The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #2326
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #2327
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I have no idea what is going on with Collins but maybe he does trust his HS coach more than his family when it comes to making a decision about his future? I'm not saying his HS coach is sqeaky clean, who knows what his angle is? Maybe he just wants Collins to get out of the Miami scene and the hype and the chaos of is family and go to a program where he knows (due to the coaching staff) that Collins will get good coaching and good leadership and not as many distractions?

I really don't know, we are all speculating at this point. However, just from my point of view, it sounds like maybe, just maybe, if his mom wasn't so heavy handed in this whole thing he may have chosen to not leave?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #2328
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I have no idea what is going on with Collins but maybe he does trust his HS coach more than his family when it comes to making a decision about his future? I'm not saying his HS coach is sqeaky clean, who knows what his angle is? Maybe he just wants Collins to get out of the Miami scene and the hype and the chaos of is family and go to a program where he knows (due to the coaching staff) that Collins will get good coaching and good leadership and not as many distractions?

I really don't know, we are all speculating at this point. However, just from my point of view, it sounds like maybe, just maybe, if his mom wasn't so heavy handed in this whole thing he may have chosen to not leave?
I'm convinced the coach is dirty but I dont care anymore. If he wants to go just go. He is a great back but I don't want the NCAA or the Courts to reverse his choice at this point because it is becoming all an unneeded distraction. Just drop the suit and let Gate wood accept his plum job on the Arky staff for delivering the kid. Its over...I'm ready to let it be. She should do the same. I can tell you this.....if Gate wood stays at the school his kids will get frozen out by the U do he might as well leave.

We will get Sony Michel next year so its not a big deal.

Go Canes!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 02-07-2013 at 04:43 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #2329
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

RIP to legendary Fresno State coach Jim Sweeney. My HS coach played under him.

Go Canes!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #2330
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

NCAA Vice President for Enforcement Julie Roe Lach has been fired in connection with the NCAA's misconduct in the Miami investigation.

We gonna skate. The NCAA made the mistake of ****ing with Donna Shalala.

Big no-no.

The NCAA will excise what it believes is tainted evidence..they will still send out the NOA.... Emmert will order an expedited review by the COI to go thru the motions but everything has been worked out behind the scenes and there will still be a final ruling by the COI because they don't want other schools getting pissed that there is a settlement outside of the normal process....but in effect there is a settlement.

Go Canes!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 02-18-2013 at 11:10 AM..
Old 02-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #2331
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Associate HC and TE coach Mario Cristobal leaves to be the OL coach at Alabama...after 7 weeks on the job after returning to his alma mater.

You're dead to me Fredo.

Go Canes!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #2332
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Ahahaha....Donna just put out a statement blasting the NCAA and basically saying no more sanctions or else. This could get ugly for the NCAA..and b ugly I mean federal bankruptcy court proceedings for abuse of proceedings etc.

She can blast them now...publicly like she did cause were holding all the cards. She has a ton of friends in the administration. From what I can surmise....the threat of a justice dept inquiry could be on the table.

She already destroyed the career of the VP for enforcement. You want to lose your head too Emmert? She has friends all over the Hill. We will break you....drop it or your ****ing head comes off. The finder of fact is going to get arm twisted here. I love it.

Go Canes!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #2333
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Ahahaha....Donna just put out a statement blasting the NCAA and basically saying no more sanctions or else. This could get ugly for the NCAA..and b ugly I mean federal bankruptcy court proceedings for abuse of proceedings etc.

She can blast them now...publicly like she did cause were holding all the cards. She has a ton of friends in the administration. From what I can surmise....the threat of a justice dept inquiry could be on the table.

She already destroyed the career of the VP for enforcement. You want to lose your head too Emmert? She has friends all over the Hill. We will break you....drop it or your ****ing head comes off. The finder of fact is going to get arm twisted here. I love it.

Go Canes!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #2334
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

lol i love it! i wanna see some school stick it to the NCAA cause they're full of ****. they pass over dirty programs and punish who they want.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #2335
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
NCAA Vice President for Enforcement Julie Roe Lach has been fired in connection with the NCAA's misconduct in the Miami investigation.

We gonna skate. The NCAA made the mistake of ****ing with Donna Shalala.

Big no-no.

The NCAA will excise what it believes is tainted evidence..they will still send out the NOA.... Emmert will order an expedited review by the COI to go thru the motions but everything has been worked out behind the scenes and there will still be a final ruling by the COI because they don't want other schools getting pissed that there is a settlement outside of the normal process....but in effect there is a settlement.

You are gonna stake after another multi year bowl ban and scholarship reductions...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #2336
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

NOA is in. Enforcement division still claims LOIC. We will see if COI agrees. Lawsuits are a coming. The NCAA just made a critical PR blunder. I'm told Donna is using all DC contacts now to bring tremendous pressure to bear.

This should be fun. Incidentally from what I hear the eventual expected penalties if any should still be slight...even if the COI agrees with the LOIC charge...and there is precedent for that...BSU.

Go Canes!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 02-19-2013 at 07:23 PM..
Old 02-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #2337
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

North Carolina to the Big 10?
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #2338
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Donna just trashed the NCAA again, in a statement in response to the NOA. I love it. Be careful, Mr. Emmert, you're ****ing with a political Mafioso. Its soon gonna be time for some "legitimate business" (in my best soft, scratchy Sicilian voice).

STATEMENT FROM UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI PRESIDENT DONNA E. SHALALA ON NCAA NOTICE OF ALLEGATIONS

“The University of Miami deeply regrets and takes full responsibility for those NCAA violations that are based on fact and are corroborated by multiple individuals and/or documentation. We have already self-imposed a bowl ban for an unprecedented two-year period, forfeited the opportunity to participate in an ACC championship game, and withheld student-athletes from competition.

"Over the two and a half years since the University of Miami first contacted the NCAA enforcement staff about allegations of rules violations, the NCAA interviewed dozens of witnesses, including current and former Miami employees and student-athletes, and received thousands of requested documents and emails from the University. Yet despite our efforts to aid the investigation, the NCAA acknowledged on February 18, 2013 that it violated its own policies and procedures in an attempt to validate the allegations made by a convicted felon. Many of the allegations included in the Notice of Allegations remain unsubstantiated.

"Now that the Notice of Allegations has been issued, let me provide some context to the investigation itself:

> Many of the charges brought forth are based on the word of a man who made a fortune by lying. The NCAA enforcement staff acknowledged to the University that if Nevin Shapiro, a convicted con man, said something more than once, it considered the allegation “corroborated”—an argument which is both ludicrous and counter to legal practice.

> Most of the sensationalized media accounts of Shapiro’s claims are found nowhere in the Notice of Allegations. Despite their efforts over two and a half years, the NCAA enforcement staff could not find evidence of prostitution, expensive cars for players, expensive dinners paid for by boosters, player bounty payments, rampant alcohol and drug use, or the alleged hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and gifts given to student-athletes, as reported in the media. The fabricated story played well—the facts did not.

> The NCAA enforcement staff failed, even after repeated requests, to interview many essential witnesses of great integrity who could have provided first-hand testimony, including, unbelievably, Paul Dee, who has since passed away, but who served as Miami Athletic Director during many of the years that violations were alleged to have occurred. How could a supposedly thorough and fair investigation not even include the Director of Athletics?

> Finally, we believe the NCAA was responsible for damaging leaks of unsubstantiated allegations over the course of the investigation.

Let me be clear again: for any rule violation—substantiated and proven with facts—that the University, its employees, or student-athletes committed, we have been and should be held accountable. We have worked hard to improve our compliance oversight, and we have already self-imposed harsh sanctions.

We deeply regret any violations, but we have suffered enough.

The University and counsel will work diligently to prepare our official response to the Notice of Allegations and submit it to the Committee on Infractions within the required 90-day time period.

We trust that the Committee on Infractions will provide the fairness and integrity missing during the investigative process.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiam...#storylink=cpy

Go Canes!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #2339
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
Big Ten is going to have a fat TV deal.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #2340
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Awesome.

A couple of our insiders tonight continue to say this is a "well choreographed dance", including the LOIC and the two harsh responses. If thats true, its a hell of an act. They continue to claim its to protect everyone involved and at the end of the day, all will be well, but they need to go thru the motions to make it appear that the process is going as it normally does in these inquiries. One of the guys is a site owner and moderator who had the Kirkland issues first, we'll see if they are right. I know Shalala is extremely powerful politically, so we'll see at the end of this just what she can do. She IS a political mafioso.

Go Canes!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:21 AM   #2341
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Among others...
Old 02-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #2342
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

lol, I hope the U makes the NCAA look like a bunch of turds. Nobody does well when the NCAA comes in and plays their little power struggle games. The players suffer, the school suffers, the fans suffer, the game suffers, etc. I'm all for "following the rules" but why and how the NCAA picks and chooses who and how to punish is just frustrating. It appears the NCAA is trying to punish Miami for doing the right thing, that is, turning themselves in. Why? How will this help anyone? It just leaves everyone more confused IMHO.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #2343
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

The NCAA is on a short leash…

They will be irrelevant in a few years regarding football…

The Big Ten, SEC, Pac 12 and Big 12 will see to that.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #2344
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Big Ten is going to have a fat TV deal.
you mean aside from the guaranteed 20 mil from the B1G network each school already gets? or the projected 30-35 per year from the network mil that is expected from their expansion?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #2345
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
The NCAA is on a short leash…

They will be irrelevant in a few years regarding football…

The Big Ten, SEC, Pac 12 and Big 12 will see to that.
i have more faith in the ACC lasting and being strong than i do the Big 12.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #2346
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i have more faith in the ACC lasting and being strong than i do the Big 12.
The ACC is on very perilous ground....especially as long as ND is not a full member.

Go Canes!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #2347
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
The ACC is on very perilous ground....especially as long as ND is not a full member.
Notre Dame will either join a big boy conference or get left behind. They've played this independent game for far too long.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #2348
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Glad to see ACC Commish John Swofford issue a public statement today supporting the U and calling for a swift resolution of the matter. Nice.

Go Canes!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #2349
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Notre Dame will either join a big boy conference or get left behind. They've played this independent game for far too long.
When you get a $50m a year contract from NBC, you don't need anyone else.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #2350
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_2263...grade-football

college sports
CU Buffs unveil $170 million plan to upgrade football facilities
Posted: 02/20/2013 05:26:13 PM MST
Updated: 02/20/2013 05:33:20 PM MST
By The Denver Post

Read more: CU Buffs unveil $170 million plan to upgrade football facilities -

University of Colorado officials on Wednesday unveiled a $170 million proposal to upgrade the football facilities. The multi-year proposal would rely on $50 million in private donations.

"This plan represents a carefully conceived, strategic investment in our future in the Pac-12 Conference," Colorado athletic director Mike Bohn said in a news release. "It will position us to attract the best student-athletes in the nation. It will improve the performance of our student-athletes on the field and in the classroom, and it will enhance our fan experience."
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote