The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #51
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Indeed. The libtards are a special kind of sick.
Liberals have no limits in their desire to advance their political ideals. For example, it's perfectly fine to gloat about the home invasion and rape of a 71 year old gun-owning woman because it gives an anecdotal undermining of the second amendment. Doesn't matter that a law abiding geriatric was raped by a felonious sexual predator. What matters is the bigger picture: guns and gun owners are the enemy and must be destroyed... even if a few grandmas have to be raped and paraded about on the internet to get there.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #52
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Liberals have no limits in their desire to advance their political ideals. For example, it's perfectly fine to gloat about the home invasion and rape of a 71 year old gun-owning woman because it gives an anecdotal undermining of the second amendment. Doesn't matter that a law abiding geriatric was raped by a felonious sexual predator. What matters is the bigger picture: guns and gun owners are the enemy and must be destroyed... even if a few grandmas have to be raped and paraded about on the internet to get there.
Doesn't seem like you have a limit either.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #53
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Doesn't seem like you have a limit either.
This is the thread where you lawlz about granny getting raped because politics. Welcome home.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #54
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
This is the thread where you lawlz about granny getting raped because politics. Welcome home.
I'm laughing at the responses W*GS has gotten, not the situation itself.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #55
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
I'm laughing at the responses W*GS has gotten, not the situation itself.
So you are laughing that some people get offended at the political capitalization of granny getting raped, but you are not specifically laughing at granny getting raped. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #56
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
So you are laughing that some people get offended at the political capitalization of granny getting raped, but you are not specifically laughing at granny getting raped. Thanks for the clarification.
I am laughing at a few individuals who feel like they have moral high ground to stand on when certain posts, threads and situations in the past would suggest otherwise.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #57
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
I am laughing at the fact that a few individuals feel like they a moral high ground to stand on when certain posts, threads and situations in the past would suggest otherwise.
Lol. Those hypocrites and their moral high ground when it comes to judging those who celebrate geriatric rapists.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #58
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Lol. Those hypocrites and their moral high ground when it comes to judging those who celebrate geriatric rapists.
Nobody was celebrating the rapist. I think you missed W*GS point completely. Care to take a stab at what it was?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #59
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Nobody was celebrating the rapist. I think you missed W*GS point completely. Care to take a stab at what it was?
The point is that it's thread worthy on the OrangeMane when a gun wielding geriatric gets raped in spite of the gun, and it gives an anecdotal reason to gloat at the expense of gun owners.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #60
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
The point is that it's thread worthy on the OrangeMane when a gun wielding geriatric gets raped in spite of the gun, and it gives an anecdotal reason to gloat at the expense of gun owners.
Strike one.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #61
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Strike one.
Lol. RKBA in action!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #62
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Lol. RKBA in action!
Bongs.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #63
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
And yet had she blown the guy away it would have been politicized by the NRA and the right as the perfect argument for the unlimited freedom of the 2nd amendment. So. Yes I think you missed the point.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #64
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
And yet had she blown the guy away it would have been politicized by the NRA and the right as the perfect argument for the unlimited freedom of the 2nd amendment. So. Yes I think you missed the point.
So I will count you in with W*gs and Req as being glad that granny didn't actually shoot a home invader/rapist, because it would have been a political win for the NRA. Also noteworthy, granny was raped specifically and only because she was unable to shoot her attacker. Again, this speaks to the fact that liberals do not care about details as long as the political agenda is served. Granny gets raped? No problem as long as it wasn't my granny and it agrees with my world view.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #65
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
So I will count you in with W*gs and Req as being glad that granny didn't actually shoot a home invader/rapist, because it would have been a political win for the NRA. Also noteworthy, granny was raped specifically and only because she was unable to shoot her attacker. Again, this speaks to the fact that liberals do not care about details as long as the political agenda is served. Granny gets raped? No problem as long as it wasn't my granny and it agrees with my world view.
I normally like your posts and agree with a lot of them but you went 100% myopic on this one. You only want to read into what the 3 of us have said to fit your own paradigm. I don't know the other guys but I can bet that like me they are reviled by what happened and wish she had killed the muthereffer. But to deny the position of he NRA, especially in view of their recent rhetoric, and how this would have been used to point out how the left is trying to disarm Americans is disingenuous. To only argue from the point that we take glee in what happened just makes you come across as being small, but you seem pretty intransigent on this point, so think what you will.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #66
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
I normally like your posts and agree with a lot of them but you went 100% myopic on this one. You only want to read into what the 3 of us have said to fit your own paradigm. I don't know the other guys but I can bet that like me they are reviled by what happened and wish she had killed the muthereffer. But to deny the position of he NRA, especially in view of their recent rhetoric, and how this would have been used to point out how the left is trying to disarm Americans is disingenuous. To only argue from the point that we take glee in what happened just makes you come across as being small, but you seem pretty intransigent on this point, so think what you will.
Make a choice between the following situations:

