The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #501
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
Matt Cooke is a piece of ****. And so is any other player that is similar to him. Players like Matt Cooke should be kicked out of this league. Ridiculous. Look at the replay; anyone with a brain can see Cooke's intent to stomp Karlsson. **** that little b****. We don't need players like that b**** taking out star players with intent. I'm furious
I agree, that's pretty much the Sens season right there. There is no way they can recover from losing Spetza and Karlson. I know Anderson is playing at an all world clip, but you can't win hockey games 0-0, and without those two that's the reality Ottowa has to face.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #502
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I've watched it a few times now...with Cooke he has an awful history with the exception of last year when he totally turned his game around although this year he has kinda gone back to his old ways a bit. They were jostling for the puck but there is no need to lift the skate. I don't support that at all. Very unfortunate for Karlsson.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #503
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

There is nothing Matt Cooke does that is not intentional.

And this is coming from a guy that was pissed off the caps let him go. Then again, on the caps he would have been kicked out of the league by now. He is protected by wearing the pens jersey.

He should have been kicked out of the league after the Savard fiasco, and for sure after the McDonough incident.

Edit: Let's put it this way; imagine the crusade against Chris Neil if it was him who "accidentally" did to Crosby what Cooke did to Karlsson. Of course, there won't be a peep about this because it's the pens, except maybe a little from the Canadian Media, although it won't be with as much force as say if the team involved was Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 02-13-2013 at 08:50 PM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #504
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I've watched it a few times now...with Cooke he has an awful history with the exception of last year when he totally turned his game around although this year he has kinda gone back to his old ways a bit. They were jostling for the puck but there is no need to lift the skate. I don't support that at all. Very unfortunate for Karlsson.
Cooke is a douche of the highest douche canoe level....

If this was say Avery doing this to Letang or kid swan dive, you'd be rioting in the streets...

Ban the F'n Fer....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #505
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Cooke is dirty brown water trash. Not surprised one bit.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #506
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Oh dear lord! Canes playing the leads tonight with 5 defenseman, as Gleason and Pitkanen deal with lower body injuries. Two of our top 4 out, and Ellis in net. Canes need to be on top of their offensive game to make this one happen.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #507
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Cooke is a douche of the highest douche canoe level....

If this was say Avery doing this to Letang or kid swan dive, you'd be rioting in the streets...

Ban the F'n Fer....
while i agree that cooke is one of the biggest POS in the league, i ahve a tough time thinking it was on purpose, I think he may have been going for a slew foot, or something along those lines.

But since the NHL rules by result and not intent, and he has a record as a repeat offender, he should be done for the year at the very least.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #508
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
while i agree that cooke is one of the biggest POS in the league, i ahve a tough time thinking it was on purpose, I think he may have been going for a slew foot, or something along those lines.

But since the NHL rules by result and not intent, and he has a record as a repeat offender, he should be done for the year at the very least.
no action will be taken towards him by the NHL. but you can bet the Sens have his ass lined up when they meet again.
their best player is out for the season over some really dumb crap.
Cooke likely didn't mean to come down on the back of his heel but he definitely was trying use his skate to force him further into the board.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #509
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Watch out Leafs the Canes call up Michael Jordan.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #510
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Watch out Leafs the Canes call up Michael Jordan.
I saw that, I was sending that joke around to everyone I knew this AM.

Reminds me of that Michael Jordan ESPN commercial. He's probably in that age range where his parents named him after MJ

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 02-14-2013 at 03:26 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #511
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
no action will be taken towards him by the NHL. but you can bet the Sens have his ass lined up when they meet again.
Cooke likely didn't mean to come down on the back of his heel but he definitely was trying use his skate to force him further into the board.
That's how we know it was intentional. Maybe he didn't want to tear his achilles but he intended to bring pain or hurt him in some way.

No one who plays hockey comes in like that lifting their skate, unless they are trying to do something to the opponent (e.g., slewfoot).

He meant to do what he did. He would have been banned a long time ago, fortunately for him he plays for Mario's organization which gives you lifetime benefits with Bettman.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #512
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Cooke needs to go for the rest of the year. That is a super dangerous play and even if he didn't intend to sever Karlsons foot that kind of **** is exactly what needs to be taken out of the game. If he doesn't get suspended, if I was head coach of the sens I would call up a minor league goon for the next game against the Pens and just have him Chris Simon the **** out of Matt Cooke's ugly face.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #513
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

No fine or suspension for Cooke. Team dirt bag skates again

Slew Foot Malkin
Cheap Shot Cooke
Swan Dive Princess
Head Hunt Orpik

Lovely.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #514
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
I saw that, I was sending that joke around to everyone I knew this AM.

Reminds me of that Michael Jordan ESPN commercial. He's probably in that age range where his parents named him after MJ
It's too bad this game isn't in Toronto, then we could say Michal Jordan gets first NHL start in the ACC.

Air Canada Centre.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #515
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
No fine or suspension for Cooke. Team dirt bag skates again

Slew Foot Malkin
Cheap Shot Cooke
Swan Dive Princess
Head Hunt Orpik

Lovely.
Someone is bitter about the standings.

Go Canes!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #516
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
That's how we know it was intentional. Maybe he didn't want to tear his achilles but he intended to bring pain or hurt him in some way.

No one who plays hockey comes in like that lifting their skate, unless they are trying to do something to the opponent (e.g., slewfoot).

He meant to do what he did. He would have been banned a long time ago, fortunately for him he plays for Mario's organization which gives you lifetime benefits with Bettman.
i get the feeling that he might get the Joey Hishon treatment next time those teams play(if you have never seen the hit by Brayden McNabb that has cost him two seasons, google it)
Old 02-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #517
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Come on dude, it has nothing to do with standings. I even trash the caps when I know they are a clown show.

He's 100% right about the pens and how they get away with it. Try being a little more objective

Do you not ever notice how every team (except maybe philly, because they dont give a ****) lets up on a Crosby body check? The pens get away with a lot of infractions.

The pens are an NHL favored franchise; otherwise they would have been gone years ago with all the financial issues.

Doesn't mean they aren't a good team, but ray finkle is right.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #518
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
It's too bad this game isn't in Toronto, then we could say Michal Jordan gets first NHL start in the ACC.

Air Canada Centre.
WTF were the leafs doing on that 2nd goal lol. Talk about a freebie.

On another note, good to see the avs battle back for 2 points in minny. They needed that.

I don't know what happened to TB since that start. Caps at least look more cohesive recently, although Holtby = yikes.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #519
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
i get the feeling that he might get the Joey Hishon treatment next time those teams play(if you have never seen the hit by Brayden McNabb that has cost him two seasons, google it)
Holy **** I just saw that.

If I was the sens, I would have Chris Neil go after one of the big four: Malkin, Crosby, Letang or Neal.

I'm a big believer in an eye for an eye when it comes to hockey.

Want cooke out of the league? Punish the organization that employs him by taking out one of their best players like he did to the sens. I guarantee the pens would cut Cooke and no other team would ever pick him up because of his history and knowing that the preferential treatment would not continue in another jersey.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #520
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

One more post for my fellow hockey nuts lol. So FWIW, I hear Mcphee has been going hard on O'Reilly for 2 weeks now. HOWEVER, I do see the following tweet. I swear if Shero lands O'Reilly, I will be extremely pissed. I'm sure Dick Patrick will veto any deal Mcphee gets done with Sherman. I can't stand the mgmt group in DC.

Michael Russo
‏@Russostrib
#penguins GM Ray Shero is in Minnesota scouting tonight's #mnwild #avalanche game. Pens looking for top-6 winger
Old 02-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #521
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Please, in a strike shortened season, it does not matter what the standings are as long as you make the playoffs.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #522
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
One more post for my fellow hockey nuts lol. So FWIW, I hear Mcphee has been going hard on O'Reilly for 2 weeks now. HOWEVER, I do see the following tweet. I swear if Shero lands O'Reilly, I will be extremely pissed. I'm sure Dick Patrick will veto any deal Mcphee gets done with Sherman. I can't stand the mgmt group in DC.

Michael Russo
‏@Russostrib
#penguins GM Ray Shero is in Minnesota scouting tonight's #mnwild #avalanche game. Pens looking for top-6 winger
i will throw up if we deal him to the Pens. they don't have what we need.
we need a good young roster player, a top prospect and a pick.
the Pens picks suck, the moveable roster guys are mostly older or not a top 6 potential type. the prospects they have aren't exactly the best.
Bennett is solid but him alone won't get O'Reilly.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #523
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
i will throw up if we deal him to the Pens. they don't have what we need.
we need a good young roster player, a top prospect and a pick.
the Pens picks suck, the moveable roster guys are mostly older or not a top 6 potential type. the prospects they have aren't exactly the best.
Bennett is solid but him alone won't get O'Reilly.
You think the Avs would do a Filip Forsberg and pick type deal? It would essentially end up being Varlamov, Forsberg, pick for O'reilly lol.

There was a deal of Marcus Johansson and Michal Neuvirth for Luongo and Raymond but Leonsis doesn't want that Luongo contract. I say do it and figure it out later with the amnesty thing coming into play this offseason.

Caps would look much better with O'Reilly in the top 6, Laich returning and Luongo in net.

None of it is going to happen probably, but I would pull the trigger on those deals if I was the caps. Hate to give up Forsberg but Sherman can save face on that trade, even though I didn't think it was THAT bad. Varlamov was always the best of the Holtby, Neuvirth, himself trio.

edit: I guess if the avs are looking for NHL ready talent maybe they go for Forsberg/Brooks Laich (a little steep) or Forsberg/Marcus Johansson

re: Luongo, Vancouver was also willing to eat some of the salary. Seems like a no brainer to me given the crap goaltending in DC. I would have pulled the trigger.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 02-14-2013 at 09:23 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #524
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Come on dude, it has nothing to do with standings. I even trash the caps when I know they are a clown show.

He's 100% right about the pens and how they get away with it. Try being a little more objective

Do you not ever notice how every team (except maybe philly, because they dont give a ****) lets up on a Crosby body check? The pens get away with a lot of infractions.

The pens are an NHL favored franchise; otherwise they would have been gone years ago with all the financial issues.

Doesn't mean they aren't a good team, but ray finkle is right.
You don't know my history with Ray MF Finkle. We live to needle each other about various things. It's always in good fun. I'm a huge fan of Ray Finkle and I enjoy getting under his skin...and he does the same back.

Anyway Bennett got called up today. I'm going to be really pissed if he is paired with Geno and Neal. I'm tired of this ****. Sid needs to play with a decent player for once. I'm tired of the Kunitz/Dupuis crap. Yes they are producing but it could be so much more. Geno needs to just grind his way out of his slump. He already has Neal give Sid some help.

Put Kunitz back with Geno and Neal...that was a great line last year...give Bennett to Sid.

Go Canes!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #525
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You don't know my history with Ray MF Finkle. We live to needle each other about various things. It's always in good fun. I'm a huge fan of Ray Finkle and I enjoy getting under his skin...and he does the same back.
haha fair enough.

So it sucks that I never could send you that Shanahan jacket, maybe next year