The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Default Public more aligned with Obama than GOP

Quote:
President Obama starts his second term with a clear upper hand over GOP leaders on issues from guns to immigration that are likely to dominate the year, a USA TODAY/Pew Research Center Poll finds. On the legislation rated most urgent cutting the budget deficit even a majority of Republican voters endorse Obama's approach of seeking tax hikes as well as spending cuts.

The survey underscores the quandary for the GOP as it debates the party's message in the wake of disappointing losses last November for the White House and in the Senate.

Now just 22% of Americans, nearly a record low, consider themselves Republicans.

And those automatic spending cuts, known as the sequester, that are poised to take effect next week?

If no deal is reached to avert them, half of Americans say congressional Republicans will be more to blame. Less than a third would blame Obama first.

"On many of the issues, President Obama has staked out positions that seem to be closer to the public's thinking than the positions Republicans have staked out," says Michael Dimock, director of the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press. The poll is the first in a new partnership between Pew and USA TODAY. "The challenge for him is in building the public's sense of immediacy on some of these issues, particularly on climate change and guns."

Republicans have the opposite challenge. "Their focus on the deficit is in tune with the public's priorities right now," he says. "Yet their positions are not quite in step with the kind of compromises that the public tells us they want to see."
Read the whole thing here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ester/1934233/
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Rethugs have Obama right where they want him,behind them with their pants around their knees.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Here is the research in detail:

http://www.people-press.org/2013/02/...uester-happen/
Old 02-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Rethugs have Obama right where they want him,behind them with their pants around their knees.
Or more like peacepipe giving TonyR a reach around .......
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Facts and figures?? Oh no not this **** again!!

It's November all over again.

Lonestar coming in to deny the data, say everything is fine and good with his beloved Republican Party, and that stupid "I don't read science/liars always figure" mantra in 3...2...1...
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The ideology of Right Wing extremists provides all the "facts" they need. Since the dogma can never be wrong, why bother with information from "outsiders?"
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
Bacchus

Obama's approval ratings are the highest in 3 years at 55%.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Or more like peacepipe giving TonyR a reach around .......

those FLL really like to quote those liberal rags..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
lets see what they are come march 5th..
Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #10
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Facts and figures?? Oh no not this **** again!!

It's November all over again.

Lonestar coming in to deny the data, say everything is fine and good with his beloved Republican Party, and that stupid "I don't read science/liars always figure" mantra in 3...2...1...
holier than those houghtam

we all know that questions on polls can be rigged to get the answer you want to here as well as calling those areas that voted heavily for nobama each time..

sorry but most of the intelligent thinkers in the heartland do not believe your regurgitation from the FLL....
Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #11
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Anyone seen the WWE's new "villain"?

I wonder why people don't like the Tea Party, hrm.

Last edited by Blart; 02-21-2013 at 01:27 PM..
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #12
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
sorry but most of the intelligent thinkers in the heartland do not believe your regurgitation from the FLL....
You really do live in your own alternate reality. And the best part is you have no idea!!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #13
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
holier than those houghtam

we all know that questions on polls can be rigged to get the answer you want to here as well as calling those areas that voted heavily for nobama each time..

Again, keep choosing to believe that. It's exactly what lost you the election in November. We're all laughing. Until people like you realize that you're not only in the minority, but a small minority and getting smaller as you all die off, the Republicans will never win another national election.

Ever.

And we'll still be laughing.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #14
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
You really do live in your own alternate reality. And the best part is you have no idea!!
Since you just misquoted me.

I can rig a poll to come up with any answer I want. They have been doing it for years. If not,decades. If the FLL want nobama to be ahead in the polls it is a matter of asking the right questions to the targete audience to get the results they want to publish.

So I guess it is you that is living in your own alternate reality.

As I said before the post yoi took out of context wait till after march 5-6 th when some almost million folks are standing in unemployment lines. Because this moron wanted sequestration and now he has it.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #15
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Since you just misquoted me.

I can rig a poll to come up with any answer I want. They have been doing it for years. If not,decades. If the FLL want nobama to be ahead in the polls it is a matter of asking the right questions to the targete audience to get the results they want to publish.

So I guess it is you that is living in your own alternate reality.

As I said before the post yoi took out of context wait till after march 5-6 th when some almost million folks are standing in unemployment lines. Because this moron wanted sequestration and now he has it.
Funny how all the polls you and your ilk claimed were doctored prior to the election turned out to be accurate. And, yet, you still cling to these paranoid delusions. Alternate reality, indeed. The results of the election proved that the views of youself and those who think like you reside on the lunatic fringes of society.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #16
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Again, keep choosing to believe that. It's exactly what lost you the election in November. We're all laughing. Until people like you realize that you're not only in the minority, but a small minority and getting smaller as you all die off, the Republicans will never win another national election.

Ever.

And we'll still be laughing.
Aha. Now you are thinking that I lost. WE ALL LOST.

As for republicans, they said that after many elections. One was when carter was elected, another in 92.

We all saw what happened after those elections.

The pendulum has swung to the xtreme far left crap happens. But it will indeed swing back.

Btw I'm a registered Democrat that was smarter than to vote for numb nuts.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #17
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Funny how all the polls you and your ilk claimed were doctored prior to the election turned out to be accurate. And, yet, you still cling to these paranoid delusions. Alternate reality, indeed. The results of the election proved that the views of youself and those who think like you reside on the lunatic fringes of society.
Not sure I ever said those polls were rigged. Not sure I ever had the illusion that romeny would indeed win.

Just like cliton nobama is charismatic and that is hard to beat. I hedged my bets and am now making a killing in the stock market.

So he who laughs last.....
Old 02-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #18
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Not sure I ever said those polls were rigged.
How do we determine which polls are rigged, then, in your view, since you claim so many of them are? Seems to me you simply don't like what this poll has to say, so you've dismissed it as rigged without even attempting to offer evidence of such.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #19
nyuk nyuk

Funny - That poll shows that less than 25% of this "path to citizenship" horse crap the Dems have been trying to assrape us with is popular with the public.

Deceptive clowns on both sides of the aisle said after the 86 fiasco that they would be "getting tough now," and "no more amnesty!"

They lied then. They're lying now. The 86 amnesty is what brought all these people here. They knew if they pushed the door hard enough we'd cave in and pay their bills, so here they are.

"Path to citizenship" is another word for amnesty. ANY legalization is, period.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #20
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
How do we determine which polls are rigged, then, in your view, since you claim so many of them are? Seems to me you simply don't like what this poll has to say, so you've dismissed it as rigged without even attempting to offer evidence of such.
And libs have done this how many times on this forum?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #21
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Obama is a boss. Voted for the dude twice. Just crown him emperor.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #22
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Not quite.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #23
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Obama is a boss. Voted for the dude twice. Just crown him emperor.
Too late - he already crowned himself.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #24
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Official Obama 2013 Inauguration Jam.

FIRE.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #25
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Now just 22% of Americans, nearly a record low, consider themselves Republicans.
The party that doubled the size of government under Bush is not the answer for real conservatives. The Democrats biggest lead was in 2008. Now a record number of Americans claim to be independent. The Democrats need to make the most of their time in power before the opposition reorganizes.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote