The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #14
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Watson has played in 20 football games in his life. Twelve out of fourteen this year with the Seminoles. He's an absolute freak, but extremely raw and will be a 25 year old rookie. He is going to get over drafted because of he will likely go off at Indianapolis and has all-world athleticism. For someone so new to football, he was quite impressive this year at Florida State. He has only played RT and I expect that to continue into the NFL. He has good mobility and would be an ideal fit for a heavy ZBS.

He received a second round grade from the advisory committee, but I think Watson is a tough sell for a team in the first round. You really have to believe he is going to be a difference maker. I don't see it. He was good for his limited experience, but he missed some key blocks this year and had trouble on picking up assignments in the next level. Mentally I just don't think he is all there yet. Too big of a gamble in regards to ROI. You could consider him at the end of second if there aren't better options under the premise that Franklin is moved inside -- but I just don't see that happening unless Kuper doesn't get better.

Watson simply isn't a realistic option for us @ 28. I don't see how it helps the team out immediately -- which is what a first pick should do.

Just my two cents as a Noles fan.
Watson has a tremendous talent, almost like Ezekiel Ansah. The problem is OL have to be consistent every down players and most teams believe he does not have the exeperience to start Right away in the NFL. I am not so sure he could not start at RT right away in some places with huge RT problems.

What I would do is call him a Horrible value pick before the late second round. He is so much like Bruce Campbell of Maryland coming out to me. Immensely talented, but not technically sound enough to play and impact right away. Campbell lasted to the fourth round and with such a solid OL group I think late third to early fourth is where he will really get picked. Heck the raiders traded Campbell to the Panthers last year after a slow start for him.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: