The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #76
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I know that when I am in a quandary regarding a modern issue of ethics, morality and values, I turn to the primitive desert peoples of 2,000 years ago for guidance. I mean, what other option do we have?
Personally I prefer the flavor of the moment that bends to my whimsy no harm in that.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #77
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
Personally I prefer the flavor of the moment that bends to my whimsy no harm in that.
I prefer using my own ability to reason based on education, logic and knowledge of science, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #78
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

"Christians" who oppose homosexuality because of "what the Bible says" are ridiculous. There are plenty of things the bible says you should and shouldn't do that no one else pays any attention to.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1327701.html

Also, as far as I know, Jesus himself never says ANYTHING about homosexuality in the bible so if you're a follower of Christ, I wouldn't be so strong in your opinion when it comes to homosexuality.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #79
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
When is that due? Everytime I hide in the shipping container bunker buried in the back yard for a week or 2 to see if the 2nd comming is over it turns out nothing happened.
Nobody knows but God Himself.....

I'm thinking someone who said he can't wait for prepubesecent girls to come over for a sleepover should be more worried than you are....but then again He did give us free will.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #80
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post

Also, as far as I know, Jesus himself never says ANYTHING about homosexuality in the bible so if you're a follower of Christ, I wouldn't be so strong in your opinion when it comes to homosexuality.
Jesus is the Son of God......it's the Holy Trinity....you know the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost....they're one and the same dude.

If you like engaging in homosexual activities, feel free....He gave us all free will.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #81
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
In the meantime, they'll/you'll do the judging and condemning, just in case God isn't paying attention. Right, got it.
It's not my judgement you clowns need to be worried about.....I don't believe in abortion, but I've never once thought of bombing a clinic that performs them.....just because I think homosexuality is a crap lifestyle doesn't mean I'm out shooting them for fun, or telling them "we don't serve your kind in here"

God is always paying attention, and He will judge mankind.....I just try to do my best to make sure I'm not one of those He condemns to an eternity of pain and suffering. Again, He gave us all free will....we can choose to believe or not.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #82
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
All sex outside of marriage is a sin. Does not matter if its between a hetero couple or a gay couple.
Exactly....pastors and preachers all speak out against adultery and fornication as well.....but somehow those sermons never seem to make it to the mainstream media outlets.

God will pass judgement on everyone, not just gay people.....He will judge people who judge others (myself included) people who lie, people who steal, murder, covet their neighbor's possessions and wife, people who worship false idols, etc.....nobody knows when that day will come, but when it does, and you haven't repented and asked for His forgiveness, there will be Hell to pay.

I choose to believe this...others choose not to...guess we'll see if it happens in our lifetime.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #83
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Jesus is the Son of God......it's the Holy Trinity....you know the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost....they're one and the same dude.

If you like engaging in homosexual activities, feel free....He gave us all free will.
Something we can agree with, still doesn't mean I want gay guys hitting on me but to each their own if you want to bone a dude or own a gun. Just don't infringe on my liberties.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #84
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
And people love to pick and choose which bible verses to quote and obey based upon their personal moral compass.
I agree! You can't pick and choose which part of the Bible you are going to follow and which part you are going to ignore. Both religious zealots and those who hate the Bible do the same thing. What you did is an exact sample of taking the Bible out of context to fit an agenda.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #85
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

OH. That explains it. See, I knew I was missing something. A GHOST. ****, my bad. I always forget the GHOSTS.

Homosexuality is bad because GHOSTS.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #86
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
I prefer using my own ability to reason based on education, logic and knowledge of science, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
We are saying the same thing. Its nice to set your own rules you always win. Congrats on life.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #87
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
"Christians" who oppose homosexuality because of "what the Bible says" are ridiculous. There are plenty of things the bible says you should and shouldn't do that no one else pays any attention to.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1327701.html

Jesus whoever lusts has already sinned. Bar raised.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #88
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I usually just pour some bodily fluids on a hot griddle and scry for meaning in the bubbles.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #89
jerseyboiler120

I always find it purely hypocritical when liberals bash anyone who does not support their beliefs. This used to be a free country where one could express oneself; now you can only express ideas and beliefs that fall within certain categories supported by the mainstream media. It's become a sad place to live now.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #90
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Attachment 32084

and so does Tebow, in a self-loathing way (if you know what I mean. and what I mean is there is a chance Tebow likes the cock, but may not know it yet)

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-18-2013 at 06:23 PM..
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #91
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
I always find it purely hypocritical when liberals bash anyone who does not support their beliefs. This used to be a free country where one could express oneself; now you can only express ideas and beliefs that fall within certain categories supported by the mainstream media. It's become a sad place to live now.
You need a progressive exorcism. The power of the Piss Christ compels you.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #92
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
People who hate on gays, etc. should be bashed.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #93
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
I agree! You can't pick and choose which part of the Bible you are going to follow and which part you are going to ignore. Both religious zealots and those who hate the Bible do the same thing. What you did is an exact sample of taking the Bible out of context to fit an agenda.
I quoted verse. ANYONE quoting verse would, by its nature, be taking it out of context. If I do it, I have an agenda, if you do it.....it's preaching gospel?

My point was simple. Why are some 'practices' like slavery ignored, but from exactly the same source, homosexuality a sin?
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #94
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
We don't give a **** what you believe until you start demanding other humans deserve less rights than you.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #95
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I quoted verse. ANYONE quoting verse would, by its nature, be taking it out of context. If I do it, I have an agenda, if you do it.....it's preaching gospel?

My point was simple. Why are some 'practices' like slavery ignored, but from exactly the same source, homosexuality a sin?
You are taking a few verses out of the Bible and saying "see, the Bible says slavery is good, see!!" and the Bible does no such thing. It's like me taking one line out of a book, for example, Webster's Dictionary, flip to a page with a word like "Torture", read one line of the definition like "to cause extreme physical or mental pain." and to say "see, this book advocates torture!" Because, look right here on page 1502, it says "to cause extreme physical or mental pain"! So, Webster's Dictionary is ok with this, see!

Nope, it's taking one line completely out of context. It's also missunderstanding the purpose of the book itself.

The Bible is a history book too. This doesn't mean it advocates things like slavery. It's simply telling you about history and then saying "there's a better way."

The very fact I have to explain this to you tells me you have an agenda. Your agenda is to bad mouth the Bible. Your agenda is to make people who believe in the Bible look ignorant and stupid.

But whatever.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #96
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Something we can agree with, still doesn't mean I want gay guys hitting on me but to each their own if you want to bone a dude or own a gun. Just don't infringe on my liberties.

You get hit on by gay guys? That's a peculiar assertion.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #97
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Attachment 32084

and so does Tebow, in a self-loathing way (if you know what I mean. and what I mean is there is a chance Tebow likes the cock, but may not know it yet)
God loves everyone

God hates sin

All sin is equal.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #98
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
You are taking a few verses out of the Bible and saying "see, the Bible says slavery is good, see!!" and the Bible does no such thing. It's like me taking one line out of a book, for example, Webster's Dictionary, flip to a page with a word like "Torture", read one line of the definition like "to cause extreme physical or mental pain." and to say "see, this book advocates torture!" Because, look right here on page 1502, it says "to cause extreme physical or mental pain"! So, Webster's Dictionary is ok with this, see!

Nope, it's taking one line completely out of context. It's also missunderstanding the purpose of the book itself.

The Bible is a history book too. This doesn't mean it advocates things like slavery. It's simply telling you about history and then saying "there's a better way."

The very fact I have to explain this to you tells me you have an agenda. Your agenda is to bad mouth the Bible. Your agenda is to make people who believe in the Bible look ignorant and stupid.

But whatever.
Talk about misquoting to serve an agenda. Here is what I actually said. http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...6&postcount=26

And note that SPDirty referenced Bible quotes to justify being 'anti-gay', but that's permissible, because again, it suits your agenda.

I took NOTHING out of context, I quoted Bible verse verbatim......and I could have found much nastier verse.

It's no surprise you're defensive.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #99
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Talk about misquoting to serve an agenda. Here is what I actually said. http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...6&postcount=26

And note that SPDirty referenced Bible quotes to justify being 'anti-gay', but that's permissible, because again, it suits your agenda.

I took NOTHING out of context, I quoted Bible verse verbatim......and I could have found much nastier verse.

It's no surprise you're defensive.
Ok, so tell me all about the surrounding passages of these Bible verses please. I want to know breakdown of the all the chapters before these verses, and all the chapters after these verses, and a breakdown of the books from which these verses come from. I also want you to tell me how the verses fit into the larger picture of the entire Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. Please be in depth. And you can't copy and paste someone elses work. You do the work.

I know people is seminary do this. This is why they are in seminary.

I don't for one second think you know what you are talking about. You have an agenda. Your agenda is to purposely missunderstand and then misuse the Bible. Like I said, there's very little difference between you and the person who wants to start a cult based on one or two verses of the Bible that are completely misinterpreted.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 02-16-2013 at 05:49 PM..
Old 02-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #100
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Ok, so tell me all about the surrounding passages of these Bible verses please. I want to know breakdown of the all the chapters before these verses, and all the chapters after these verses, and a breakdown of the books from which these verses come from. I also want you to tell me how the verses fit into the larger picture of the entire Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. Please be in depth. And you can't copy and paste someone elses work. You do the work.

I know people is seminary do this. This is why they are in seminary.

I don't for one second think you know what you are talking about. You have an agenda. Your agenda is to purposely missunderstand and then misuse the Bible. Like I said, there's very little difference between you and the person who wants to start a cult based on one or two verses of the Bible that are completely misinterpreted.

Yeah, those 15 years at conservative Catholic schools and attending weekly Latin mass at Westminster Cathedral taught me nothing.

The message I was taught was of forgiveness, helping others, loving your fellow man and not being a judgmental a-hole.