The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default 2013 Defensive Tackle class

Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Height: 6-4. Weight: 325.
Projected 40 Time: 5.15.
Projected Round (2013): Top-10.


Johnathan Hankins*, DT, Ohio State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 325.
Projected 40 Time: 5.18.
Projected Round (2013): Top-20.
.
Sheldon Richardson*, DT, Missouri
Height: 6-4. Weight: 295.
Projected 40 Time: 5.17.
Projected Round (2013): Top-25.
.
Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia
Height: 6-3. Weight: 359. Arm: 33 1/8. Hand: 9 1/2
Projected 40 Time: 5.25.
Projected Round (2013): 1.


Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
Height: 6-3. Weight: 308. Arm: 33 3/4. Hand: 9 1/2.
Projected 40 Time: 5.05.
Projected Round (2013): 1.

Sharrif Floyd*, DT, Florida
Height: 6-3. Weight: 301.
Projected 40 Time: 4.98.
Projected Round (2013): 1-2.


Bennie Logan*, DT, LSU
Height: 6-3. Weight: 287.
Projected 40 Time: 4.95.
Projected Round (2013): 1-2.

Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
Height: 6-3. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.19.
Projected Round (2013): 1-3.

Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
Height: 6-4. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.35.
Projected Round (2013): 2-3.

Jordan Hill, DT, Penn State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 294. Arm: 32 1/8. Hand: 10.
Projected 40 Time: 5.05.
Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

Akeem Spence*, DT, Illinois
Height: 6-1. Weight: 305.
Projected 40 Time: 5.23.
Projected Round (2013): 3-5.

Kwame Geathers*, DT, Georgia
Height: 6-6. Weight: 350.
Projected 40 Time: 5.55.
Projected Round (2013): 3-5.

Josh Boyd, DT, Mississippi State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 300.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2012): 4-6.

Link: http://walterfootball.com/draft2013DT.php

Last edited by Archer81; 03-04-2013 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: Link can provide summary info
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Damion Square, DT, Alabama
Height: 6-3. Weight: 286.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2013): 4-6.


Baker Steinkuhler, DT/DE, Nebraska
Height: 6-6. Weight: 290.
Projected 40 Time: 4.92.
Projected Round (2013): 4-6.


Corey Grissom, DT, South Florida
Height: 6-1. Weight: 313. Arm: 32 1/2. Hand: 9 1/8.
Projected 40 Time: 4.87.
Projected Round (2012): 5-6.


Joe Vellano, DT, Maryland
Height: 6-1. Weight: 285.
Projected 40 Time: 5.03.
Projected Round (2013): 5-6.

.
A.J. Francis, DT, Maryland
Height: 6-3. Weight: 305.
Projected 40 Time: 5.03.
Projected Round (2013): 5-6.


Montori Hughes, DT, Tennessee-Martin
Height: 6-4. Weight: 327.
Projected 40 Time: 5.35.
Projected Round (2012): 5-7.


Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
Height: 6-1. Weight: 341. Arm: 32 3/4. Hand: 9 5/8.
Projected 40 Time: 5.27.
Projected Round (2012): 5-7.


Larry Black, Jr., DT, Indiana
Height: 6-2. Weight: 309.
Projected 40 Time: 5.55.
Projected Round (2013): 5-7.


Omar Hunter, DT, Florida
Height: 6-2. Weight: 290.
Projected 40 Time: 4.93.
Projected Round (2013): 6-7.


Everett Dawkins, DT, Florida State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 304.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2012): 6-FA.


Darrington Sentimore, DT, Tennessee
Height: 6-2. Weight: 288.
Projected 40 Time: 5.03.
Projected Round (2012): 6-FA.


Brandon Moore, DT, Texas
Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.37.
Projected Round (2012): 6-FA.


Aaron Tipoti, DT, California
Height: 6-2. Weight: 274.
Projected 40 Time: 4.99.
Projected Round (2013): 7-FA.


T.J. Barnes, DT, Georgia Tech
Height: 6-7. Weight: 333.
Projected 40 Time: 5.45.
Projected Round (2013): 7-FA.


Jose Jose, DT, Central Florida
Height: 6-2. Weight: 345.
Projected 40 Time: 5.40.
Projected Round (2012): FA.

