The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default NFL to add aptitude test to the Wonderlic at this year’s scouting combine

At this year's combine we will introduce a new and expanded player assessment tool designed to offer a much more robust and comprehensive assessment of a player's non-physical capabilities, aptitudes, and strengths. This tool was developed by Harold Goldstein, Professor of Industrial/Organizational Psychology at Baruch College, City University of NY. Professor Goldstein is an expert in industrial psychology who has designed employment tests in a variety of other industries and has worked closely with Cyrus Mehri of the Fritz Pollard Alliance.
The assessment tool being introduced at the Combine is not intended to displace anything currently in use or substitute for other tests that are given either at the Combine or by the clubs themselves. Rather, this new test measures a wide range of competencies, including learning styles, motivation, decision-making skills, responding to pressure or unexpected stimuli, and core intellect. It was developed after detailed discussions with current and former league executives, including Ernie Accorsi, Thomas Dimitroff, John Elway, and Jerry Reese, and was reviewed by members of the general managers Advisory Committee.
This is an exciting innovation that brings updated best practices from corporate America to the NFL football operations. By giving clubs new and more relevant information, it offers additional information to supplement your decision-making in the draft. One of the most interesting aspects is that new information on player learning styles can potentially help our coaches' work more effectively with young players.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8236--nfl.html

It is cool to see Elway involved in the process.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

I think this is great. I always thought the wonderlic was a bit simplistic.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
Bacchus

oh great more brain tests
Old 02-18-2013, 01:43 AM   #4
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
industrial psychology
this is the most grotesque thing. I hope you've a nice mound of cash, doctor.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 AM   #5
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Glad to see this happening.

However a good deal of these college grads are gonna fubar it as most a mental midgets.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #6
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

This is a tremendous step, albeit it will not correct one thing about the whole Mental evaluation process. I have used this new assessment tool in the past, and while updated for workplace behavior cognition, it still measures anything but football intelligence.

For a look at the future of cognitive development in the football and sports arena check out this website:

https://www.axonsports.com/potential/athletic_brain.cfm

Players who train at API in ARI for the combine already participate in this program. The full version is position specific cognitive skills. SO, keys to read and play recognition for MLB, coverage recognition for WR, Pre-snap blitz and coverage recognition for QB's etc.

There is an Apple app from Axon on how to train the QB position. Its free and I suggest some OM'ers look into it. I met the President Jason Sada at a convention a month ago and got to see the full version demonstrated with other positions outside QB. The Defensive stuff was really helpful in mental training. I sent a copy to Rahim Moore
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote