The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #51
DENVERDUI55

It wouldn't surprise me if Tebow despised homosexuality.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #52
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Same goes for slavery.

Or adultery.

How about some genocide?

Being a Christian should never be a justification for bigotry.
You are taking the Bible way out of context and you know it. People love to do this. Not only people like you who don't know what they are talking about, but people who want to start cults based on 1 or 2 verses out of the Bible that they completely missread and missapply.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #53
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
And he loved all mankind equally.

So where does the homophobia come from? Paul's letters in Romans?

No, it's origins and veracity come from the Old Testament....specifically Leviticus. The 'agenda' is being factual.
So calling homosexuality a sin is hatred? Is Tebow and his Christian gang of homophobes shooting gays or beating them?

BTW, they're not afraid of homos....they're afraid of what will happen to them when God passes judgement on the world.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #54
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
So calling homosexuality a sin is hatred? Is Tebow and his Christian gang of homophobes shooting gays or beating them?

BTW, they're not afraid of homos....they're afraid of what will happen to them when God passes judgement on the world.
When is that due? Everytime I hide in the shipping container bunker buried in the back yard for a week or 2 to see if the 2nd comming is over it turns out nothing happened.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #55
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

"Ewwww... I poop from there."

Tim Tebow
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #56
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
"Ewwww... I poop from there."

Tim Tebow
Just think how Noah felt after he woke and found out his son boned him
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #57
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Whenever I see articles like this, I think to myself..."aww, bless their hearts".

I live my life the way I see fit. Any wrong I have done, and any bad decision I have made will be hashed out one of these days. It wont be because some halfwit preacher screams and gesticulates from a mega church pulpit. Always amuses me, the you should have a personal relationship with God...and it should be the same as my personal relationship with God. If God exists, then He clearly made me this particular way, so sending me to hell for so called design flaws seems unnaturally cruel, and I am not sure in that case that god would be one I would want to worship or know in the slightest.

As for Tebow...the sooner he comes out the better off he will be.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #58
huh??
Back in the 5280!

...pretty good at lurking.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Hmmmm. "Seventy percent", huh?
That's like, almost half or something. Isn't it?
huh?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #59
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Next thing you are going to tell me is he doesn't like the Koran either.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #60
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

The day god passes judgement on the world! You'll be waiting an eternity for that to happen

And if you call it a sin, it's at least intolerance
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #61
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Ok, let's get our torches and go after Kaylore and Dom!

How is the Mormon church not Christian? Hello. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Have to wonder if those people that judge and are anti gay see themselves at all in those scriptures. Probably not.
Romney had to win for Mormonism to be cool. Now it's just a silly cult again.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:01 AM   #62
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Whenever I see articles like this, I think to myself..."aww, bless their hearts".

I live my life the way I see fit. Any wrong I have done, and any bad decision I have made will be hashed out one of these days. It wont be because some halfwit preacher screams and gesticulates from a mega church pulpit. Always amuses me, the you should have a personal relationship with God...and it should be the same as my personal relationship with God. If God exists, then He clearly made me this particular way, so sending me to hell for so called design flaws seems unnaturally cruel, and I am not sure in that case that god would be one I would want to worship or know in the slightest.

No Chris, haven't you heard? Homosexuality is a choice and a sin. My preacher said so and he speaks to god everyday and god told him..
Old 02-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #63
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I don't know how you can call yourself a christian with a basic understanding of the bible and not be anti-gay. 1 Corintians 6:9-11 and 1 Timothy 1:8-11.
Yeah, all those clowns who followed Jesus and called themselves Christians in the first century obviously were too stupid to understand they had to wait till Timothy/Corinthians to fully understand.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #64
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

All sex outside of marriage is a sin. Does not matter if its between a hetero couple or a gay couple. Homosexuals cannot marry in the Bible. The basic principle is you choose to have sex, plain and simple. It's a choice. If you are gay, you must choose to abstain from sex with a man just like a hetero guy must choost to abstain from sex with a woman unless he's married to her. Masturbation is also a sin.

It's a choice. Don't kid yourself. All sex is a choice.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #65
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
"Slavery" in the age of monarchy was a different animal than our modern perspective allows us to comprehend. If you owned nothing, in many cases there were no better alternatives to you than being the servant of a man who did.

I'm intrigued by this new idea though that speaking at a place makes you responsible for it's positions. Seems like a few years back we were told even regularly attending a church didn't necessarily mean you agreed with what it said.
It is not different from today view to ancient era perspective. Slavery is evil practice no matter when or where it is done.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #66
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
It is not different from today view to ancient era perspective. Slavery is evil practice no matter when or where it is done.

"Ancient" slavery lacked the racial component that developed in the 17th and 18th centuries.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #67
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
All sex outside of marriage is a sin. Does not matter if its between a hetero couple or a gay couple. Homosexuals cannot marry in the Bible. The basic principle is you choose to have sex, plain and simple. It's a choice. If you are gay, you must choose to abstain from sex with a man just like a hetero guy must choost to abstain from sex with a woman unless he's married to her. Masturbation is also a sin.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #68
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
"Ancient" slavery lacked the racial component that developed in the 17th and 18th centuries.

Harlots in ancient Sparta might disagree. Slavery is slavery no matter what. Just because there is racial component in the American experience doesn't make it any better or worse. To make the argument that slavery was better in ancient world is falsity. Proof can be seen with the number of slave rebellion that have occurred. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_rebellion
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #69
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Harlots in ancient Sparta might disagree. Slavery is slavery no matter what. Just because there is racial component in the American experience doesn't make it any better or worse. To make the argument that slavery was better in ancient world is falsity. Proof can be seen with the number of slave rebellion that have occurred. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_rebellion

I'm not saying ancient slavery was better. Slavery is slavery. I was pointing out that ancient slavery was less inclined to be based on skin tone and more likely to be based on you losing a war or being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #70
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

To me, it's very sad that people take some ancient text into account when making any decision about their life, sexual or otherwise.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #71
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
or... you could look at it this way. Women outnumber men 2 to 1 in the world, the projection is 3 to 1 within the next few years.
so for every dude that goes gay and loves up on another dude.

that means it skews the available female numbers to a straight man's favor.
**** Gangnam, in a few years it will be Harem style.
Huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_ratio

"The CIA estimates that the current world wide sex ratio at birth is 107 boys to 100 girls. In 2010, the global sex ratio was 986 females per 1,000 males and trended to reduce to 984 in 2011."
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #72
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Tebow is probably gay anyways

Maybe him and Teo will hit it off

That is assuming Tebow is still in the league, which is not a given anymore
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #73
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

The 'preacher' in this thread certainly believes so:
Quote:
"He once accused gay activists of trying to hide “the link between homosexuality and pedophilia.”

In the meantime, they'll/you'll do the judging and condemning, just in case God isn't paying attention. Right, got it.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #74
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
You are taking the Bible way out of context and you know it. People love to do this. Not only people like you who don't know what they are talking about, but people who want to start cults based on 1 or 2 verses out of the Bible that they completely missread and missapply.
And people love to pick and choose which bible verses to quote and obey based upon their personal moral compass.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #75
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I know that when I am in a quandary regarding a modern issue of ethics, morality and values, I turn to the primitive desert peoples of 2,000 years ago for guidance. I mean, what other option do we have?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote