The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #26
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #27
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Old 02-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #28
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Old 02-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #29
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Can you walk into a store, say Cabella's, and walk out with some C4 Explosives?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #30
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Can you buy an RPG at a gun store?
Old 02-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #31
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Suddenly got silent in here.

You mean I can't walk into a gun store and buy an RPG? WTF is this country coming to!

I gots to be protecten me an mine! Plus I like blowin stuff up REAL GOOD!

Old 02-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #32
driver
Pro Bowler

Bronco Fan Extrordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

The vast majority of this ammo is 40s&w and 357sig in varying bullet wgts and almost all of it is hollow point. The calibers are pistol and smg. Very little rifle ammo.
The Us military is barred from using hollow point ammo by the geneva convention.
Almost no one uses hollow point ammo for target practice. My conclusion is that it's being purchased for use against living targets. You make up your own minds.
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #33
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
A few notes:

To me that reads that this particular training center uses as many as 15 million rounds per year. So the 1.6B rounds would be a 100 year supply for this facility, not for all of homeland security. 1.6 Billion rounds would supply 20 such facilities for 5 years (which is the noted duration of the contract).

750 Million rounds for 5 years with 70,000 agents per year is roughly 2000 rounds per agent trained at DHS facilities. Is that a lot? I have no idea. The contract also notes that "up to" 750 Million rounds can be purchased, which may mean that they don't purchase this many. The contract probably has a minimum amount as well to ensure good pricing.

Ammunition purchased in the US on the whole was about 10-12 Billion rounds last year as far as I can tell. This government purchase would account for 2.5%-3.5% of the total market. A significant portion to be sure, but enough to intentionally drive prices significantly higher? I wonder if the logic doesn't work the other way? The American public has been significantly escalating their guns and ammo purchases over the past several years, which has put significant pressure on pricing and supply. If I'm a large consumer of ammunition, like the DHS, I'm probably also looking to make large volume purchases to keep cost down, and ensure adequate supply over the next several years. Or maybe I'm just looking to start a war against the american public. Hard to say.
With the war on terror and the US Military, that 10-12 billion rounds gets soaked up quickly. The US Federal government is supposed to have it's own ammo producing facility but they have that thing maxed out already. So now they are absorbing up all the other ammo producers with this bogus purchase of 1.6 billion rounds JUST FOR THE FEDS.

Guess what local law enforcement, it's gonna be harder and more expensive for you to get ammo too. It's just for the Feds. And it is not for the US Military.

The reason there has been such a mad rush by the average US citizen to buy guns and ammo if because people are scared of the current administration and rightly so. Just look at this DHS BS buying up 1.6 billion rounds of ammo just for the Feds. Add in the fact that there's already legislation being written to limit magazine capacity and types of guns you can own and that is why people are buying everything is sight. People are paranoid and BO is not helping the situation.

Theres a perfect storm going on right now--there's the US Military absorbing a huge supply of ammo because of the "war on terror", there's the US Consumer freaking out because of the idiot in the white house, there's all the local law enforcement people trying to buy ammo and now, wouldn't you know it, just to bottle neck everything up more, the DHS decides it's gonna buy another 1.6 billion rounds, because, yah know, there's soooo many threats all over the place and the feds just have to have a billion + rounds for all their training because there's just so many terrorists running round killing people!

BS.

This is a power play by the feds. It's nothing more than limiting the ability of the average citizen to buy ammo. Not only that, it limits local law enforcement too although I'm sure they will get priority over the average joe. The next thing that will happen is the feds will limit the amount of ammo you can buy at one time (they are already trying to stop online ammo purchases) and they will then slap a 50% tax on all ammo purchases.

The feds don't care about the states. They don't care about the people in Wyoming. They don't care about the local police who really are the FIRST RESPONDERS to an attack or a problem. Nope, the feds only car about Big Brother.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #34
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Gun control was enacted in Germany in 1928 by the government that was before Hitler and was relaxed by Hitler in 1938. I am not sure why morons keep using this bull**** quote.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #35
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

selling tin foil hats, 4 for $10
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #36
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
The vast majority of this ammo is 40s&w and 357sig in varying bullet wgts and almost all of it is hollow point. The calibers are pistol and smg. Very little rifle ammo.
The Us military is barred from using hollow point ammo by the geneva convention.
Almost no one uses hollow point ammo for target practice. My conclusion is that it's being purchased for use against living targets. You make up your own minds.
I saw that most of the pistol ammo is .40S&W which is odd IMHO. The standard NATO pistol round is the 9mm. It's standard because it's cheap. Why .40S&W??

Now you are saying it's not FMJ ammo, it's hollow point? If this is true than its NOT FOR TARGET PRACTICE. FMJ ammo is for target practice.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #37
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I need to find a grenade range to practice my grenade target practice.

Gun shops all carry grenades right? This is America and I can bear arms to prevent paying a couple more % of tax right?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #38
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

BTW Will honey boo boo and Swamp People still be on during the Gun Owners Civil War?

I hope Jimmy makes it to next season on Ax Men, dude is trying to do right by his boy at the end of his life.

Got to have me some History Channel while I am cleaning my RPG, fueling my drones, and putting grenades on my belts! ****in A AMERICA at it's best! WHOOOO HOOOO!

