The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #476
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
I fear that in the offseason, ANA will not be able to retain both Perry and Getzlaf.
I think Perry stays in ANA, but DET signs Getzlaf to a big, multi-year deal.
I hear a lot of Perry trade rumors. I feel like Anaheim wants to retain Getzlaf and Ryan if they had to choose 2 of the 3. I guess it all depends on the demands. Perry's group and Murray are set to meet sometime soon per XM.

Also, since you are an anaheim fan, thought you would be interested to know the LA Kings offered up a package for Ovie. Bernier, Voynov, Richards was their offer...
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #477
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
I hear a lot of Perry trade rumors. I feel like Anaheim wants to retain Getzlaf and Ryan if they had to choose 2 of the 3. I guess it all depends on the demands. Perry's group and Murray are set to meet sometime soon per XM.

Also, since you are an anaheim fan, thought you would be interested to know the LA Kings offered up a package for Ovie. Bernier, Voynov, Richards was their offer...
When!?!?
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #478
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I wouldn't take that if I were Washington. Ovie brings in a lot of merchandise money/butts in seats regardless of his production.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #479
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Ovie is a guy you can't trade. what i mean by that is you will never be able to justify it to the fan base no matter who you get back.
it's kind of like all those times people said the Cavs should just trade LeBron and then use the pieces back for him to build with.
but you can't justify dealing him to Cavs fans(well, now you can after the decision)
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #480
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

hmm so Columbus finally canned Howson. more than time for that. dude has been horrific in the draft and has not improved the team.

now if the Avs would just fire Sacco.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #481
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Ovie is a guy you can't trade. what i mean by that is you will never be able to justify it to the fan base no matter who you get back.
it's kind of like all those times people said the Cavs should just trade LeBron and then use the pieces back for him to build with.
but you can't justify dealing him to Cavs fans(well, now you can after the decision)
You get one chance to trade Ovie, you have to do it in a year when the team is sucking and you have to put that on him. You have to challenge him to step up and let him fail. Make him captain, give him 25 minutes of icetime. Once he comes up short, you put it all on him and you ship him out for whatever you can get. Right now the only team I can see make that deal is Winnipeg, they have young NHL players, they have top prospects and tons of cap space.

A package of Blake Wheeler, Mark Scheifele, Zach Bogosian and a 1st would do it if the Caps play their cards right.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #482
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
You get one chance to trade Ovie, you have to do it in a year when the team is sucking and you have to put that on him. You have to challenge him to step up and let him fail. Make him captain, give him 25 minutes of icetime. Once he comes up short, you put it all on him and you ship him out for whatever you can get. Right now the only team I can see make that deal is Winnipeg, they have young NHL players, they have top prospects and tons of cap space.

A package of Blake Wheeler, Mark Scheifele, Zach Bogosian and a 1st would do it if the Caps play their cards right.
in truth and logic this is all accurate. but you are not gonna sell the Caps fan base on any of that. you trade Ovie if you want to. ticket sales, merchandise, viewership will all go in the tank.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #483
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Ted cares about a full building. Until that starts to change, he's not trading his money maker.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #484
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Tough one for the Devils tonight, but it's hard to be too upset after winning five in a row. Plus, Carolina has been terrific on this road trip of theirs.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #485
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
hmm so Columbus finally canned Howson. more than time for that. dude has been horrific in the draft and has not improved the team.

now if the Avs would just fire Sacco.
More than Sacco needs to go. Look at the talent level on this team.

Also, here is an interesting website that goes over player salaries etc. How the hell is David Jones getting $4M per year?? Unreal!

http://www.capgeek.com/avalanche/

$17,419,621 under the cap. No reason we can't bring in better talent. Especially when you see guys like Jones making $4M...Kobasew with $1.25M.

Notable players Jones makes more money than: Alexander Edler, Giroux, Luke Schenn, Setoguchi, Marc Staal, makes the same as Joe Pavelski, Brad Stuart, Logan Couture, Douglas Murray, Handzus, Subban, makes the same as Jordan Staal, Travis Zajac, Zubrus the list goes on. I guess they figure after his huge 37 point season last year he earned $4M. But won't give O'Reilly his money. Jones is tearing the league up with his whopping 1 point in 9 games so far this year!

Another O'Reilly article. Its pretty much spot on. This organization is dog ****!

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...be-over/12550/

Last edited by maher_tyler; 02-12-2013 at 09:43 PM..
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #486
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
I fear that in the offseason, ANA will not be able to retain both Perry and Getzlaf.
I think Perry stays in ANA, but DET signs Getzlaf to a big, multi-year deal.
If Perry doesn't start scoring, there wont be big offers for him elsewhere. He is turning into Getzlaf from last season.

Also, Anaheim #1 in the Western Conference and Ovie is a coach killer.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #487
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
More than Sacco needs to go. Look at the talent level on this team.

Also, here is an interesting website that goes over player salaries etc. How the hell is David Jones getting $4M per year?? Unreal!

http://www.capgeek.com/avalanche/

$17,419,621 under the cap. No reason we can't bring in better talent. Especially when you see guys like Jones making $4M...Kobasew with $1.25M.

Notable players Jones makes more money than: Alexander Edler, Giroux, Luke Schenn, Setoguchi, Marc Staal, makes the same as Joe Pavelski, Brad Stuart, Logan Couture, Douglas Murray, Handzus, Subban, makes the same as Jordan Staal, Travis Zajac, Zubrus the list goes on. I guess they figure after his huge 37 point season last year he earned $4M. But won't give O'Reilly his money. Jones is tearing the league up with his whopping 1 point in 9 games so far this year!

Another O'Reilly article. Its pretty much spot on. This organization is dog ****!

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...be-over/12550/
Lacroix needs to go but Sherman has done a solid job as Avs GM.
most of the talent the team has is due to him and Pracey since they took over.
Jones making 4 mil is about right since he was a UFA coming off of back to back 20 goal seasons.

O'Reilly got his feelings hurt and has wanted out since before the lockout but wouldn't directly tell the team til now.
he thought he'd get paid based upon one good season out of three and using defensive stats his agent claims makes him one of the top defensive players in the league.

i do hope that in 2014 Kroenke is forced to sell and the new ownership not only keeps the Avs in Colorado but cleans house completely and kicks Lacroix "Avs way" nepotism country ass to the curb.

of course, if Joey Hishon doesn't get damn near murdered on the ice a few seasons ago by McNabb this franchise looks completely different and has 4 legit top tier C types at the NHL level.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #488
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:

Call me whatever you want but I would take Mike Richards over a floating Ovie.....hated Richards on the Flyers but love him that he's not there.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #489
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
in truth and logic this is all accurate. but you are not gonna sell the Caps fan base on any of that. you trade Ovie if you want to. ticket sales, merchandise, viewership will all go in the tank.
It is all true, that is why the Caps have to suck for a while so viewership and fan interest dies down. This is not something you can do with one bad season, you will need 2 or 3 very bad years at least for this type of thing to come to fruition.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:51 AM   #490
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
honestly I'd love for that to happen. Back before Ovie, the MCI/Verizon or their old building was a GREAT place to watch hockey. People that were there we fans of the game and even if you were sitting next to a Caps fan, you could have a good time talking hockey. Now I'd say 45% of the fans have no clue about hockey but love to "rock the red".....
Old 02-13-2013, 05:53 AM   #491
socalorado
Ring of Famer

VIKTOR FASTH 6-0

Last edited by socalorado; 02-13-2013 at 05:57 AM..
Old 02-13-2013, 06:37 AM   #492
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
When!?!?
I guess when Mcphee was desperate about 2 weeks ago. He was calling around. I believe I mentioned at the time that he was going hard after O'Reilly but I think that one would be tough.

Colorado is looking for a lot AND O'Reilly wants something like 5yrs $5M approximately and colorado doesn't want to budge from the $3.75M range.

Did hear though that Colorado is only offering him up to Eastern Conference teams as of right now.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #493
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I guess when Mcphee was desperate about 2 weeks ago. He was calling around. I believe I mentioned at the time that he was going hard after O'Reilly but I think that one would be tough.

Colorado is looking for a lot AND O'Reilly wants something like 5yrs $5M approximately and colorado doesn't want to budge from the $3.75M range.

Did hear though that Colorado is only offering him up to Eastern Conference teams as of right now.
Wow.
I would much rather have O'Reilly. Even if COL doesnt want to deal him to a western conference team.
How bout them Ducks baby!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #494
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Call me whatever you want but I would take Mike Richards over a floating Ovie.....hated Richards on the Flyers but love him that he's not there.
Haha, it's all good. I agree with SoCalBronco though, I would not pull the trigger on that deal. 7 pts in 5 games now and a goal streak going. I still feel like his demise is greatly exaggerated but I know what you are saying because he does look disinterested more and more.

It is hard to trade him, but Ted probably doesn't want a Jagr situation where he begs someone to take his contract. Leonsis might still tell mcphee pull the trigger
Old 02-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #495
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
If Perry doesn't start scoring, there wont be big offers for him elsewhere. He is turning into Getzlaf from last season.

Also, Anaheim #1 in the Western Conference and Ovie is a coach killer.
well in fairness to Ovechkin, look at the anaheim stable of forwards. Boudreau has a lot to work with like he did here initially, then they psyched themselves out and started to bring in grinders and lesser skilled guys and they asked Boudreau to go more defensive.

Once Boudreau tried to change his style and become captain blood, the players tuned him out.

It was just time for a divorce. No way do the caps beat the Bruins last spring with Boudreau at the helm. Dale Hunter got them to grind, be mentally tough, be physical and run through a wall.

Boudreau still has a lot to prove in the playoffs. You won't be able to win 6-5 games all the time.

We will see, I think he has a better team in Anaheim with more veteran types like Beauchemin, Selanne, Koivu, etc.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #496
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Haha, it's all good. I agree with SoCalBronco though, I would not pull the trigger on that deal. 7 pts in 5 games now and a goal streak going. I still feel like his demise is greatly exaggerated but I know what you are saying because he does look disinterested more and more.

It is hard to trade him, but Ted probably doesn't want a Jagr situation where he begs someone to take his contract. Leonsis might still tell mcphee pull the trigger
I doubt he is traded because as everyone has mentioned, your not going to get true value for him.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #497
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Oh boy SoCal what do you think about Cooke on Karlson?

Between Orpik and Cooke you guys have quite the reputation that's STILL gaining momentum.

Last edited by DivineLegion; 02-13-2013 at 07:35 PM..
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #498
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:

no team is going to trade what the Avs want for ROR and pay him 4 mil. this is going to end badly for ROR unless he smartens up and takes the deal.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #499
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Oh boy SoCal what do you think about Cooke on Karlson?

Between Orpik and Cooke you guys have quite the reputation that's STILL gaining momentum.
Matt Cooke is a piece of ****. And so is any other player that is similar to him. Players like Matt Cooke should be kicked out of this league. Ridiculous. Look at the replay; anyone with a brain can see Cooke's intent to stomp Karlsson. **** that little b****. We don't need players like that b**** taking out star players with intent. I'm furious
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #500
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
Tough one for the Devils tonight, but it's hard to be too upset after winning five in a row. Plus, Carolina has been terrific on this road trip of theirs.
I think it's the old Boxer strategy of not having sex for a week before a fight, so your testosterone is through the roof. After two weeks on the road, we play our best game off a back to back,which was also our 3rd game in 4 nights. The Canes definitely saved their best game of the season for the Devils, but we always seem to play harder against the Devils.

There isn't a lot you can do against our first line right now. Jiri Tlusty getting hot, with an already scorching Staal, and Alexander Semin at any temperature is just a deadly combination. Cam Wards insatiable ability to out duel Marty helps too.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote