The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #176
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Jared Loughner shooting spree: OMG its because we have vitriolic free speech from conservatives and access to guns. We must end conservative free speech and right to bear arms.

Dorner shooting spree after posting manifesto idolizing liberals by name, wishing horrible death upon Wayne LaPierre and his family: Move along, nothing to see here except the obvious racism that caused this modern day Django to become unchained. Go Dorner!
How the **** did you make this about liberals vs. conservatives?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #177
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Dorner is cornered now. They have him in their sights near Big Bear, CA. Exchanging fire with him now, but authorities taking it slow for fear of collateral damage.
I'm sure it makes the two wounded ladies the LAPD shot feel much better that they are "taking it slow for fear of collateral damage".
Old 02-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #178
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
How exactly do you define terrorism?

The original murders weren't necessarily terrorism but the manifesto and all his pledges were definitely marks of terrorism.
There's been whack jobs in our history with manifestos & pledges,it doesn't make them a terrorist.
Terrorist acts are what McVeigh did,or whatever that woman's name is that bombed a abortion clinic. Terrorists are motivated by religion and/or politics.

This guy corner believed he was conspired against by racist colleagues,which led to him losing his job.
By definition he's a mentally unstable guy that went postal,for lack of better word. Not a terrorist.

Last edited by peacepipe; 02-12-2013 at 04:39 PM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #179
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Speak for yourself,Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist. Abortion clinic bombers,abortion Dr. Killers are terrorist are all white from what I've seen.

With apologies to Eddie Murphy -

"Oh, there they go....there they go...every damn time I start talking 'bout terrorists a white liberal gotta pull timothy mcveigh out their ass....that's their one, Timothy Mcveigh, Timothy mcveigh...."
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #180
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

"Oh, there they go....there they go...every damn time I start talking 'bout terrorists a white liberal gotta pull timothy mcveigh out their ass....that's their one, Timothy Mcveigh, Timothy mcveigh...."
BTW,I'm Puerto rican.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #181
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
How the **** did you make this about liberals vs. conservatives?
He's not saying it's a sane argument. He's pointing out that when someone who writes conservative BS kills the media focuses on it. Hell they even report it when it not true because they want it to be true. It makes a great story for them. But in this case they don't focus at all on his support for liberals. They focus on the fact he mentioned race.

But I don't think Broncostien in any way was saying either way is logical. He's pointing out how illogical the media coverage is.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #182
errand
Ring of Famer

Evidently around noon PST doener tried to car jack to women, they escaped unharmed, but alerted police, he had two fire fights with game wardens and San Bernandino sheriff's deputies, wounding two of them.....he then holed up in unoccupied cabin(s) near Bear Lake.

Police fear he might be able to make a break for it during nightfall....and most alleged experts feel that if this ends peacefully Doerner will have to initiate a surrender....

Police have asked media to stop tweeting their movements and strength/equipment because he may not have access to land line phone, TV or internet, he may have mobile phone able to get twitter.....
Old 02-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #183
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

McVeigh
Nichols
Eric Robert Rudolph
Francis g Grady
Shelly Shannon
All terrorist.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #184
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
There's been whack jobs in our history with manifestos & pledges,it doesn't make them a terrorist.
Terrorist acts are what McVeigh did,or whatever that woman's name is that bombed a abortion clinic. Terrorists are motivated by religion and/or politics.

This guy corner believed he was conspired against by racist colleagues,which led to him losing his job.
By definition he's a mentally unstable guy that went postal,for lack of better word. Not a terrorist.
Gotcha.

So terrorists just use bombs.

And just a hint... you're wrong on this one, I'm just being nice. I wouldn't advise you precede any of these statements with "by definition".
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #185
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I hope they kill this ****er tonight. Of course from what i hear he has a couple hostages.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #186
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I hope they kill this ****er tonight. Of course from what i hear he has a couple hostages.
I think he's fled into a cabin that was unoccupied. From what it sounds like, they're willing to let him take himself out or let the cabin burn with him inside it. They're not risking letting him take anyone else down with him.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #187
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
McVeigh
Nichols
Eric Robert Rudolph
Francis g Grady
Shelly Shannon
All terrorist.
It was a joke dude....but carry on with your agenda.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #188
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I will say though, if he has any hope of avoiding thermals or NVGs, having a bright light (and heat) source nearby would be his only hope. It's possible he's got a scheme in this. If he gets away, he'll be a superhero by morning.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #189
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
McVeigh
Nichols
Eric Robert Rudolph
Francis g Grady
Shelly Shannon
All terrorist.
so was the guy who helped launched Obama's political career, William Ayers...but you liberals always seem to forget that mother****er huh?
Old 02-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #190
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Dude is about to pull a Houdini. Anyway... biggest terrorist in US history... G.W.Bush!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #191
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Defining terrorism.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #192
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
so was the guy who helped launched Obama's political career, William Ayers...but you liberals always seem to forget that mother****er huh?
Blah,blah,blah More BS from the right-wing fringe.
I can't remember her name,but a convicted domestic terrorist was actually invited & attended the 2004 RNC convention. When I feel like wasting my time on you,I'll look it up.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #193
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Now they're reporting he's dead in the burnt cabin.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #194
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Terrorists are motivated by religion and/or politics
generally, yes. and this guy is motivated by politics.

but terrorism is a tactic, not a motivation. coercion by violence toward an established social end with the intent of disrupting a certain systemic behavior.

of course, if he's hiding out in a forest and taking hostages, he's also proven himself to be full of more than a little **** when he's forced to confront his own mortality.

Last edited by extralife; 02-12-2013 at 06:52 PM..
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #195
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
BTW,I'm Puerto rican.
Gross.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #196
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Blah,blah,blah More BS from the right-wing fringe.
I can't remember her name,but a convicted domestic terrorist was actually invited & attended the 2004 RNC convention. When I feel like wasting my time on you,I'll look it up.
Read it and weep.....

In the late Sixties, Ayers became a leader of the Weather Underground (WU), a splinter faction of the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS). Characterizing WU as “an American Red Army,” Ayers summed up the organization's ideology as follows: “Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, Kill your parents.” One of Ayers' fellow WU leaders was Bernardine Dohrn, the woman who would later become his wife.

Ayers was an active participant in the 1969 “Days of Rage” riots in Chicago, which were led by WU's antecedent group, Weatherman. In the mayhem, nearly 300 members of the organization engaged in vandalism, arson, and vicious attacks against police and civilians alike. Their immediate objective was to spread their anti-war, anti-American message. Their long-term goal, however, was to cause the collapse of the United States and to create, in its stead, a new communist society over which they themselves would rule. With regard to those Americans who might refuse to embrace communism, Ayers and his comrades -- including Bernardine Dohrn, Mark Rudd, Linda Evans, Jeff Jones, and numerous others -- proposed that such resisters should be sent to reeducation camps and killed. The terrorists estimated that it would be necessary to eliminate some 25 million people in this fashion, so as to advance the revolution.

In 1970, Ayers’ then-girlfriend Diana Oughton, along with Weatherman members Terry Robbins and Ted Gold, were killed when a bomb they were constructing exploded unexpectedly. That bomb had been intended for detonation at a dance that was to be attended by hundreds of Army soldiers at Fort Dix, New Jersey.

Ayers himself attested that the bomb would have done serious damage, “tearing through windows and walls and, yes, people too.” Notably, Ayers' fingerprints were found at the bomb-making site, along with an assortment of anti-personnel weapons, stabbing implements, C-4 plastic explosive, and dozens of Marxist-Leninist publications.

After the death of his girlfriend, Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn spent the rest of the decade as fugitives running from the FBI.

All told, Ayers and the Weather Underground were responsible for 30 bombings aimed at destroying the defense and security infrastructures of the U.S. "I don't regret setting bombs," said Ayers in 2001, "I feel we didn't do enough." Contemplating whether or not he might again use bombs against the U.S. sometime in the future, he wrote: “I can’t imagine entirely dismissing the possibility.”
Old 02-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #197
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Ayers is a POS for sure. But he's buddies with BO so it's all good.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #198
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Oh, the guy burned alive? Darn. I wish we could have kept him alive and strung out his trial for five years.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #199
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
generally, yes. and this guy is motivated by politics.

but terrorism is a tactic, not a motivation. coercion by violence toward an established social end with the intent of disrupting a certain systemic behavior.

of course, if he's hiding out in a forest and taking hostages, he's also proven himself to be full of more than a little **** when he's forced to confront his own mortality.
What politics? The guy went apes hit over getting fired,that's not politics.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #200
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
What politics? The guy went apes hit over getting fired,that's not politics.
his manifesto was predicated upon systemic racism and police oppression and brutality. his stated goal was to expose the realities of certain systems. he threatened targeted rather than indiscriminate violence, based on the beliefs of certain parties. that is another name for assassinations. he went public.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote