know that movie theaters are exempted from paying minimum wage?

It doesn't matter what you guys say because I work in a movie theater and I know what I'm talking about, no matter what the evidence and common knowledge that anyone can find from a simple Google search shows to the contrary.
Piss poor comparison and you clearly cannot address anything beyond the kumbaya viewpoint.

So I guess my employer was "racist" several years ago when in a semiprivate room a woman from Peru or Chile didn't like having a black lady in the next bed and demanded a room change. We didn't have anything open so we had to keep her curtain pulled shut and get her a bedside commode because she refused to share the same toilet with the black woman.

Violated rights! FIGHT DUH POWAH
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #98
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Piss poor comparison and you clearly cannot address anything beyond the kumbaya viewpoint.

So I guess my employer was "racist" several years ago when in a semiprivate room a woman from Peru or Chile didn't like having a black lady in the next bed and demanded a room change. We didn't have anything open so we had to keep her curtain pulled shut and get her a bedside commode because she refused to share the same toilet with the black woman.

Violated rights! FIGHT DUH POWAH
I'll let you figure it out. You clearly know what you're talking about, as demonstrated in this very thread.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #99
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Oh will you look at that, I just got off the phone with my niece who's only been an RN for two years, and even she knows this is the law. Had to deduct a little from her total because she didn't know it was called BFOQ.

There, I have just as much anecdotal evidence as you (although unlike you my niece actually is a nurse who knows the law), so the only thing that separates our arguments is, you know, my actual evidence.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #100
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,580

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Family Sues Disney For Racial Discrimination

White Rabbit character accused of hugging white Kids only

WTF is going on in this World .......



Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Denver Broncos