The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #126
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Most favorite show ever. Will purchase the new episode on Amazon tomorrow for $1.99
I watch them all here.

http://kat.ph/search/the%20walking%20dead/
Old 02-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #127
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
She is taking on some sort of mother role to the baby. Really she could die soon because she is worthless as far as the story goes. But I never read the comics maybe she takes a larger role soon and lives.
in the comic its Carol that takes on a creepy mothering / wanna be wife role with Rick and baby. Wonder how far they take it with beth, if at all.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #128
Bacchus

The word 'zombie' is never said throughout the first season. The zombies are either referred to as "Walkers", "Geeks", "Roamers", "Lamebrains", and to the CDC, "Test Subjects".

Actors who played zombies had to go through zombie school to learn how to walk and move like zombies.

There was a lot of controversy about what Jenner actually said to Rick Grimes just before the survivors left the CDC at the end of season one. In the BluRay edition of TWD season one, if you turn the center channel audio up very high, you can actually hear Jenner say: "It's in your blood. We're all carriers." Rick doesn't divulge this information to the other survivors until the end of season two.

Though we saw Michonne at the end of season two, saving Andrea's life, her actor hadn't even been hired when the episode filmed. Actor Danai Gurira has some pretty big shoes to fill, since Michonne is one of the biggest badasses in the comics.

In the world of The Walking Dead, walkers outnumber the living about 5000 to 1.

Last edited by Bacchus; 02-11-2013 at 06:59 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #129
Bacchus

The name Edwin Jenner, the doctor at the CDC, is a reference to to Edward Jenner who developed the first vaccine (which was for smallpox).

Daryl Dixon, unlikely fan favorite of the show (played by Norman Reedus) uses a specific type of crossbow, a Horton Scout HD 125. This thing retails for about $300.00 (US) and Reedus has said that he takes it home with him after filming.

In an online interview, it was revealed that Frank Darabont envisioned having several self-contained episodes that would not continue the main story. One such episode would have been the season two premiere. It would have involved Sam Witwer (who Darabont used in The Mist and played the tank zombie in the series premiere) as a solider in a Black Hawk Down style Atlanta. Witwer would have encountered several of the cast before being bit and locking himself in the tank.

Last edited by Bacchus; 02-11-2013 at 06:55 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #130
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
You need to watch PBS. Downton Abby is the **** BOOOYYYEEEE! Plus they have the American Experience (which is about Rockefeller this week), Front Line, Nova, Inside Lens, Masterpiece among other stuff like Austin City Limits.

I do enjoy a good HBO series but not enough to pay for HBO, I just wait for the DVD's.
Rep that, PBS is monster good. And speaking of DVDs of shows, Catharine and I love waiting, then ordering 2 or 3 Netflix DVDs at once. Dexter or Nurse Jackie for example, we watch 6-9 episodes each weekend, definitely the way to go. You appreciate the shows more, I now notice that Edie Falco is the best actress on the planet.

Seems unfair to wait a week for 44 minutes of series TV.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #131
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Sometimes stupid people provide the best entertainment.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-11-19-46-16

TV station hacker warns of zombies in Montana

GREAT FALLS, Mont. (AP) -- A Montana television station's regular programming was interrupted by news of a zombie apocalypse.

The Montana Television Network says hackers broke into the Emergency Alert System of Great Falls affiliate KRTV and its CW station Monday.

KRTV says on its website the hackers broadcast that "dead bodies are rising from their graves" in several Montana counties.

The alert claimed the bodies were "attacking the living" and warned people not to "approach or apprehend these bodies as they are extremely dangerous."

The network says there is no emergency and its engineers are investigating.

A call to KRTV was referred to a Montana Television Network executive in Bozeman. Jon Saunders didn't immediately return a call for comment.

The Great Falls Tribune reports the hoax alert generated at least four calls to police to see if it was true.

spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #132
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
You need to watch PBS. Downton Abby is the **** BOOOYYYEEEE!

Plus they have the American Experience (which is about Rockefeller this week), Front Line, Nova, Inside Lens, Masterpiece among other stuff like Austin City Limits.

PBS is what TV should have evolved into, not the lowest common denominator BS.

I do enjoy a good HBO series but not enough to pay for HBO, I just wait for the DVD's.
They killed Sibyl. I can't forgive them for that.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #133
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

How many have downloaded the walking dead XBox game? It could be the best game ever.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #134
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

[QUOTE=Kaylore;3795448]I'm basing my logic off biology. First, Zombies don't drink. Just standing outside, doing nothing at all, you lose water. Your basic motor skills require hydrated muscles to move. Zombies exposed would shrivel up and become immobile in very short order. Second is parasites. I assume that Zombies have no immune system since they are literally rotting as they go. Microbes on your body right now, and in the air, would begin to break down the zombies bodies. The connective tissues would weaken, and with no healing mechanism, the zombies moving would exacerbate the wear and tear.

Logic tells me that the living do not die, then come back as zombies. Nice story trying to convince others using your superior logic lol
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #135
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Lol. Most of these movies/tv shows make absolutely no ****ing sense. If there really was a zombie outbreak, it would be the least intimidating, least scary, and easiest "apocalypse" scenario for an advanced modern military to deal with.

White house orders would probably be to secure all military bases at any cost, if civilians try to break in for weapons, they would get shot on the spot at 50 yards away to prevent any type of "zombie over running" garbage that you see in the movies.

Places would get cut off, quarantined, entire population centers would be neutralized or at the very least anyone trying to leave said population centers would get shot at a distance to prevent "spreading".

The #1 thing i would be afraid of as a civilian in a zombie apocalypse aint some stupid brainless monster, its the US military bombing every inch of the infested location clean in 1 hour. You think people are so ****ing stupid as to react to a giant infestation that spreads through wounds, blood, water, or air, as to send Search and Rescue teams and risk lives?

LMAO. No. Not in that situation, in that situation, the place gets bombed flat, like nuclear, like ASAP. See what they did with the SARS virus in China? If there is even a chance that you as a human being might be infected with something that spreads rapidly, you will be treated as cattle, PERIOD. And if it makes you a risk to the lives of others, you will be shot or bombed instantly.

Therefore, I'd find a basement/bomb shelter, ****ing fast, when the entire city is rubble and everyone's dead, they'll probably come in for the actual search and rescue with orders that aren't STK on site.

Last edited by Willynowei; 02-18-2013 at 11:36 PM..
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #136
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

Watched last night's episode and couldn't help to think that a 16 episode season is too long - things are just dragging on. And they have to get rid of Rick crawling all over the prison grounds like Margot Kidder. Bring on more Tyrese already - or at least his hot sidekick, she's smokin!
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #137
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

They are definitely dragging it on and milking it for all its worth. Rick should have his hand cut off by now.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #138
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
Lol. Most of these movies/tv shows make absolutely no ****ing sense. If there really was a zombie outbreak, it would be the least intimidating, least scary, and easiest "apocalypse" scenario for an advanced modern military to deal with.

White house orders would probably be to secure all military bases at any cost, if civilians try to break in for weapons, they would get shot on the spot at 50 yards away to prevent any type of "zombie over running" garbage that you see in the movies.

Places would get cut off, quarantined, entire population centers would be neutralized or at the very least anyone trying to leave said population centers would get shot at a distance to prevent "spreading".

The #1 thing i would be afraid of as a civilian in a zombie apocalypse aint some stupid brainless monster, its the US military bombing every inch of the infested location clean in 1 hour. You think people are so ****ing stupid as to react to a giant infestation that spreads through wounds, blood, water, or air, as to send Search and Rescue teams and risk lives?

LMAO. No. Not in that situation, in that situation, the place gets bombed flat, like nuclear, like ASAP. See what they did with the SARS virus in China? If there is even a chance that you as a human being might be infected with something that spreads rapidly, you will be treated as cattle, PERIOD. And if it makes you a risk to the lives of others, you will be shot or bombed instantly.

