The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #51
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Nice edit, yet that was unfortunately what happened.
Not really. It's not at all unheard of throughout history to expel or put in internment a migrant group based on emergency security measures of the present time, especially during war. I don't think simplistic label slapping cuts it.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #52
nyuk nyuk

You know, I recall clearly back in the summer of 2008 a bunch of Obamabots declaring that Obama would bring up Bush on war crimes charges.

I'm still wondering where those folks went.

Oh and Gitmo is still open.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #53
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Not really. It's not at all unheard of throughout history to expel or put in internment a migrant group based on emergency security measures of the present time, especially during war. I don't think simplistic label slapping cuts it.
Really? Then explain why German Americans weren't interned.
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #54
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

No doubt about it the way we treated japanese Americans was shameful in ww2. I have visited the camp in CA they sent them all to. Very sobering to learn how Americans were deprived of their rights for absolutely no reason.

Japanese were seen as sneaky and German americans were not. Its that simple. It was rooted in racism and one of our darker decisions as a country.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #55
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Once again, we can only look back at history with a cold eye. We don't feel the passions they felt after the attack on Pearl Harbor. The directive addressed two issues, to prevent espionage and to protect persons of Japanese descent from harm at the hands of Americans who had strong anti-Japanese attitudes. Sure it was illegal. So was Lincoln's suspension of habeas corpus during the Civil War. Too bad the world is not perfect. Unfortunately, it's full of crazy apes.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #56
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Once again, we can only look back at history with a cold eye. We don't feel the passions they felt after the attack on Pearl Harbor. The directive addressed two issues, to prevent espionage and to protect persons of Japanese descent from harm at the hands of Americans who had strong anti-Japanese attitudes. Sure it was illegal. So was Lincoln's suspension of habeas corpus during the Civil War. Too bad the world is not perfect. Unfortunately, it's full of crazy apes.
You can understand why something happened and still say it was a dark time and not the right thing to do. FDR is no hero and Lincoln is overated. The movie I mean not the President.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #57
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
We felt like that after the WTC and we refrained from rounding up muslims. They gave us the patriot act and homeland security instead.

Hmmm maybe we should have rounded up muslims.