The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 AM   #451
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

That was probably the best game the Devils played this year. Would be huge to win today too. I'd take a point though.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #452
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
That was probably the best game the Devils played this year. Would be huge to win today too. I'd take a point though.
I didn't watch the game but I heard Crosby elbowed someone in the head? Ironic, the guy with concussion issues is going around flinging his elbows, wouldn't expect anything less.

I'm sure all was kept quiet about it right? Don't want Bettman and Co. after you...
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #453
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Huge win for Detroit. Ahead 2-1 for nearly 40 minutes, with less 60 seconds to go the Kings tie it and with 5 seconds to go Johnny Ericson hammers a slapshot that barely squeezes through the 5-hole and trickles over the line, didn't even have enough juice to make it all the way to the back of the net.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #454
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Joe Morrow called up for tonights game. I've been waiting to see him for awhile. Should be even better than Despres.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #455
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Very disappointed not to get a single point in this home and home. We played quite well in the first but didn't get anything to show for it and NJ took over from there.

8-5 is still ok but need another multiple game win streak. I really want Bennett brought up. Was surprised not to see Morrow after I read he was brought up
Old 02-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #456
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Anyone in the Denver area hear anything on the radio etc about the O'Reilly situation?? Are they close to a deal..wtf is going on I looked on the official webpage, nhl.com etc and not seeing anything.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #457
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Carlyle is building the leafs into one b**** of a team to play against. They still need some more top end talent mainly at center but they are a b**** to play against.

Reimer is serviceable but he got hurt tonight. Don't think they can win with Scrivens for more than a few games.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #458
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Heck of a road trip for the canes 7 of a possible 10 points so far, with only one game to play. 9 out of a possible 12 on a 6 game road trip would be out of this world. Alexander Semin is an outstanding play maker, and is worth every penny of the 7 mil the Canes gave him.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #459
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Wondering when if ever the Avs give O'Bryne a healthy scratch. Turnover that lead to a goal and a cross check as the puck was moving up ice to put Coyotes on a 5 on 3. Every game this stuff happens.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #460
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

You know it's a long season when the puck deflects of the refs skate in the Avs zone to Phoenix and scores to end the game in OT.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #461
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Heck of a road trip for the canes 7 of a possible 10 points so far, with only one game to play. 9 out of a possible 12 on a 6 game road trip would be out of this world. Alexander Semin is an outstanding play maker, and is worth every penny of the 7 mil the Canes gave him.
The key with Semin is to get consistency. All too often he disappeared during stretches of an 82 game season and also the playoffs.

IMO, he has the most talented skill set in the league but he has to want to play. I think it benefits him that this is a 48 game season, he shouldn't have too many lulls.

FWIW, I also believe the caps organization is mainly at fault. Sure Semin has his flaws, just like any player but the fact that he is fitting in Carolina just shows how ****ed up the caps organization is.

This is what always happens. The players end up flourishing elsewhere because the caps have no clue how to handle players. Ovie will also be a "rejuvinated" 40+ goal scorer if traded to another organization.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #462
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
The key with Semin is to get consistency. All too often he disappeared during stretches of an 82 game season and also the playoffs.

IMO, he has the most talented skill set in the league but he has to want to play. I think it benefits him that this is a 48 game season, he shouldn't have too many lulls.

FWIW, I also believe the caps organization is mainly at fault. Sure Semin has his flaws, just like any player but the fact that he is fitting in Carolina just shows how ****ed up the caps organization is.

This is what always happens. The players end up flourishing elsewhere because the caps have no clue how to handle players. Ovie will also be a "rejuvinated" 40+ goal scorer if traded to another organization.
Fovie (Fat Ovie) would not be a 40+ scorer any team unless the create a new cherry picker rule. He has the same move set he had as a rookie and no longer has the speed to capitalize on it. Enter the blue line, curl back or look to take it between the hash marks for a shot.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #463
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:

Granted we have only seen a small sample size, I think chemistry has a great deal of effect on a players effort level. The Hurricanes organization is notorious for getting the most out of retreads like Semin. This sort of player recycling stems from the organizations means of treating players as individuals. It starts with Ron Francis, and goes down as far as our media prognosticators ie Trip Tracy. Its my understanding that Bruce Buedro (sp?) had a great relationship with Semin, and actually felt he was one of the best players on the team. Sometimes its a locker room atmosphere too, the canes have always had a great locker room, and that could be whats in effect here. The common message in the organization has always been team.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #464
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Fovie (Fat Ovie) would not be a 40+ scorer any team unless the create a new cherry picker rule. He has the same move set he had as a rookie and no longer has the speed to capitalize on it. Enter the blue line, curl back or look to take it between the hash marks for a shot.
Yup, he needs to get much better at finding open space, he has an excellent shot but he is definitely no Brett Hull when it comes to finding open ice.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #465
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Tonight top 2 teams in the West go at it (unless standings changed last night). Blackhawks and Ducks. Tough roadie for the Ducks as they still have to play Chicago, Detroit and Nashville.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #466
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Yup, he needs to get much better at finding open space, he has an excellent shot but he is definitely no Brett Hull when it comes to finding open ice.
Ovie has his faults for sure but I guarantee you both he is a 40+ guy elsewhere. He has been broken down in DC for various reasons some on him and some on the org.

