The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Default Knowshon Moreno had knee surgery after the season

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-season/18540/

"Moreno underwent a treatment to insert stem cells harvested from bone marrow in his pelvis into his right knee. It is the same knee Moreno tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) to end his 2011 season."
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

From this day forth I hereby declare him as kneeshon Moreno
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

That is no bueno
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

CUT HIM!

Sorry, I thought that was the established reaction to a Knowshon thread around here...
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

We need a running back or 2. There is no way we can rely on Moreno or Willis through the season. I really like Ronnie Hillman and believe he'll contribute a lot more next season, but we need that every down back.

I would like to see the Broncos pursue Ahmad Bradshaw or Steven Jackson.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #6
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
We need a running back or 2. There is no way we can rely on Moreno or Willis through the season. I really like Ronnie Hillman and believe he'll contribute a lot more next season, but we need that every down back.

What are you going pay them with? Currently less than 4 million to spend after Clady is tagged as well as needing to find a couple DT's and some other players that are UFA from last years roster.

What are you going to do in 1-2 years when they are washed up.

Super easy to throw out stuff to see if it sticks, but much harder to plan it out.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
What are you going pay them with? Currently less than 4 million to spend after Clady is tagged as well as needing to find a couple DT's and some other players that are UFA from last years roster.

Super easy to throw out stuff to see if it sticks, but much harder to plan it out.
Cuts are coming soon...after getting rid of the wastes of money like dj there'll be more space
Old 02-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

I doubt that's going to happen. The one area in the draft where rookies can have an immediate impact is RB. They're are guys all over the draft who can come in and get it done at RB for us. You can't just look at the projected top RB's in college. You also are going to see several late round players come up big, happens all the time. We used to be very good at finding those players. We obviously need to get better at it. I hate the idea of trying to get Jackson or Bradshaw. If they were 10 years younger, maybe.

Ball is junk - Moreno unreliable due to injury - McGahee unreliable due to age - Hillman can't take a full load - Hester not starting material.

Find a few good backs in the draft.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #9
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I doubt that's going to happen. The one area in the draft where rookies can have an immediate impact is RB. They're are guys all over the draft who can come in and get it done at RB for us. You can't just look at the projected top RB's in college. You also are going to see several late round players come up big, happens all the time. We used to be very good at finding those players. We obviously need to get better at it. I hate the idea of trying to get Jackson or Bradshaw. If they were 10 years younger, maybe.

Ball is junk - Moreno unreliable due to injury - McGahee unreliable due to age - Hillman can't take a full load - Hester not starting material.

Find a few good backs in the draft.
You realize Bradshaw is 26, right?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
You realize Bradshaw is 26, right?
Yes, I was just clumping him with Jackson. Bradshaw is a nice back but at what his price will be, I don't think you'll get the best value. And he's about 190 pounds. Again, we already have our change of pace guy in Hillman. I think Bradshaw is obviously a bit more physical then Hillman but you're not going to pay Bradshaw his dollars while paying Hillman.....and still need to get that bigger 220 pound type of back that can still crank out some long runs. Would I rather have Bradshaw then Hillman, sure. But I don't think they're going to go that direction in terms of a back. I'm hoping they're looking for somebody with a little more size but the same shiftiness and speed.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:43 AM   #11
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

If you want an "every down" back I don't believe Bradshaw is the guy. In his 6 years he's only played all 16 games once, never starting all. He is a decent receiver though.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:14 AM   #12
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

You know what would be hilarious? If you just said the same stupid **** in every single post you make and then post like 50 times a day in every thread on the OM.

Oh you already do that?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:29 AM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Honestly, I just assumed he has a knee surgery every weekend.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #14
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

If you inject stem cells isn't that an attempt to treat a degeneration of the cartilage? Sound like a long term problem career ending problem vs a quick fix.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #15
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
If you inject stem cells isn't that an attempt to treat a degeneration of the cartilage? Sound like a long term problem career ending problem vs a quick fix.
If that were the case, I'm sure we would've heard something by now. That's not exactly something you can just hide, especially for a guy like Moreno that's been under the microscope for the last few years.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:30 AM   #16
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
If that were the case, I'm sure we would've heard something by now. That's not exactly something you can just hide, especially for a guy like Moreno that's been under the microscope for the last few years.
Maybe the knee hasn't responded, and this is the first attempt to fix it. I think it odd that they are inject stem cells if there wasn't a problem or maybe it a Crossfit thing..
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #17
Bacchus

He is scheduled ot make over $3 million this year. Could be interesting, I think he will have vaule in the FA market if Denver does not wish to pay him that.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #18
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
He is scheduled ot make over $3 million this year. Could be interesting, I think he will have vaule in the FA market if Denver does not wish to pay him that.
I'm not sure where you got that number, but he's only scheduled to make $1.7 mil next year. Maybe his cap hit?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:45 AM   #19
Bacchus

Quote:
I'm not sure where you got that number, but he's only scheduled to make $1.7 mil next year. Maybe his cap hit?
Moreno also carries a rather hefty $3.287 million salary-cap charge in the upcoming season, which for a team looking to create some cap room in the coming weeks and with at least some uncertainty of Moreno's availability, may get a look for a trim.

Read more: NFL draft could cure Broncos' injury concerns at running back, O-line - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2LdSGH9hD

I gave up a long time ago figuring out how they come up with salaries. Cap hit is probably what it is.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 AM   #20
socalorado
Ring of Famer

I think he gets cut. and i cant believe i am saying this, but i dont want him to!
He really improved as the year went on, and he deserves to be given a chance next year. But i see that money going elsewhere.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 AM   #21
SlyEli

Moreno is decent, but not worth 3 mil a year. He hasn't finished either of the last two seasons due to knee injuries. He's better than he used to be, but still his only real value is in the passing game. I think they should let him go
Old 02-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #22
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Honestly I kinda feel like EVERYONE has stopped giving a **** about him.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #23
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Moreno also carries a rather hefty $3.287 million salary-cap charge in the upcoming season, which for a team looking to create some cap room in the coming weeks and with at least some uncertainty of Moreno's availability, may get a look for a trim.
Salary is only $1.7 million, cap hit is the $3.3 million you mention. Since the Broncos are something of a cash budget operation they care a lot more about the former number than the latter.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #24
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
no, it's generally used as a way to stimulate the nerves and tissue around the area to avoid further surgeries and ailments.
it's basically used like a glucosomine treatment to help the area feel better and improve functionality without a ton of invasive surgeries or scopes.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #25
TonyR
Franchise Poster

This report isn't very clear. Did he really have corrective "surgery" that we should be concerned about or is this just really more of a "treatment"? I'm leaning more towards the latter, but perhaps be had both?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote