The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #526
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i will throw up if we deal him to the Pens. they don't have what we need.
we need a good young roster player, a top prospect and a pick.
the Pens picks suck, the moveable roster guys are mostly older or not a top 6 potential type. the prospects they have aren't exactly the best.
Bennett is solid but him alone won't get O'Reilly.
Actually our defensive prospects are the cream of the crop. There is a ton of talent there. Despres and Morrow aren't going anywhere. They might give up one of Dumoulin or Harrington....although they need those guys as we have too many puck overs and not enough real defenseman. Pouliot isn't going anywhere....they could part with Maata tho. Burtuzzo might get moved even tho he has been a pleasant surprise but there is too much talent in the system coming up so he could be holding the bag.

I would prefer to keep all those guys...our D will be lights out pretty soon.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #527
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
haha fair enough.

So it sucks that I never could send you that Shanahan jacket, maybe next year
We will have dinner in Canton when Shanny is inducted.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #528
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
You think the Avs would do a Filip Forsberg and pick type deal? It would essentially end up being Varlamov, Forsberg, pick for O'reilly lol.

There was a deal of Marcus Johansson and Michal Neuvirth for Luongo and Raymond but Leonsis doesn't want that Luongo contract. I say do it and figure it out later with the amnesty thing coming into play this offseason.

Caps would look much better with O'Reilly in the top 6, Laich returning and Luongo in net.

None of it is going to happen probably, but I would pull the trigger on those deals if I was the caps. Hate to give up Forsberg but Sherman can save face on that trade, even though I didn't think it was THAT bad. Varlamov was always the best of the Holtby, Neuvirth, himself trio.

edit: I guess if the avs are looking for NHL ready talent maybe they go for Forsberg/Brooks Laich (a little steep) or Forsberg/Marcus Johansson

re: Luongo, Vancouver was also willing to eat some of the salary. Seems like a no brainer to me given the crap goaltending in DC. I would have pulled the trigger.
i'd be cool with that. another Forsberg for the Avs would be awesome.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #529
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Actually our defensive prospects are the cream of the crop. There is a ton of talent there. Despres and Morrow aren't going anywhere. They might give up one of Dumoulin or Harrington....although they need those guys as we have too many puck overs and not enough real defenseman. Pouliot isn't going anywhere....they could part with Maata tho. Burtuzzo might get moved even tho he has been a pleasant surprise but there is too much talent in the system coming up so he could be holding the bag.

I would prefer to keep all those guys...our D will be lights out pretty soon.
most of your defensive guys are offensive power play QBing types. the Avs already have that in Elliot,Barrie and Chouinard. we need a defensive ace type who is physically imposing and can help out on O.
the Pens top guys aren't that.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #530
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
You don't know my history with Ray MF Finkle. We live to needle each other about various things. It's always in good fun. I'm a huge fan of Ray Finkle and I enjoy getting under his skin...and he does the same back.

True, it started when you mistakenly posted a picture of you, Geno, and Swan Dive at the Blue Oyster.....

or maybe it was when we found we both had no clue what Mock was saying half the time. I miss that goofy bastard.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #531
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I love that Minnesota sucks big hairy monkeynuts.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #532
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
So do I. Parise can lick my bag.

Devils need a win tonight. Throw the records out when the Flyers come to town.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #533
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
no doubt...that might have been the least physical team the avs have played against this year.

and welcome back Matt Duchene!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #534
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
You think the Avs would do a Filip Forsberg and pick type deal? It would essentially end up being Varlamov, Forsberg, pick for O'reilly lol.

There was a deal of Marcus Johansson and Michal Neuvirth for Luongo and Raymond but Leonsis doesn't want that Luongo contract. I say do it and figure it out later with the amnesty thing coming into play this offseason.

Caps would look much better with O'Reilly in the top 6, Laich returning and Luongo in net.

None of it is going to happen probably, but I would pull the trigger on those deals if I was the caps. Hate to give up Forsberg but Sherman can save face on that trade, even though I didn't think it was THAT bad. Varlamov was always the best of the Holtby, Neuvirth, himself trio.

edit: I guess if the avs are looking for NHL ready talent maybe they go for Forsberg/Brooks Laich (a little steep) or Forsberg/Marcus Johansson

re: Luongo, Vancouver was also willing to eat some of the salary. Seems like a no brainer to me given the crap goaltending in DC. I would have pulled the trigger.
Those trades are absolutely brutal for the Caps, and I'm not even big fans of either MoJo or Laich. O'Reilly isn't worth Forsberg (or Kuznetsov for that matter) straight up, let alone Forberg + when you factor in current contracts, O'Reilly's demands, and the length of time the Caps control any of the 3 players you mentioned.

And I don't believe for a second that the Caps turned down a Luongo/Raymond deal for only Mojo/Neuwirth especially with the Canucks agreeing to eat some of the contract.

Last edited by Hercules Rockefeller; 02-15-2013 at 08:39 AM..
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #535
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Those trades are absolutely brutal for the Caps, and I'm not even big fans of either MoJo or Laich. O'Reilly isn't worth Forsberg (or Kuznetsov for that matter) straight up, let alone Forberg + when you factor in current contracts, O'Reilly's demands, and the length of time the Caps control any of the 3 players you mentioned.

And I don't believe for a second that the Caps turned down a Luongo/Raymond deal for only Mojo/Neuwirth especially with the Canucks agreeing to eat some of the contract.
I do agree the o'reilly deals are overpayment I was just spitballing.

As for luongo deal; I heard it from pretty reputable source who called the hannan/flash trade before it happened and Dale hunter hiring/ Boudreau firing.

Take it fwiw, gillis was in dc. Leonsis shot down because he didn't want to take on the contract. He's pissed with ovie and backstrom and doesn't want to give out anymore long term deals. He has become a huge cheap ass.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #536
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
True, it started when you mistakenly posted a picture of you, Geno, and Swan Dive at the Blue Oyster.....

or maybe it was when we found we both had no clue what Mock was saying half the time. I miss that goofy bastard.
Lol.....I'm just glad you didn't repeat that story of Mario Kevin Stevens and myself doing coke at a table at the Blue Oyster......and Barrasso was the table. Good times back in 93.

I miss Mock too. Dude called the Matteau wrap around at the intermission... props.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #537
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Lol.....I'm just glad you didn't repeat that story of Mario Kevin Stevens and myself doing coke at a table at the Blue Oyster......and Barrasso was the table. Good times back in 93.

I miss Mock too. Dude called the Matteau wrap around at the intermission... props.
that was a gem.....

Mock called the Ducks winning the cup....in 85....
Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #538
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Flower stood on his head tonight. Liked what I saw,from Bennett for the most part.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #539
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Flower stood on his head tonight. Liked what I saw,from Bennett for the most part.
Flower is used to standing on his head....makes he's rear easier a target for the guys in the locker room.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #540
Baba Booey

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I was worried after the first last night - then I remembered that they were facing Bryzgalov.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #541
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
most of your defensive guys are offensive power play QBing types. the Avs already have that in Elliot,Barrie and Chouinard. we need a defensive ace type who is physically imposing and can help out on O.
the Pens top guys aren't that.
I'd take James Neal for O'Reilly straight up. Avs don't need anymore prospects. As long as we don't give him away like we did Tanguay, Drury, Liles etc I'll be happy.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #542
Baba Booey

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Why would Pittsburgh ever do that?
Old 02-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #543
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I'd take James Neal for O'Reilly straight up. Avs don't need anymore prospects. As long as we don't give him away like we did Tanguay, Drury, Liles etc I'll be happy.
Lulz. Neal is part of the core...he isn't going anywhere.

Looks like Shero is actually looking at MIN rather than COL as a trade partner now.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #544
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Lulz. Neal is part of the core...he isn't going anywhere.

Looks like Shero is actually looking at MIN rather than COL as a trade partner now.
Just saying I don't want to get dicked over on another trade. Other than the Eric Johnson trade I can't remember many trades in the last 10 years roughly that the Avs have come out winners or even on. I don't know anyone outside of O'Reilly the Pens would want that they don't already have?

Last edited by maher_tyler; 02-16-2013 at 08:48 PM..
Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #545
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Ooof..avs suck.

Obrien and obyrne have got to go
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #546
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Just saying I don't want to get dicked over on another trade. Other than the Eric Johnson trade I can't remember many trades in the last 10 years roughly that the Avs have come out winners or even on. I don't know anyone outside of O'Reilly the Pens would want that they don't already have?
Varlamov trade, overpayment then, straight up theft now,
McGinn trade, we got McGinn plus two prospects, one of which is gonna be a beast(Sgarbossa)
Steve Downie trade, used Quincey(Quincey was part of the Smyth salary dump trade) to get him.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #547
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Ooof..avs suck.

but Sacco loves them, because they're grinders. so he continues to play them above their station.
Barrie and Elliot need to be playing and getting experience, if they screw up then so be it but we need to develop them instead of continuously shoveling crap on the ice and calling it defense.
EJ is getting ****ed over royally and then fans expect him to be some kind of freakish 50 pt scoring shut down D man. how? the man is handicapped every night.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #548
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Tyler Kennedy, Bortuzzo and a 3rd for O'reilly.

Git R done, Ray.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:00 AM   #549
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Varlamov trade, overpayment then, straight up theft now,
McGinn trade, we got McGinn plus two prospects, one of which is gonna be a beast(Sgarbossa)
Steve Downie trade, used Quincey(Quincey was part of the Smyth salary dump trade) to get him.
Doesn't make up for the Liles trade, letter Fleisman go, letting Mueller go, same with Lappy when he was here. Now this issue with O'Reilly. How can you justify paying Jones(in with a killer 2 points and -9 in 11 games so far)$4M and not paying a much better player at least the same? Jones is ridiculously over paid! His best season ever was a insane 45 points. O'Reilly leads the team in points with 55 and is only 22 years old. Not to mention a beast on the PK. Great team guy. The guy has worked his ass off.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #550
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Ooof..avs suck.

The guys at Altitude are such homers they actually think O'Brien is a good dman. Not Kyle Keefe but the other guy said he thinks he's a good dman and is going to stick around for quite awhile. I almost wonder if Sacco doesn't give a ****, how could he pair those two together? It's twiddle dee(O'Brien)and twiddle dumb(O'Bryne). Guess whos #3 and #4 on the Avs in penalty minutes? One of them only 10 minutes behind the guy that seems to get in a fight every game in Mcleod. Worst D in the league over all. Not one defenseman has a goal.