The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #276
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
So when did you quit your job and take her back to her hometown and get her knocked up?
Glad to see everybody remembers the famous myrtle beach thread.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #277
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

I will say I do appreciate restaurants that have flat panels or newspapers above the urinals.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #278
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
What does that mean

I'm a delivery driver myself (chinese), and I make waiter's wage plus a one dollar delivery fee for all orders under $15. Often, on a big order that is close to the edge of our delivery radius, it probably figures out mathematically that I am paying to deliver the food if they don't tip. Most nights I make out pretty well but it's also highly stressful (many many deliveries and lots of car/foot traffic to maneuver... plus many drunks and people that have busted door bells/buzzers and don't answer their phones [multiple trips, awesome!]).

Long story short, many drivers don't make minimum wage and aside from the conditional delivery fees are not reimbursed for gas/car maintenance. Please tip your delivery drivers if you are satisfied with their service.
Damn, you guys need big tips too?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #279
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
A woman bathroom attendant in a men's bathroom, really, this happens? That's just wrong. I feel horrible for the gal who has that job.

Do women's rooms have bathroom attendants, or just men's rooms? I've been in men's rooms with bathroom attendants before and I never could figure out why they were there. So, are the in the ladies rooms too?
no, because chicks dont tip.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #280
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
A woman bathroom attendant in a men's bathroom, really, this happens? That's just wrong. I feel horrible for the gal who has that job.

Do women's rooms have bathroom attendants, or just men's rooms? I've been in men's rooms with bathroom attendants before and I never could figure out why they were there. So, are the in the ladies rooms too?
Yeah I feel horrible too. Especially when she looks all cold, covered up in only thin suspender straps and $1 bills. We should tell her father, I bet he'd give the what-fer to her employer. Oh wait...
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #281
DENVERDUI55

The one person I won't tip is the urinal attendant. Sorry I can get my own soap, turn the water on and get a paper towel. I will if I use cologne, bum gum or mouthwash, condom, cigarette etc. Now if they are going to hold my pecker while I piss so I don't have to set my beer down it would be a different story.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #282
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
The one person I won't tip is the urinal attendant. Sorry I can get my own soap, turn the water on and get a paper towel. I will if I use cologne, bum gum or mouthwash, condom, cigarette etc. Now if they are going to hold my pecker while I piss so I don't have to set my beer down it would be a different story.
After all, they have to clean the tweezers.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #283
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

15% is standard for 'good enough' service. 10% is the min unless the waiter was beyond terrible or ruined your meal. 20%+ is for better than average on up.

I always try to over tip for the most part, because I know that so many people during a day will under tip, and you need those 1-2 people to come through and make up the difference.

It is really bad at lunch, where you are working almost twice as hard for about a 1/3 to 1/2 what you can make at dinner. Nothing worse than two ladies coming in (not to be sexist, but men are just better tippers), ordering a split appetizer and water, separate checks, and leaving you a buck on a $13 bill.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #284
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Ok, so me and the wife went to the Olive Garden tonight. I was really going to try and tip a nice 20%. Waiter was nice and all, but all he did was take our order, bring our drinks, and bring our salad and breadsticks. Someone else from the back brought us our meal. He checked on us twice and I had to ask for a refill with him standing there looking at my empty glass. Oh yeah, he brings us the check not 5 minutes after we get our meal. Like hurry up, eat and get out. lol. Our meal was $54 and some change. I tipped him $5.00 and that seemed like too much to me for his service. He probably put in a total of 10 minutes worth of work at our table, if that. So that comes out to 30 bucks an hour for him off my tip. Not to mention the other 4 or 5 tables he was working. Hope he enjoys it.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #285
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

15% is standard for 'good enough' service. 10% is the min unless the waiter was beyond terrible or ruined your meal. 20%+ is for better than average on up.

I always try to over tip for the most part, because I know that so many people during a day will under tip, and you need those 1-2 people to come through and make up the difference.

It is really bad at lunch, where you are working almost twice as hard for about a 1/3 to 1/2 what you can make at dinner. Nothing worse than two ladies coming in (not to be sexist, but men are just better tippers), ordering a split appetizer and water, separate checks, and leaving you a buck on a $13 bill.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #286
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Ok, so me and the wife went to the Olive Garden tonight. I was really going to try and tip a nice 20%. Waiter was nice and all, but all he did was take our order, bring our drinks, and bring our salad and breadsticks. Someone else from the back brought us our meal. He checked on us twice and I had to ask for a refill with him standing there looking at my empty glass. Oh yeah, he brings us the check not 5 minutes after we get our meal. Like hurry up, eat and get out. lol. Our meal was $54 and some change. I tipped him $5.00 and that seemed like too much to me for his service. He probably put in a total of 10 minutes worth of work at our table, if that. So that comes out to 30 bucks an hour for him off my tip. Not to mention the other 4 or 5 tables he was working. Hope he enjoys it.
I've seen some incredible rationalization on this board, but this drivel is up near the top.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #287
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
I've seen some incredible rationalization on this board, but this drivel is up near the top.
Well I'm sorry if you don't like it. Next time I'll call the national server tipping hotline for advice before my next tip.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #288
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Why would you apologize to me? You don't make much sense, do you?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #289
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Well I'm sorry if you don't like it. Next time I'll call the national server tipping hotline for advice before my next tip.
You have to remember many people have their own agendas - especially on a topic like tipping. Then you also have those who really have no agenda in the tipping world but giving an overly generous tip can be a way for them to impress (or feel like they are) and look like they're doing a good deed. Just too many different things in play to be offended by some tool trying to call you out.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #290
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I love that tipping more than 9.26% = being overly generous or trying to impress people.

Look, no agenda here. If you don't believe in tipping, that's your personal choice. But just say so. No need for a story to convince people you're right.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #291
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I love that tipping more than 9.26% = being overly generous or trying to impress people.

Look, no agenda here. If you don't believe in tipping, that's your personal choice. But just say so. No need for a story to convince people you're right.
****ty service equals ****ty tip. If he felt the service was poor and gave a poor tip in kind, that's fair. There's a lot of people that want to shout from the mountaintops that they're good tippers, want to come screaming to the defense of anyone that lives off tips, and wants to sell a sob story to anyone that'll listen about the tough life of a tip-earning worker. If you're not one of them, why be a dick because he gave the tip he thought the person earned? Were you watching over his shoulder and know a different story than the one he relayed?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #292
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Why would you apologize to me? You don't make much sense, do you?
Actually, I made perfect sense. You getting bent out of shape because I didn't tip in a way that you would for sub-par service doesn't make you right. I could have just not left him a damn thing and I still would have felt fine.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #293
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Were you watching over his shoulder and know a different story than the one he relayed?
Awe hell, he might have been my server for all I know.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #294
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
****ty service equals ****ty tip. If he felt the service was poor and gave a poor tip in kind, that's fair. There's a lot of people that want to shout from the mountaintops that they're good tippers, want to come screaming to the defense of anyone that lives off tips, and wants to sell a sob story to anyone that'll listen about the tough life of a tip-earning worker. If you're not one of them, why be a dick because he gave the tip he thought the person earned? Were you watching over his shoulder and know a different story than the one he relayed?
No, clearly I wasn't looking over his shoulder. I'm just going by what he typed. He starts saying he really wanted to tip 20%. On his $54 meal, that's $10.80. He left $5 instead. Less than half that. Read his post again. The service doesn't sound bad. The server didn't offer him a drink, that's about it.

Some people you just can't please in this business. They're going to find any reason (i.e., "the bill got brought too early and it totally ruined my night!") to stiff a guy or complain. He probably fished for a free dessert from the manager too.

Here's the thing. No sob story from me. My Dad owns and has owned various restaurants throughout my life. It's what he does. I've done everything from bus to manage. Now again, no sob story. I'm not going to tell you it's so hard. Because it's not. And this isn't a moral issue, either. It's not anyone's responsibility to make sure a waiter has food on his table when he gets home.

But let's not make up things in our heads to justify it. Just be honest. Just say you're not big on tipping. That's fine. This is America. We're free to make our own decisions. That paragraph was him trying to justify his actions to this board. Just be honest, that's all.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #295
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Actually, I made perfect sense. You getting bent out of shape because I didn't tip in a way that you would for sub-par service doesn't make you right. I could have just not left him a damn thing and I still would have felt fine.
And that's your right as an American. But just say you don't like tipping in general. Honesty is the best policy.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #296
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
It was probably around $50 without tax (which is what you tax on, the sub total). So his $5 tip was 10%. He didn't like the service.

While I agree it seemed like some excuses built in ($30 an hour comment was laughable), it wasn't a horrific tip. My question would be, "How did you spend $54 on just two people at Olive Garden?"

BTW, patrons don't tip based on what the waiter did. You tip on everything. Who cares if 2 people served you or 5 people did. They split the tips at the end of the night.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #297
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
You'd just have to pay more for food. Tipping zero percent is never okay.
No, what's not ok is bad service. Tipping has always been a way to show appreciation for good service, basically a job well done. I often tip 30 to 50%, I truly appreciate someone who goes above and beyond to make my visit special.

I will even analyze poor service....it's late in the day, it's extremely busy. Poor service doesn't always mean bad service, it's someone doing the best they can under the circumstances and I will tip them at least 20%. But rudeness and bad service are intolerable. Whether you want to work there or not, if you are pissed at the low wages, if you want to make the money you can in tips, then earn it or find another job. It's not my job to support you, it's yours.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #298
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
It was probably around $50 without tax (which is what you tax on, the sub total). So his $5 tip was 10%. He didn't like the service.

While I agree it seemed like some excuses built in ($30 an hour comment was laughable), it wasn't a horrific tip. My question would be, "How did you spend $54 on just two people at Olive Garden?"

BTW, patrons don't tip based on what the waiter did. You tip on everything. Who cares if 2 people served you or 5 people did. They split the tips at the end of the night.
Correct. The confusing part of his story was his issue with multiple people waiting on him...how in the world does that change your tip
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #299
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
Correct. The confusing part of his story was his issue with multiple people waiting on him...how in the world does that change your tip
I took it more as a "What was the guy doing?" since he wasn't there to take care of them than offense at someone else doing part of the guy's job.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:06 AM   #300
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No, clearly I wasn't looking over his shoulder. I'm just going by what he typed. He starts saying he really wanted to tip 20%. On his $54 meal, that's $10.80. He left $5 instead. Less than half that. Read his post again. The service doesn't sound bad. The server didn't offer him a drink, that's about it.

Some people you just can't please in this business. They're going to find any reason (i.e., "the bill got brought too early and it totally ruined my night!") to stiff a guy or complain. He probably fished for a free dessert from the manager too.

Here's the thing. No sob story from me. My Dad owns and has owned various restaurants throughout my life. It's what he does. I've done everything from bus to manage. Now again, no sob story. I'm not going to tell you it's so hard. Because it's not. And this isn't a moral issue, either. It's not anyone's responsibility to make sure a waiter has food on his table when he gets home.

But let's not make up things in our heads to justify it. Just be honest. Just say you're not big on tipping. That's fine. This is America. We're free to make our own decisions. That paragraph was him trying to justify his actions to this board. Just be honest, that's all.
There's really not that much to do, though. Something like offering (or not offering) a drink can be one of the half dozen interactions you might have with the waitress so it can be quite disproportionate when you look back at the evening's service.

I don't think I realized you were criticizing his story more than just the tip. I interpreted that wrong and thought you were jumping on him for an opportunity to call him cheap. As long as everyone agrees bad service should equal bad tip, I guess we see eye to eye.