He has checked out of here in my eyes. He does show spurts of old ovie but I think subconsciously he has checked out.

Between Leonsis/Patrick/McPhee this org is a hot mess. Ovie will blow back up in a different environment.

It's his fault as well as the org's fault, but I have no doubts he lights it up in another environment. His demise is greatly exaggerated. He had 38 goals last season under defense coach Dale hunter in limited ice time no less
Old 02-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #467
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Granted we have only seen a small sample size, I think chemistry has a great deal of effect on a players effort level. The Hurricanes organization is notorious for getting the most out of retreads like Semin. This sort of player recycling stems from the organizations means of treating players as individuals. It starts with Ron Francis, and goes down as far as our media prognosticators ie Trip Tracy. Its my understanding that Bruce Buedro (sp?) had a great relationship with Semin, and actually felt he was one of the best players on the team. Sometimes its a locker room atmosphere too, the canes have always had a great locker room, and that could be whats in effect here. The common message in the organization has always been team.

Yep agreed; spot on.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #468
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Ovie has his faults for sure but I guarantee you both he is a 40+ guy elsewhere. He has been broken down in DC for various reasons some on him and some on the org.

He has checked out of here in my eyes. He does show spurts of old ovie but I think subconsciously he has checked out.

Between Leonsis/Patrick/McPhee this org is a hot mess. Ovie will blow back up in a different environment.

It's his fault as well as the org's fault, but I have no doubts he lights it up in another environment. His demise is greatly exaggerated. He had 38 goals last season under defense coach Dale hunter in limited ice time no less
I agree he is still one the most talented players in the world, he is not Todd Bertuzzi who had one or two hot seasons riding the coat tails of someone else.

He does need a change of scenery, he also needs the right system, he is not a dump and chase player or a puck possession type of guy. He needs to be set up in quick transition through the neutral zone so he can move in with room to unleash his shot. I think the way the Blues are playing would be a really good fit for him but Hitch would probably not be the right coach for him.

I can't see a really good fit for him right now other than New Jersey, they play transition hockey and he wouldn't be asked to be the face of the franchise right away (it is Brodeurs team). New Jersey doesn't have the money or bait to trade for him though.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #469
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:

2 things about Ovie that are very apparent now. Even when he was scoring, he was a high volume shooter (needing many shots to score his goals) and he was a bigger hitter (not a bone crunching hitter but he threw his weight around). As he has gotten older, he does not have the speed to get to his shooting spots (and defenses have limited his access to said spots) and doesn't hit as much (in part due to loss of footspeed). You can blame system changes on some of that but his inability to adept his game as he's aged hasn't helped at all.

These things are not going to change. Putting him on the Wings would increase his scoring chances but again because he had to shoot so much to score in the first place, would not allows mean more goals.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #470
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

The problem is that GMGM has no real plan or idea of what he's looking for. That's why you see him go from a coach like to Boudreau to nearly a complete opposite in Hunter.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #471
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I agree he is still one the most talented players in the world, he is not Todd Bertuzzi who had one or two hot seasons riding the coat tails of someone else.

He does need a change of scenery, he also needs the right system, he is not a dump and chase player or a puck possession type of guy. He needs to be set up in quick transition through the neutral zone so he can move in with room to unleash his shot. I think the way the Blues are playing would be a really good fit for him but Hitch would probably not be the right coach for him.

I can't see a really good fit for him right now other than New Jersey, they play transition hockey and he wouldn't be asked to be the face of the franchise right away (it is Brodeurs team). New Jersey doesn't have the money or bait to trade for him though.

NJ is a forechecking/cycling team.....same as NY and Boston.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #472
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Av's suck.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #473
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
NJ is a forechecking/cycling team.....same as NY and Boston.
They don't cycle as much as the Rangers or Bruins I would say. They do forecheck aggressively and set up quickly.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #474
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
2 things about Ovie that are very apparent now. Even when he was scoring, he was a high volume shooter (needing many shots to score his goals) and he was a bigger hitter (not a bone crunching hitter but he threw his weight around). As he has gotten older, he does not have the speed to get to his shooting spots (and defenses have limited his access to said spots) and doesn't hit as much (in part due to loss of footspeed). You can blame system changes on some of that but his inability to adept his game as he's aged hasn't helped at all.

These things are not going to change. Putting him on the Wings would increase his scoring chances but again because he had to shoot so much to score in the first place, would not allows mean more goals.
Well he is also playing with trash (up until they put him with ribiero).

It's an interesting discussion and everyone will have different opinions. Funny you mention detroit; I think in that org he can put up 40+ easy and probably get in that close to 50 range, but again that's my opinion from what I know of ovechkin and the structure/style of detroit
Old 02-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #475
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Well he is also playing with trash (up until they put him with ribiero).

It's an interesting discussion and everyone will have different opinions. Funny you mention detroit; I think in that org he can put up 40+ easy and probably get in that close to 50 range, but again that's my opinion from what I know of ovechkin and the structure/style of detroit
I fear that in the offseason, ANA will not be able to retain both Perry and Getzlaf.
I think Perry stays in ANA, but DET signs Getzlaf to a big, multi-year deal.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote