The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #26
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Franchising Clady could be risky. Clady, if he is angered by this could holdout every off-season workout, training camp, and well into the season. This happens all the time.

There are a lot of quality T set to be FA's this year. If Denver does not want to pay him maybe they should just sign one of these cheaper guys and let Clady go.
The league got a win in the new CBA as it pertains to holdouts. In an effort to prevent them, under the new CBA if player under contract fails to report to training camp, he is fined $30,000 per day by his club. Thatís more than double the fine in the prior CBA which was $14,000 per day.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #27
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Albert said he wants to stay in KC and the Chiefs have spoken to his people. We're gonna keep him.

He's a top 10 LT.
You guys need him, he was the only decent player on that OL.

I would be more worried about C and G. I know you had injuries but it is not like they were probowlers.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #28
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The league got a win in the new CBA as it pertains to holdouts. In an effort to prevent them, under the new CBA if player under contract fails to report to training camp, he is fined $30,000 per day by his club. Thatís more than double the fine in the prior CBA which was $14,000 per day.
Well, I know Wallace from the Steelers held out into the season because he was franchised.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #29
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Well, I know Wallace from the Steelers held out into the season because he was franchised.
He was tendered not franchised.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rs-on-tuesday/
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #30
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,441

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Probably should have taken the money last year. This year is a strong O-line draft class and most likely some quality FA options. Plus, he's gotta recover from yet another injury. If he plays lights out under the tag, he'll get paid. If not by Denver, than by some other team. Smart move by Elway.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #31
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,754

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I see this as posturing by the front office, still think a deal gets done prior to the season. I believe the team is willing to deal and it's a big risk for Clady to not sign now, coming off another injury.

Clady made the right move by not signing last season, but he lost his leverage with the shoulder injury. It's in his best interest to get a deal done now with the team willing, rather than risk another injury next year or not being able to get fully back from the current situation.
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #32
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,140

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Technically a FA tag ensures payment so Clady is sure to get paid. What is going on with Albert? I wonder if Chicago doesn't throw a bag full of money his way and he bails to a real team.
Getting the tag is not getting paid.

Getting paid is getting a long-term deal with a big signing bonus and guaranteed money.

Albert's deal is basically done with the Chiefs, it was announced yesterday.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #33
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Getting the tag is not getting paid.

Getting paid is getting a long-term deal with a big signing bonus and guaranteed money.

Albert's deal is basically done with the Chiefs, it was announced yesterday.
Look at all the WR's better then Wes Welker last year because he got tagged
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #34
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,140

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Look at all the WR's better then Wes Welker last year because he got tagged
I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I'm simply rejoicing over the fact that Albert will solidfy his status as a superior lineman due to the simple fact he's getting paid sooner.

Good luck to Clady on his quest to get paid. Hopefully he can prove himself to be in Albert'$ cla$$ in 2013.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #35
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I'm simply rejoicing over the fact that Albert will solidfy his status as a superior lineman due to the simple fact he's getting paid sooner.

Good luck to Clady on his quest to get paid. Hopefully he can prove himself to be in Albert'$ cla$$ in 2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Haha. Albert is going to get paid before Clady.

Albert > Clady
****ing retard
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #36
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Before dream and the morons chime in, I Have always said he would not get a long term deal that would cost us 12+ millions a year against the cap. That's we simply could not afford it, this year.

With the advent of the shoulder injury the cap aspect became just a matter of time. Gave John a graceful way out. Since no other team is going to give him a huge contract after getting cut, until they see he is healed.

I still believe that having an elite (pay) OLT is not as necessary as it once was, also beleive that they'd I'll be finding an OT via the draft or UFa and none of them will be paid elite money, as his eventual replacement
..
(something I have been saying consistently since this cap conversation started )

Last edited by lonestar; 02-15-2013 at 09:52 PM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #37
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
You guys need him, he was the only decent player on that OL.

I would be more worried about C and G. I know you had injuries but it is not like they were probowlers.
Eric Winston and Jon Asamoah are decent OL. Not saying that to be a homer either. They've been recognized on a national level as being quality players.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #38
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,140

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
****ing retard
What about the WRs who got paid big bucks on long term deals?

Pretty sure all those guys (Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, etc) are better than Welker.

Albert is joing the exclu$ive club of left tackle$ who are getting straight ca$h, $on. $orry. Clady is not invited.

You lo$e. Good day, $ir.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #39
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,875

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
What about the WRs who got paid big bucks on long term deals?

Pretty sure all those guys (Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, etc) are better than Welker.

Albert is joing the exclu$ive club of left tackle$ who are getting straight ca$h, $on. $orry. Clady is not invited.

You lo$e. Good day, $ir.
You sound like one of those women who feel superior to single girls because they are married...even if their husband is a lowlife. How does signing a long term deal signify talent exactly
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #40
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,982
Default

As of right now, that gives the Broncos only about $3M to spend in free agency.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:08 AM   #41
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,140

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
You sound like one of those women who feel superior to single girls because they are married...even if their husband is a lowlife. How does signing a long term deal signify talent exactly
Had Clady been better over the last two seasons than Albert? No. Is he getting paid this offseason? No.

What's clear is clear.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #42
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Had Clady been better over the last two seasons than Albert? No. Is he getting paid this offseason? No.

What's clear is clear.
This is why nothing ever changes in KC. The owners never have to field a team worth a **** because the retarded fans think they have good players.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #43
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
As of right now, that gives the Broncos only about $3M to spend in free agency.
Until they cut players dumb ass Williams being the most expensive of the group and Mayes. Might give them some wiggle room.

But do not forget next year they have 24 current contract players due to become UFA. Most noteable Woodyard, Beadles, km, Walton and Miller is eligible to resign next year.

Not like we will not have a permanent solution going.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #44
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,140

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
This is why nothing ever changes in KC. The owners never have to field a team worth a **** because the retarded fans think they have good players.
In the past two seasons Albert has allowed 6 sacks TOTAL.

He's a ****ing stud you ninny.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #45
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
In the past two seasons Albert has allowed 6 sacks TOTAL.

He's a ****ing stud you ninny.
Wow, bob no one cares dude, go to crap planet. Clady allowed one sack last year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #46
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
What about the WRs who got paid big bucks on long term deals?

Pretty sure all those guys (Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, etc) are better than Welker.

Albert is joing the exclu$ive club of left tackle$ who are getting straight ca$h, $on. $orry. Clady is not invited.

You lo$e. Good day, $ir.
Seriously your team is so crappy you have to get into which players get better deal then players on other teams? Wow just wow.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #47
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,875

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Had Clady been better over the last two seasons than Albert? No. Is he getting paid this offseason? No.

What's clear is clear.
Your logic makes zero sense. These negotiations aren't happening in a vacuum by the same team and the same numbers. This is one of your odder trolls
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #48
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,587

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Before dream and the morons chime in, I Have always said he would not get a long term deal that would cost us 12+ millions a year against the cap. That's we simply could not afford it, this year.

With the advent of the shoulder injury the cap aspect became just a matter of time. Gave John a graceful way out. Since no other team is going to give him a huge contract after getting cut, until they see he is healed.

I still believe that having an elite (pay) OLT is not as necessary as it once was, also beleive that they'd I'll be finding an OT via the draft or UFa and none of them will be paid elite money, as his eventual replacement
..
(something I have been saying consistently since this cap conversation started )
. . . and we are still laughing at you. Another sh-t football take from crapstar.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #49
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,140

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Your logic makes zero sense. These negotiations aren't happening in a vacuum by the same team and the same numbers. This is one of your odder trolls
That's cool.

Call me when Clady gets paid like an elite left tackle. Until he does, he isn't.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #50
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Getting the tag is not getting paid.

Getting paid is getting a long-term deal with a big signing bonus and guaranteed money.

Albert's deal is basically done with the Chiefs, it was announced yesterday.
Wow and just when you couldn't get any dumber you say something like this. This is new to me that long term deals mean a player is better than someone getting the franchise tag.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Denver Broncos