The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #76
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Lol. Not even close. For the "bad guys rolling into town" I have an Armalite AR 10 with multiple 25 round mags, and a mossburg 12 gauge pump. Thats after they get past my gate and rhodesian ridgeback dog. Two revolvers would be for target practice.
Wow. A real macho man.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #77
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
You're being dishonest, Doc. You know perfectly well that no one is "celebrat[ing] geriatric rapists." What's being (rightly) lampooned is how the gun nuts think everyone who's packing morphs into Dirty Harry. Everyone walking around cocked and loaded doesn't solve anything, as this incident sadly demonstrates. Save the sanctimony.
No the morphing into dirty harry is a liberal idea. vast majority of gun owners hope to never have to use them. Also we now that the gun does not give us 100% protection. We only say at places where only the bad guy had a gun, that maybe if someone else had a gun things could have been different.

This thread did use a rape of a woman to make a point people are feeble even with guns. We only say at least the poor old woman had a chance. I hope some women read that story and if god forbid they have same encounter they won't hesitate and it works out better for them.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #78
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Liberals have no limits in their desire to advance their political ideals. For example, it's perfectly fine to gloat about the home invasion and rape of a 71 year old gun-owning woman because it gives an anecdotal undermining of the second amendment. Doesn't matter that a law abiding geriatric was raped by a felonious sexual predator. What matters is the bigger picture: guns and gun owners are the enemy and must be destroyed... even if a few grandmas have to be raped and paraded about on the internet to get there.
end thread.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #79
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Wow. A real macho man.
Beats being a p***Y like you.......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #80
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Man breaks into Springs home

Didn't quite work out. I doubt the NRA will put this in their "Armed Citizen" column...
What's the point of this thread? I get advocating gun control to keep them out of the hands of violent aggressive people. That's what they should be doing anyway, but this thread implies that guns don't help defend. Like it's okay to disarm citizens. Maybe I'm missing the point. When the NRA politicizes gun defense, the story itself is something to celebrate. This is totally the opposite. It doesn't score any political points because it's a rare tragedy. The only point it proves is that people with guns can't defend themselves 100% of the time. Nobody thinks they can.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #81
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I hope some women read that story and if god forbid they have same encounter they won't hesitate and it works out better for them.
Hopefully, it isn't discouraging. Maybe it will encourage more women to take up target shooting.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #82
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Yo if I had a gun I'd be like Bruce Willis!!! I'd shoot all da bad guyz and they'd miss

Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:15 AM   #83
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Liberals have no limits in their desire to advance their political ideals. For example, it's perfectly fine to gloat about the home invasion and rape of a 71 year old gun-owning woman because it gives an anecdotal undermining of the second amendment. Doesn't matter that a law abiding geriatric was raped by a felonious sexual predator. What matters is the bigger picture: guns and gun owners are the enemy and must be destroyed... even if a few grandmas have to be raped and paraded about on the internet to get there.
Cut down on the lead you've been ingesting - your brain has been damaged.

PS - You and your ilk don't seem to mind 20 dead schoolchildren. In fact, all you can think of is more guns in more hands in more places in response.

Last edited by W*GS; 02-14-2013 at 01:18 AM..
Old 02-14-2013, 01:16 AM   #84
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
How does acknowledging reality make me a p***Y?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #85
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You're so paranoid and scared ****less of the outside world that you arm yourself to the teeth to protect yourself from it. Who's being the p***Y here?

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 02-14-2013 at 05:49 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #86
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

^ People who gotta compensate for something. Which is a majority of the macho men here.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #87
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:

PS - You and your ilk don't seem to mind 20 dead schoolchildren. In fact, all you can think of is more guns in more hands in more places in response.
You didn't read the part where I said they should be keeping guns away from aggressive violent people. I think we agree on that point. Do you also agree with me that they should allow other citizens to own guns for defense?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #88
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
You didn't read the part where I said they should be keeping guns away from aggressive violent people. I think we agree on that point. Do you also agree with me that they should allow other citizens to own guns for defense?
hence, why you should support universal BG checks.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #89
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

what you fail to realize is that 20 school children would not have died had an armed law abiding citizen been there...... the police only show up in time to draw a chalk outline around the body.....or bodies.

the average number of deaths during a shooting rampage is 2.7 when stopped by an armed citizen.... And over 14 when stopped by police. in fact if the shooter doesn't kill himself, most of the shootings would not be stopping unless it was by an armed law abiding citizen....
'
we do not celebrate 20 school children being killed we lament the fact that you are trying to legislate us out of having the ability to protect ourselves and save others like those at Sandy Hook.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #90
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
what you fail to realize is that 20 school children would not have died had an armed law abiding citizen been there......
Possibly. You can't say that with any confidence.

Ms. Lanza was a law-abiding citizen - if she hadn't felt the need to have an arsenal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand
we do not celebrate 20 school children being killed we lament the fact that you are trying to legislate us out of having the ability to protect ourselves and save others like those at Sandy Hook.
I've not said anything about eliminating the RKBA.

What I do believe is that more guns in more hands in more places is insane.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #91
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Fortunately for you, gun owners get more restrictions every time a gun law is passed. I don't think you have to worry about them passing a new law that reverses this trend.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #92
BroncoBeavis

Let me put it to you this Wagsy. Do you wish Granny had been able to smoke that twisted ****, or not?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #93
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Possibly. You can't say that with any confidence.

statistics say otherwise.....fewer people are killed in shooting rampages when a law abiding citizen shoots or disarms the shooter. Meanwhile when law enforcement is called in they take longer to get there, and the body count is always higher.

Ms. Lanza was a law-abiding citizen - if she hadn't felt the need to have an arsenal...

Her "arsenal" did not get up on it's own, travel to Sandy Hook and shoot 6 teachers and 20 children......a whack job stole her weapons, killed her as she slept, and then went on his murderous rampage.....

I've not said anything about eliminating the RKBA.

Posting this thread says otherwise....

Despite the fact that places where limiting law abiding citizens guns have much higher violent crime rates than communities where conceal and open carry laws do.
in bold...
Old 02-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #94
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Fortunately for you, gun owners get more restrictions every time a gun law is passed. I don't think you have to worry about them passing a new law that reverses this trend.
These liberals will never understand that they don't need laws to limit what kind of guns or how many rounds a magazine can hold for law abiding citizens who respect laws and human life....as they're not the ones shooting up the schools, or the streets of Chicago.

I want one of these stupid ****ers to tell me how they plan on getting and keeping guns out of the hands of whack jobs and criminals......you know, those people who ignore laws, and have no respect for human life.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #95
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Let me put it to you this Wagsy. Do you wish Granny had been able to smoke that twisted ****, or not?
Well he took the time to celebrate her rape when her gun was taken from her to forward an agenda he claims he doesn't have, so who knows?