Therefore, I'd find a basement/bomb shelter, ****ing fast, when the entire city is rubble and everyone's dead, they'll probably come in for the actual search and rescue with orders that aren't STK on site.
In the walking dead everyone is infected. You can't quarantine something like that.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #139
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

I thought the first two episodes of the restarted season are pretty weak. Almost 30 minutes into this recent episode and there had not been a zombie yet? WTF is that? Then the bridge scene just seemed put in there for fun.

All that whining set aside, the last scene was pretty creative with the zombie bomb going into the prison. Any thoughts on who the zombie rig driver was and why it looked like they had a gas mask on? I also couldn't quite follow if the driver of the zombie vehicle survived the shootout?
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #140
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
I thought the first two episodes of the restarted season are pretty weak. Almost 30 minutes into this recent episode and there had not been a zombie yet? WTF is that? Then the bridge scene just seemed put in there for fun.

All that whining set aside, the last scene was pretty creative with the zombie bomb going into the prison. Any thoughts on who the zombie rig driver was and why it looked like they had a gas mask on? I also couldn't quite follow if the driver of the zombie vehicle survived the shootout?
That is what I am wondering too. I didn't think that the driver of the vehicle was ever shot/killed in the shootout and perhaps may have gotten into the prison? That is the only part that got me excited through the whole episode. The rest of it was blah.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #141
Johnykbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
I'll the whole third season over the Dawson's Creek Meets The Walking Dead that was the second and the last part of the first season.

But the whole time I'm watching after they crashed the gate I'm screaming that they obviously have a working vehicle so why not plug the gate? It was ridiculous to just stand there and watch the yard fill up.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #142
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'm pissed that they got rid of Tyreece so quickly. He's a really cool character in the comics and should have been heavily involved by now. And the whole "Rick is crazy" feels like a way to fill episodes and simultaneously ruin the characters in the process.

I loved the Talking Dead episode afterwards, though. "Why can't Carol have nice things?"

And I have no idea who the chick driving the zombie bomb was, but I am sure it was a woman.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #143
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm pissed that they got rid of Tyreece so quickly. He's a really cool character in the comics and should have been heavily involved by now. And the whole "Rick is crazy" feels like a way to fill episodes and simultaneously ruin the characters in the process.

I loved the Talking Dead episode afterwards, though. "Why can't Carol have nice things?"

And I have no idea who the chick driving the zombie bomb was, but I am sure it was a woman.
I'm thinking its Lilly.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #144
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

They needed someone who drives like **** and runs into things. Obviously it was a women. They probably told her to put some makeup on before going to the fence. That way it was a guaranteed "accident" of ramming the gate.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #145
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

They didn't get rid of Tyrese. He will be back and become a big part of the group. I just think that Rick will have to be a little more in need before he comes back.

In the comics he becomes a leader of the group. I'm sure he will be some sort of leader in the series as well.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #146
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
They needed someone who drives like **** and runs into things. Obviously it was a women. They probably told her to put some makeup on before going to the fence. That way it was a guaranteed "accident" of ramming the gate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
They didn't get rid of Tyrese. He will be back and become a big part of the group. I just think that Rick will have to be a little more in need before he comes back.

In the comics he becomes a leader of the group. I'm sure he will be some sort of leader in the series as well.
I hope so. I like him because he's a football player, so it's my two nerd universes colliding in awesome ways. I like to pretend he's Trevor Pryce.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:43 AM   #147
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

Daryl is a bad-ass, they would all die without him(cue the Deliverance theme)
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #148
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I hope so. I like him because he's a football player, so it's my two nerd universes colliding in awesome ways. I like to pretend he's Trevor Pryce.
Lol... I was thinking more about Terry Tate!

Last edited by Heyneck; 02-20-2013 at 11:28 AM..
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #149
Bacchus

Quote:

That is what the show is missing. A Lyle Alzado, John Matuzak steroid/biker infused rage while killing zombies!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #150
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Episode when Carl gets his face blasted is going to be hilarious.