Get 'r done boys!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #39
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
How successful was that LA cop killer at repelling the Government with his gun?

Gun owners keep bringing up that we have a right to own a gun to protect us from a tyranny. That might of worked back in 1791 but all it takes today is one strike from a drone flying at 60,000 feet and your AR15's and 30 clips of Ammo go "Poof", or KABLOOIE! Either way you won't know.
I guess that's why our military takes an oath to defend the Constitution not our government......

That's also why Obama is allegedly using whether or not military officers would fire on civilians as his litmus test

http://www.examiner.com/article/reno...n-u-s-citizens
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #40
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Can I claim my fully loaded Blackhawk Chopper on my taxes this year if I put my business name on it and fly it to work every day?

Mutha fuggers gonna think twice about raising my taxes when I roll up on those b****es in their review with my sidewinders gleaming in the sun!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #41
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I can buy a sidewinder at a gun store right?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #42
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
lol look up the Warsaw Uprising. As a hunter and gun owner I appreciate gun rights but I assure you that errand and his dad's 12-gauge are not what's standing between any government and tyranny.
...well my 12-gauge, M-14, and 1911 .45 and .380 ankle piece (conceal carry)...not to mention as a former Recon Marine, I'm quite skilled at using explosives and have fired most military weapons in our arsenal like the TOW, mortars, claymores, M-60, 50-cal, etc....and many former military men and women side with me as well....just because I do not currently possess current military weaponry doesn't mean I can't operate it if I did acquire it.

BTW, I'm not the only one who is worried about our government over reaching their power.

As for whether or not we the people could defeat an army better equipped....well, we did in Revolutionary War...Texas did in their war for independence....partisans in Yugoslavia......Vietnam war....the rebels in Afghanistan in 1980's.....so history says it can be done.

again, in the US, our military swears an oath to defend the Constitution...not the president or our government.....because the Constitution puts limits on government, not we the people.

The question isn't if my "fears" are well founded....you can call me a nut job all you want....the question is what would YOU do if the government does?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #43
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Know what else I hate!

When they have pepsi on sale and there is a limit to how many cases I can buy and I have to have my kid follow behind me with another couple cases or I have to go back in and get in a different line. It is not everyday you can get 4 cases of Pepsi for $4.99 each.

The man is keeping me down!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #44
errand
Ring of Famer

I never expect anyone to take my word for it on anything.....perhaps we should go to the horse's ass....err mouth -

Old 02-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #45
errand
Ring of Famer

If this doesn't scare you, then I don't know what to tell you.....
Old 02-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #46
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
...well my 12-gauge, M-14, and 1911 .45 and .380 ankle piece (conceal carry)...not to mention as a former Recon Marine, I'm quite skilled at using explosives and have fired most military weapons in our arsenal like the TOW, mortars, claymores, M-60, 50-cal, etc....and many former military men and women side with me as well....just because I do not currently possess current military weaponry doesn't mean I can't operate it if I did acquire it.

BTW, I'm not the only one who is worried about our government over reaching their power.

As for whether or not we the people could defeat an army better equipped....well, we did in Revolutionary War...Texas did in their war for independence....partisans in Yugoslavia......Vietnam war....the rebels in Afghanistan in 1980's.....so history says it can be done.

again, in the US, our military swears an oath to defend the Constitution...not the president or our government.....because the Constitution puts limits on government, not we the people.

The question isn't if my "fears" are well founded....you can call me a nut job all you want....the question is what would YOU do if the government does?
Do you plan on yelling "WOLVERIES!" when your civil war breaks out?

Old 02-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #47
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

Yep, I also like the fact that there's a large number of retired military people all over the place. They are in every community, all across the country and this gives me great comfort. Some are in local law enforcement, some are employed by the feds but most are just the average joe on the street.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #48
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Errand,

Where is the rally point?

You guys going to sit it out in your houses waiting for stormtroopers? Take out local governments 1st or jump in your hummers and take out one dude? I don't get the plan. Seems like lots of people not on board would be hurt or singled out as "Traitors" to your cause and put down.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #49
driver
Pro Bowler

Bronco Fan Extrordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I saw that most of the pistol ammo is .40S&W which is odd IMHO. The standard NATO pistol round is the 9mm. It's standard because it's cheap. Why .40S&W??

Now you are saying it's not FMJ ammo, it's hollow point? If this is true than its NOT FOR TARGET PRACTICE. FMJ ammo is for target practice.
Yeah the SS admin solicited bid for 175k of 357sig 125gr jhp.
A few weeks earlier the NWS took bids for approx 50k rnds of 40s&w hp when asked why the wrather service needed this ammo they denied the purchase,said it was a typo, that it was for the NOAA fisheries office.

There is a site FBO.GOV . If you want to register with this site, you can learn a lot, I personally choose not put myself on their radar screen.

I can't sight all purchases but they contracted for over 700mil of 357sig rnds in 2012. Various agencies SS, NWS,DEQ,ATF,DOJ, FEMA.
Draw your own conclusions.
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #50
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

hey bro, protip: if you're getting the majority of your info on a topic from a youtube video, it's probably not actually true.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote