The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 03:22 AM   #1
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default Home defense firearm tips from Joe Biden, head of Obama's gun safety task force

1. Get a double barreled 12 gauge shotgun.

2. When faced with possible threat in your home, walk outside onto your porch with double barreled shotgun.

3. Fire both of your shells into the air as a warning shot. No aiming required.

4. You are now safe.

5. You do not need an AR 15 because the above method is proven effective, and the AR 15 requires aiming.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91J03720130220

Last edited by Dr. Broncenstein; 02-21-2013 at 08:46 AM..
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Well, as I said, the vice president and a number of members of my Cabinet went through a very thorough process over the last month, meeting with a lot of stakeholders in this, including the NRA, listened to proposals from all quarters. And they’ve presented me now with a list of sensible, common-sense steps that can be taken to make sure that the kinds of violence we saw at Newtown doesn’t happen again.

I’m going to be meeting with the vice president today. I expect to have a fuller presentation later in the week to give people some specifics about what I think we need to do. My starting point is not to worry about the politics. My starting point is to focus on what makes sense, what works. What should we be doing to make sure that our children are safe and that we’re reducing the incidence of gun violence? And I think we can do that in a sensible way that comports with the Second Amendment.

-- Barak Obama

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/us...anted=all&_r=0

Obama's task force completed a "thorough process" where the vice president met with "a lot of stakeholders" and "listened to proposals from all quarters." After which, the leader of said task force comes out and declares himself to be pants-on-head retarded. Obama's starting point is to focus on "what makes sense, what works." Then he appoints Joe Biden to study it out.

For the record, Biden literally said that he recommended to his wife:

1. If threatened, leave any safety and/or cover provided by your house.
2. Take a two-shot high-recoil firearm and randomly discharge both rounds without regard to any sort of target, specifically to serve as a warning to potential intruders.

The head of the gun safety task force, and second in command to a nuclear arsenal actually said that.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So biden promotes buying a firearm & as a result he's anti-2nd amendment.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Well, as I said, the vice president and a number of members of my Cabinet went through a very thorough process over the last month, meeting with a lot of stakeholders in this, including the NRA, listened to proposals from all quarters. And they’ve presented me now with a list of sensible, common-sense steps that can be taken to make sure that the kinds of violence we saw at Newtown doesn’t happen again.

I’m going to be meeting with the vice president today. I expect to have a fuller presentation later in the week to give people some specifics about what I think we need to do. My starting point is not to worry about the politics. My starting point is to focus on what makes sense, what works. What should we be doing to make sure that our children are safe and that we’re reducing the incidence of gun violence? And I think we can do that in a sensible way that comports with the Second Amendment.

-- Barak Obama

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/us...anted=all&_r=0

Obama's task force completed a "thorough process" where the vice president met with "a lot of stakeholders" and "listened to proposals from all quarters." After which, the leader of said task force comes out and declares himself to be pants-on-head retarded. Obama's starting point is to focus on "what makes sense, what works." Then he appoints Joe Biden to study it out.

For the record, Biden literally said that he recommended to his wife:

1. If threatened, leave any safety and/or cover provided by your house.
2. Take a two-shot high-recoil firearm and randomly discharge both rounds without regard to any sort of target, specifically to serve as a warning to potential intruders.

The head of the gun safety task force, and second in command to a nuclear arsenal actually said that.
Let me ask you,if you broke into a house and the homeowner has a dbl barrel shotgun aimed at you,you're not going to worry about being killed?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Let me ask you,if you broke into a house and the homeowner has a dbl barrel shotgun aimed at you,you're not going to worry about being killed?
So basically you think it's OK that the head of the gun safety task force recommends that you violate every rule of gun safety, as well as break the law in an attempt to scare away a potentially lethal home intruder. Got it.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
I would say if I was breaking into a home and the owner comes out on the porch and fires both barrels of a double barrel shotgun into the air. I would feel better knowing they are now holding an empty shotgun.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So basically you think it's OK that the head of the gun safety task force recommends that you violate every rule of gun safety, as well as break the law in an attempt to scare away a potentially lethal home intruder. Got it.
I rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6,if shooting a shotgun in the air scares away any threat to me or my family I'm going to do it.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
I rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6,if shooting a shotgun in the air scares away any threat to me or my family I'm going to do it.
Expending your ammunition randomly into the air while leaving defensive cover of your home stacks the odds against your survival. But in the event you do survive, you will likely have some explaining to do to law enforcement... given the brandishing and illegal discharge of a firearm.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Expending your ammunition randomly into the air while leaving defensive cover of your home stacks the odds against your survival. But in the event you do survive, you will likely have some explaining to do to law enforcement... given the brandishing and illegal discharge of a firearm.
and remember "what goes up must come down".
Old 02-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #10
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
As Biden said they live in a wooded area, either way no cop is going to hold it against you for protecting your household. Self-defense tends to nullify a charge of brandishing a firearm.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #11
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
As Biden said they live in a wooded area, either way no cop is going to hold it against you for protecting your household. Self-defense tends to nullify a charge of brandishing a firearm.
Walking out of your house to confront an intruder does not equal self defense. Neither does firing a "warning shot." Study it out.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #12
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
This is from a Cam'ron song!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #13
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
I missed the part where Biden said this advice is only for people that live in a wooded area ............ my bad.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #14
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

My five year old son has a better sense of gun safety than Joe Biden, head of the Obama Gun Safety Task force.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #15
nyuk nyuk

So we're to believe Joe The Anyeurism has instructed his wife (isn't that sexist?) all along to use the exact methods currently approved by the Democratic National Committee in light of their latest hysteria-driven gun grab?

Amazin'!

White knighting fail.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #16
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
This is from a Cam'ron song!
By Ice Cube long before him. Try to keep up.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #17
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
So biden promotes buying a firearm & as a result he's anti-2nd amendment.
It's akin to banning the internet and promoting buying a carrier pigeon and saying you're not anti-1st amendment.

Hey, he's not banning communication and ****.

Cut the crap - my GOD Dems even admitted the "assault weapons ban" did nothing and they voluntarily tanked it. Further, if you look at the Mother Jones Magazine "mass shooting study," you'll see that these weapons were only used in 25% of such killings, totaling an average of 7.5 injuries and deaths from "assault weapons" per year over the past 30 years. Mass shootings were and are the flashpoint of pushing for such bans, and yet when we look at the numbers - from liberals themselves - it is shown that this is all a publicity stunt and white knighting bull****.

Over 10,000 a year are killed by drunken drivers yet we hear no similar laws proposed for booze. No, instead the libs are sipping their cocktails and b****ing at the NRA.

I love how intelligent and honest liberals are. What was I thinking quitting the Democratic Party? I should go back on bended knee!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #18
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

The "gun safety task force" was a dog and pony show to distract from the Obama regime's opportunistic power grab attempt. Biden is a goddamn retard, and that's probably an insult to most retards. The only thing he could have added to make his "buy a shotgun" rant more ridiculous would have been to recommend inserting both barrels into one's mouth before firing warning shots. This idiot knows nothing about guns, even after his gun safety task force mission was complete.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #19
W*GS
Ring of Famer

I suspect most of these RKBA purists would **** their pants if presented with a real threat.

Diapers for all of 'em, to spare the rest of us the smell.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #20
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
I suspect most of these RKBA purists would **** their pants if presented with a real threat.

You're a dope.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #21
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post
You're a dope.
You're a pud.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
The "gun safety task force" was a dog and pony show to distract from the Obama regime's opportunistic power grab attempt. Biden is a goddamn retard, and that's probably an insult to most retards. The only thing he could have added to make his "buy a shotgun" rant more ridiculous would have been to recommend inserting both barrels into one's mouth before firing warning shots. This idiot knows nothing about guns, even after his gun safety task force mission was complete.
The only time these fecal smears can criticize someone shooting is when the one doing it or potentially doing it is a law abiding citizen. Same old stuck record.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #23
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Quote:
You're a pud.
Probably am..But I "suspect" you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to firearms.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #24
nyuk nyuk

Quote:

Why do you keep going from thread to thread repeating the same crap?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #25
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post
Probably am..But I "suspect" you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to firearms.
He keeps howling about the same crap and attacked me for saying that if someone in the Century Aurora had *GASP!* a CCW, lives may have been saved.

OH the horror!