Situation 1: anonymous granny confronts home invader and would-be rapist with semi-auto high capacity gun, kills intruder with said gun after 30 shots. NRA exploits situation and publicizes this scenario as a reason to own a semi-automatic gun with high capacity magazine and vote republican. Majority of populous votes republican based only on this issue.

Situation 2: gun wielding anonymous granny is overpowered by home invader and raped in spite of her gun. Liberals successfully use situation as a reason to convince populous to vote democrat and strict gun control.

Which situation would you choose?

Last edited by Dr. Broncenstein; 02-12-2013 at 11:00 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 05:40 AM   #67
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You're being dishonest, Doc. You know perfectly well that no one is "celebrat[ing] geriatric rapists." What's being (rightly) lampooned is how the gun nuts think everyone who's packing morphs into Dirty Harry. Everyone walking around cocked and loaded doesn't solve anything, as this incident sadly demonstrates. Save the sanctimony.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 02-13-2013 at 05:43 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #68
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
You're being dishonest, Doc. You know perfectly well that no one is "celebrat[ing] geriatric rapists." What's being (rightly) lampooned is how the gun nuts think everyone who's packing morphs into Dirty Harry. Everyone walking around cocked and loaded doesn't solve anything, as this incident sadly demonstrates. Save the sanctimony.
RKBA in action!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #69
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
RKBA in action!
How Doc imagines himself when the bad guys roll into town:

Old 02-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #70
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
How Doc imagines himself when the bad guys roll into town:

Lol. Not even close. For the "bad guys rolling into town" I have an Armalite AR 10 with multiple 25 round mags, and a mossburg 12 gauge pump. Thats after they get past my gate and rhodesian ridgeback dog. Two revolvers would be for target practice.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:16 AM   #71
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Lol. Not even close. For the "bad guys rolling into town" I have an Armalite AR 10 with multiple 25 round mags, and a mossburg 12 gauge pump. Thats after they get past my gate and rhodesian ridgeback dog. Two revolvers would be for target practice.
Fair enough
Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #72
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Ding, ding, ding! What do we have for him, Johnny?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #73
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Police far better armed than granny get killed in the line of duty all the time. Guess they should just stop carrying. What's the point?

In Wagstopia, Granny would've just realized right off the bat how powerless she was, and maybe would've had time to request a glass of wine or some mood music first, instead of wasting all that time trying to shoot a rapist.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #74
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Make a choice between the following situations:

Situation 1: anonymous granny confronts home invader and would-be rapist with semi-auto high capacity gun, kills intruder with said gun after 30 shots. NRA exploits situation and publicizes this scenario as a reason to own a semi-automatic gun with high capacity magazine and vote republican. Majority of populous votes republican based only on this issue.

Situation 2: gun wielding anonymous granny is overpowered by home invader and raped in spite of her gun. Liberals successfully use situation as a reason to convince populous to vote democrat and strict gun control.

Which situation would you choose?
No thanks, but it does prove my point that you are being myopic about what I posted

First I reject the notion of your binary proposal, that there are only two outcomes, especially based off the context of what I wrote.
Second I also reject your forced choice outcome.

Iíll take a third option, one in line with my beliefs and what I posted.

The minute the dude entered her house he forfeited his right to life in my opinion. 71 year old grandma now has a range of options available to her from doing nothing, to maiming, to dismembering him piece by blown away piece, or a killshot. Police come, congratulate her on her choice and marksmanship clean up and go home. She gets whatever assistance she needs, if any, to cope with the fact she chose to kill a guy. Story makes newspaper, she gets town support and it ends there. No politics, no grandstanding no making her a poster child for anything.

So Iím curious what would you choose?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #75
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
No guarantee-When I come over to your house to rape you would you like to have a gun?

Just so you understand having that gun does not guarantee I don't penetrate your anus.
Very mature.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote