The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #26
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
did i miss something where Kuper has a more serious injury than we know of? or are we just ASSUMING because he keeps breaking the same thing?
There's just been speculation that the front office has some general concerns about his long term future with the team because of his health..just putting some food for thought out there..
Old 02-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #27
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Why does DEN have to spend a draft pick on the O-line?
Regardless of the O-line situation depending on health or if the player is good or not, DEN can simply go into FA and get a nice option at OG or C. And no, these guys wont be too expensive.
Louis Vasquez SD (OG)
Brandon Moore NYJ (OG)
Matt Slauson NYJ (OG)

Fernando Velasco TEN (C)

Go get Velasquez or Moore for a modest contract.
Either will want out of a loser team, and be looking to win it all with a contender.
Then you have depth on the line, and DEN can let them all fight it out for a roster spot. DEN will still have enough $$$ in FA after some players re-work their contracts to go get another high-value FA. Relax.
SoCal I usually like your ideas and player evaluation. But Vasquez is a very underrated talent and he's not going to sign for peanuts..
Old 02-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #28
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
SoCal I usually like your ideas and player evaluation. But Vasquez is a very underrated talent and he's not going to sign for peanuts..
What do you think Moore or Velasquez will command on the open market?
Neither is getting Carl Nicks $$$. Moore is 30. He wants a ring. I could easily see him being signed to a 3 YR deal worth around 9 MIL. And he would play out 2 years at about 5.5 MIL.
I see DEN when its all done and said, and current contracts have been re-worked and players have been dumped like DJ, aquiring 3-4 players in FA.
Regardless of if they were released or their contract just expired.
RB, S, O-LINE, D-LINE.

Last edited by socalorado; 02-14-2013 at 12:36 PM..
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #29
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Beadles season somewhat complicates things. Kuper and Clady were seen as the two guy you couldn't replace on the line to start the season.
now it would be Clady,Franklin and Beadles. so Kuper,Koppen and Walton are the guys up for replacement.
i think the OG talent is better than the OC talent and we need some mauler on the inside to road grade and get us open holes.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #30
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
What do you think Moore or Velasquez will command on the open market?
Neither is getting Carl Nicks $$$. Moore is 30. He wants a ring. I could easily see him being signed to a 3 YR deal worth around 9 MIL. And he would play out 2 years at about 5.5 MIL.
I see DEN when its all done and said, and current contracts have been re-worked and players have been dumped like DJ, aquiring 3-4 players in FA.
Regardless of if they were released or their contract just expired.
RB, S, O-LINE, D-LINE.
Well $3 million seems fair for Moore, Vasquez will probably be around $5 million a season roughly. Don't get me wrong both are good players, but what do you do with Kuper if we signed one of them?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #31
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
If Kuper can't get healthy by the end of training camp, the Broncos have these other four options at RG:
a) Manny Ramirez
b) Philip Blake
c) C.J. Davis
d) Quentin Saulsberry

Worst case scenario is Philip Blake is starting at RG in 2013. I'm comfortable with that. He was playing at RG during last training camp, I'm sure he has been preparing since then. I don't see the Broncos drafting an OL with one of their first 2 picks.
Playing it in training camp doesnt equate to being comfortable. We have the $18 million man back there. Kuper is a question mark on being at 100% or staying at 100%. Blake is a center. I would hope we look at depth from someone who could play guard or both guard and tackle.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #32
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Just what are we trying to improve here?

Does Manning get sacked a whole lot? NO.
Do our RBs get tackled in the backfield? NO.

I understand the need to improve the OL, but not at the cost of young guys like Franklin, Walton, and Beadles who are only getting better and Kuper is going to be fine as well.

The biggest improvement from this offense needs to come from a RB that can actually break off chunks of yardage against 6 man fronts unlike Moreno/Hillman who couldn't, and better speed from the TE position where Dressen/Tamme are average/good players but not game breakers.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #33
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Just what are we trying to improve here?

Does Manning get sacked a whole lot? NO.
Do our RBs get tackled in the backfield? NO.

I understand the need to improve the OL, but not at the cost of young guys like Franklin, Walton, and Beadles who are only getting better and Kuper is going to be fine as well.

The biggest improvement from this offense needs to come from a RB that can actually break off chunks of yardage against 6 man fronts unlike Moreno/Hillman who couldn't, and better speed from the TE position where Dressen/Tamme are average/good players but not game breakers.
I think Elway intends for JT/Green to replace the Decker/Dreesen combo.

There is no bruiser back on the roster..
Old 02-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #34
DENVERDUI55

I know it would be a sin here to even mention but what about releasing Kuper saving some money and signing a guy like Brandon Moore or Vasquez for cheaper? Moore played quite well last year and could be a good stopgap for couple years. Draft OG and OT depth.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #35
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I know it would be a sin here to even mention but what about releasing Kuper saving some money and signing a guy like Brandon Moore or Vasquez for cheaper? Moore played quite well last year and could be a good stopgap for couple years. Draft OG and OT depth.
It was something I mentioned in the OP. $5 million dollars is a serious cap hit..
Old 02-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #36
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
It was something I mentioned in the OP. $5 million dollars is a serious cap hit..
Is that what the hit would be? I thought if he was cut it would save almost all of his salary. If it is a hit he will be safe.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #37
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Is that what the hit would be? I thought if he was cut it would save almost all of his salary. If it is a hit he will be safe.
I'm sorry let me say that correctly.. $5 million is a serious cap hit if he doesn't start.. That's too high priced as a back-up or for him to be on IR.