Link: http://walterfootball.com/draft2013DT.php

Last edited by Archer81; 03-04-2013 at 10:50 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,808
Default

i want Floyd and no other DT shall satisfy me.
he would be epic next to Wolfe at DT, plus like Wolfe he can flex out to DE.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i want Floyd and no other DT shall satisfy me.
he would be epic next to Wolfe at DT, plus like Wolfe he can flex out to DE.
That is who I want as well. I thought he was bigger than 301 lbs though. Maybe i read that he could get bigger. 320 sticks in my mind though.

A legitimate 7-8 DTs that could go in the first round.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Brandon Williams in the 5-7 range.. Yes please!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Brandon Williams and T.J. Barnes are going to go higher than that.

Bacchus, if you take something from WalterFootball.com -- you should at least link to it. You can't copy and paste full stuff like that on the site, per TJ's rules.

Not trying to get after you, just lettin' you know.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Richardson is my guy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That is who I want as well. I thought he was bigger than 301 lbs though. Maybe i read that he could get bigger. 320 sticks in my mind though.

A legitimate 7-8 DTs that could go in the first round.
no, he's been bigger than that in the past but slimmed down to play DE(which he did 2 seasons ago) and they moved him back to DT this season after it finally dawned on the coaching staff that he's best at DT.

305-310 lbs would be his ideal weight for the type of DT that he is.
plus it would allow him to remain a flex type to get out at DE on some downs and really be flexible.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,085

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Kawann Short is going to be a really solid player for someone, he is a good fit in the 4-3 and can play either DT position.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Richardson is my guy.
i like him but i think he will go higher than our pick and he's not a guy i would trade up for.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Wow, this guy is a load!!

Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia
Height: 6-3. Weight: 359. Arm: 33 1/8. Hand: 9 1/2.
Projected 40 Time: 5.25.
Projected Round (2013): 1.

2/1/13: Jenkins racked up 50 tackles, two tackles for a loss and a sack in 2012. He stood out with good games against Missouri, South Carolina, Florida and Auburn. Jenkins played well in the SEC Championship and beat Alabama guard Chance Warmack for a sack.

Jenkins is a load at the line of scrimmage who can collapse the pocket while stuffing runs. He helped his stock this season and was dominant at the Senior Bowl. Jenkins was destroying interior linemen with his bull rush and showed some serious explosiveness off the snap. It isn't out of the question for Jenkins to be mid first-rounder.

8/25/12: The junior college product Jenkins showed off massive size with some surprising athleticism in his debut last year for the Bulldogs. The junior had 28 with six tackles for a loss and three sacks.

Jenkins is a massive load at the line of scrimmage. He is a natural fit as a zero-technique nose tackle in a 3-4 defense. It helps that Jenkins already plays that position for Georgia.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Brandon Williams and T.J. Barnes are going to go higher than that.

Bacchus, if you take something from WalterFootball.com -- you should at least link to it. You can't copy and paste full stuff like that on the site, per TJ's rules.

Not trying to get after you, just lettin' you know.
oh I forgot. You know I had to go in there and bold everything for you lazy ****ers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #13
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i want Floyd and no other DT shall satisfy me.
he would be epic next to Wolfe at DT, plus like Wolfe he can flex out to DE.
Floyd would be awesome, but Walter has him seriously underrated. A lot of people have him going in the Top 15 now and an article from NFP stated that around 10 personnel people in the NFL believe that and some feel he could even go Top 10. Some think he can be as good as Warren Sapp. That is high praise. He has two-gapping experience, but he is a premier UT in the NFL as a 3-tech rushing the passer. The same goes for Short, who is probably my favorite player in the draft.

Nobody can be for sure who the Broncos like or who they will choose, but I have a feeling they will go after some big-bodied players or those who have had NT experience in college that translates well into what we do here. A few names of middle to late round guys who would could work here in our rotation:

Corey Grissom, Brandon Williams, Omar Hunter (Gators NT, Floyd's teammate), Kwame Geathers and T.J. Barnes. I have concerns about the conditioning of the last two, but I think these guys would be good fits here. Obviously I want a high impact guy, but we will probably ignore drafting a DT at one of the best drafts for it all-time.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Lots to choose from. The Broncos should be able to walk away from this draft with at least one solid rotational DT. If they get a quality MLB and DT in this draft, and maybe a quality RB too, I'd be very happy with the draft.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #15
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i like him but i think he will go higher than our pick and he's not a guy i would trade up for.
Yeah, he stands a very good chance of soaring after the combine. He's a ridiculous athlete for his size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #16
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Yeah, he stands a very good chance of soaring after the combine. He's a ridiculous athlete for his size.
We shall see how he looks on MONDAY

I can not wait, INDY is frigid and very awful weather wise right now, but its going to be nice for when the players arrive starting tomorrow with ST's and QB's.

This is the deepest DT draft in years, with some HUGE NT's available that can actually play football, not just be large Cones for OL to toss around. DE/OLB is not poor either. It's a Defensive smorgasbord
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #17
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
We shall see how he looks on MONDAY

I can not wait, INDY is frigid and very awful weather wise right now, but its going to be nice for when the players arrive starting tomorrow with ST's and QB's.

This is the deepest DT draft in years, with some HUGE NT's available that can actually play football, not just be large Cones for OL to toss around. DE/OLB is not poor either. It's a Defensive smorgasbord
So Mediator, who do you like for the Broncos first pick? Who do you like for their 3rd to 4th round pick at DT.

Here is Walter Football's big board which looks a lot different than their DT list. Looks like Floyd moved up to the 16th best player out of Denver's range I imagine.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013bigboard.php

Last edited by Bacchus; 02-19-2013 at 01:09 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #18
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
So Mediator, who do you like for the Broncos first pick? Who do you like for their 3rd to 4th round pick at DT.

Here is Walter Football's big board which looks a lot different than their DT list. Looks like Floyd moved up to the 16th best player out of Denver's range I imagine.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013bigboard.php
Not sure yet, boards are absolutely worthless until postcombine. I have ideas on the players, just not the values yet. As for the middle round guys, I have some I really like and will share once they get drafted in the OM draft
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Secrets don't make friends, Med.

Understood though.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #20
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

There's a non early round DT that I am incredibly high on.. When do we draft again?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #21
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
There's a non early round DT that I am incredibly high on.. When do we draft again?
As soon as the Combine is done. Then we will go through the first three rounds and then freeze the draft until the compensatory selections are announced at the owners meeting in March. I'm glad you're participating. You are going to have a fun time. What team are you drafting for?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #22
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post


As soon as the Combine is done. Then we will go through the first three rounds and then freeze the draft until the compensatory selections are announced at the owners meeting in March. I'm glad you're participating. You are going to have a fun time. What team are you drafting for?
Thank you bro! Baltimore Ravens.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #23
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Thank you bro! Baltimore Ravens.
Your new nickname is Ozzie Newsome.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #24
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,644

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

Forget wishing for Floyd, He is going to be long gone halfway through the 1st round. I think that once again, Denver will pass on a top DT in this draft like they have the last number of drafts. I am sure a number of posters are going to be throwing things at their TV's and other will be scratching their heads when Denver's pick is announced.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #25
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Floyd would be awesome, but Walter has him seriously underrated. A lot of people have him going in the Top 15 now and an article from NFP stated that around 10 personnel people in the NFL believe that and some feel he could even go Top 10. Some think he can be as good as Warren Sapp. That is high praise. He has two-gapping experience, but he is a premier UT in the NFL as a 3-tech rushing the passer. The same goes for Short, who is probably my favorite player in the draft.

Nobody can be for sure who the Broncos like or who they will choose, but I have a feeling they will go after some big-bodied players or those who have had NT experience in college that translates well into what we do here. A few names of middle to late round guys who would could work here in our rotation:

Corey Grissom, Brandon Williams, Omar Hunter (Gators NT, Floyd's teammate), Kwame Geathers and T.J. Barnes. I have concerns about the conditioning of the last two, but I think these guys would be good fits here. Obviously I want a high impact guy, but we will probably ignore drafting a DT at one of the best drafts for it all-time.
i wouldn't say he has him underrated. he's projected about right before the combine. he was a 2nd or 3rd before the last 6-7 weeks of the season. and the bowl game vs Louisville really propelled him further up boards.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Denver Broncos