The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #51
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The ratings for the first season of six episodes was 5 million.

Season 2 opened at 7+ and finished at 9.

Season three opened at almost 11 mil. It's been pretty steady. Now were just asking or are you one those people that don't like when something becomes popular?

Who cares if we argue about zombies? Why do you get to decided what people should and shouldn't talk about? It's offseason. If you don't like the topic, don't come into the thread to b**** about it.

Seriously? I was asking because i was interested in how the buzz built. You're such a little b****.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #52
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesnyde View Post
I didn't have cable so I caught it on Netflix so I guess I was a buzzard.
The show is really getting huge. I notice anyone who i tell to watch it comes back totally hooked. Lol its a tv show it doesn't matter when you started it was just a question.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #53
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
That's why I couldn't follow that show; The characters do stuff that makes no sense. If the zombie apocalypse happens, first thing I do is go to the local national guard armory with my friends and family, pick up a few M113 armored personnel carriers with extra diesel cans and assorted spare parts. Mount .50 cals on each one, and load up on various other weapons and lots of ammo. Also grab a few deuce and a halfs to stock with food, water, diesel motor/generator units, entertainment stuff, agricultural supplies, livestock (chickens, pigs, etc.), a few German Shepards always come in handy too. Then, I lead a convoy to the Long Beach docks, drive my rolling stock up onto the Catalina Island ferry (maybe it takes a couple of trips?) and sail on over to Avalon Bay. Unload. Clear the island of any zombies that might be there, from one end to the other. Take up residence in the Wrigley Mansion up on Mount Ada and live happily ever after enjoying the view.

You do realize Catalina Island has people there too. Sure you could clear the thousands there much easier then on the mainland.

I love the show and waiting tonight for it. Good Late Sunday night fun.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #54
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Seriously? I was asking because i was interested in how the buzz built. You're such a little b****.
Wow, this could be that we are talking about the popularity of Chris Kuper over a few years and Kaylore vs Cutthemdown are at it again.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #55
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Strictly speaking from a logical standpoint, I agree. Magical zombies are the only kind that make sense long term. Still, Walking Dead is a great show.
I wonder if TSIGUY still sees Unicorns and Rainbows when he sees pictures of mCd?

I am Kidding TSI, you have turned it around since then.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #56
rmsanger
Ring of Famer

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Dawn of the Dead/Day of the dead zombies learned how to swim or walk under water. I wonder if other zombies could adapt to find their food source.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #57
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

BTW I thought the kFc season was over back in October?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #58
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
You would post your APCs with their 50 cals at high points around the island. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult to find a doctor. You'd have to set up security. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to go into Marina del Rey and grab a couple of Cigarette boats, mount some guns on them, and have them on patrol.
Should I just start calling you the governor now!
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #59
CHANGSTER
You are a pizza burn...

on the roof of the world's mouth

Quote:
Nope. Those were zombies.

Those were pretty much vampires. The novel has them portrayed as savage vampires basically. Harmed by light, mirrors, garlic etc.
CHANGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #60
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

At some point you would think gasoline would become more scarce or just go bad. How long does gas stay good for?

And no Kaylore i am not saying the show is lame I am really asking how long of a shelf life does gasoline have.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #61
CHANGSTER
You are a pizza burn...

on the roof of the world's mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Declaration of nerdiness: been on this ish since #1 hit the stands and didn't think twice until #100 a few months ago. (Despite being okay with Kirkman killing off characters, he finally delivered the coup de grace to one of my untouchables.) I've since gotten to the acceptance stage and started reading again.

I think the TV show finally found its footing towards the end of season 2 and continued pretty well into the first half of season 3. Looking forward to it!
Yeah, same here. That issue really left a bad taste in my mouth. Shock value thrown in because of the number of the issue. Took me a few issues to back in the groove.
CHANGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #62
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
BTW I thought the kFc season was over back in October?
There is only ever one season for the queefs. The offseason. Regular season is more of how they prep for the next offseason. If you lose the same way every yr it gets boring for the fanbase. So they try and keep it fresh.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #63
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
AMC resumes the Walking dead tonight. Curious if any of you watch this show. Once it showed up on Netflix we got hooked.
Most favorite show ever. Will purchase the new episode on Amazon tomorrow for $1.99

[QUOTE=Kaylore;3795423]What is your survival plan in a zombie apocalypse?

Probably something like the 28 days later scenario. Sprinting through the streets at a frantic pace getting pieced out, growing a major beard. Unlike the always perfect looking characters of Walking Dead.

Quote:
Denver is a pretty good spot to defend one. There's plenty of military, it has cold and warm seasons which would destroy the undead fairly effectively, and there are mountain towns to flee too.

All Mormons are encouraged to keep a two year supply of food and water and we have 72 hour emergency evac kits we maintain.

The average human body exposed to the elements rots away in a matter of weeks. They would degenerate even faster if they were moving around because it would cause the dead tissue to tear and break away. You could probably hide for a week or so then most of the undead would be, at worst, missing limbs and eyes, and at best, pieces of flesh.
Without a grid, Colorado would be somewhat difficult to survive in, unless you were super-skilled in winter mountain survival (like a Ute Indian). I would hunt in the mountains in the summer for about a month, but spend most of my time in Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Nebraska, or the Arkansas River Valley.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #64
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Good first episode, though Rick is starting to piss me off. As far as zombie survival, I'd just stay at my house with my family until it got overrun, then get eaten by and become a zombie. I'm up in the mountains though, so no telling how many zombies will be up here. Plenty of deer up here. We might be able to stick around for a little while, but in that world quality of life might take priority over surviving for an extended amount of time. I'd like to think in that world my family and I would be some of the first to go, since that is a ****ty world to live in.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #65
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Rick is losing it, Darryl gone, lot's of people die next episode.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #66
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'm totally prepared. I've got over a thousand hours of Left 4 Dead simulation time logged.........hahaha. I got my shotgun, my Boomer Bile, my Molitov Cocktail, my health kit, and my ammo. Let's do this. I'd head for NY just because there's sure to be plenty of infected there and I can deal it out. I'd hide out in the Statue of Liberty. I could snipe from the torch or head and there's only 1 way up so easy to defend. Shelter from the weather. It's all good. Just got to make sure I got a woman with me, you know, for those time when the hoard is asleep, lol.

Last edited by ZONA; 02-11-2013 at 12:43 AM..
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #67
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I think this show is retarded. I watch it. But its really the same thing over and over again
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #68
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Rick is losing it, Darryl gone, lot's of people die next episode.
I think Glen is toast.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #69
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I think this show is retarded. I watch it. But its really the same thing over and over again
Watch out Kaylore is going to come get pissed at you and give you a Mormon tounge lashing for crapping on his thread.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #70
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
That's why I couldn't follow that show; The characters do stuff that makes no sense. If the zombie apocalypse happens, first thing I do is go to the local national guard armory with my friends and family, pick up a few M113 armored personnel carriers with extra diesel cans and assorted spare parts. Mount .50 cals on each one, and load up on various other weapons and lots of ammo. Also grab a few deuce and a halfs to stock with food, water, diesel motor/generator units, entertainment stuff, agricultural supplies, livestock (chickens, pigs, etc.), a few German Shepards always come in handy too. Then, I lead a convoy to the Long Beach docks, drive my rolling stock up onto the Catalina Island ferry (maybe it takes a couple of trips?) and sail on over to Avalon Bay. Unload. Clear the island of any zombies that might be there, from one end to the other. Take up residence in the Wrigley Mansion up on Mount Ada and live happily ever after enjoying the view.

If the writers went that route there would be no show. It would be a wrap after one episode. If something like this were possible (I do find if funny that there is a debate on what to do if a zombie attack happened ), there would be people who figured out what to do and wouldn't have as many issues as the masses, who would not know what to do. For story lines, it is more interesting to follow the group of people who are going through the struggle and having to fight zombies than the group of people who are sitting pretty somewhere and not having any issues.

It's just TV, and it's a great show. Totally unrealistic (because of the zombies, not because of the people's reaction to the situation), but the story lines are really good.

Oh, and what's your plan when some other group that is also heavily armed shows up and they want to run the island? Good luck with that.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #71
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Watch out Kaylore is going to come get pissed at you and give you a Mormon tounge lashing for crapping on his thread.
I do watch it, so I'm happy to explain why I think its retarded, but i do think its retarded
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #72
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

If a zombie apocalyse breaks out, the key to survival is being where other people are not. Get the people you want to get (if they are alive) then head out to the middle of nowhere with as much food and water as you can carry. It would probably be wise to pick up fruit and veggie seeds if you can find them. Guns would be nice, but ammunition will run out. So edge weapons would be necessary. Once you have your basecamp set up, forage/scout teams need to be readied and sent out every two weeks. No more than three people in a team.

Once things stabilize, then you can built a quarantine zone where survivors who make it to you are kept until they are proven to not carry infection. You rebuild society with the fragments of people who made it, always wary of the next zombie outbreak.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #73
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I do watch it, so I'm happy to explain why I think its retarded, but i do think its retarded
Go ahead, but bear in mind you were one of four people in the world who enjoyed sucker punch, so forgive me if I take your opinion with a grain of salt.

As for this most recent episode, I was wondering if Tyreece was going to show up. I thought T-Dog was their hat tip to Tyreece. He's a critical player and becomes best friends with Rick in the comic. Obviously the show doesn't follow the comic exctly, but it does inform some of the plot points and some of the tension they create in the show is greater if you read the comics (The Governor actually rapes Michonne in the comic, so you believe he's going to rape Maggie). However Tyreese looks "as ordered" here and I like his character. He helps lead because Rick can't handle it by himself in the comic. It's clear they are moving toward that direction.

I just hope they don't ruin the character of Rick.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #74
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
If a zombie apocalyse breaks out, the key to survival is being where other people are not. Get the people you want to get (if they are alive) then head out to the middle of nowhere with as much food and water as you can carry. It would probably be wise to pick up fruit and veggie seeds if you can find them. Guns would be nice, but ammunition will run out. So edge weapons would be necessary. Once you have your basecamp set up, forage/scout teams need to be readied and sent out every two weeks. No more than three people in a team.

Once things stabilize, then you can built a quarantine zone where survivors who make it to you are kept until they are proven to not carry infection. You rebuild society with the fragments of people who made it, always wary of the next zombie outbreak.

I would love for someone to make a game where you have to build a community in post-apocalyptic conditions. Recruit members, forage for supplies and defend against zombies and bandits.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #75
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
If the writers went that route there would be no show. It would be a wrap after one episode. If something like this were possible (I do find if funny that there is a debate on what to do if a zombie attack happened ), there would be people who figured out what to do and wouldn't have as many issues as the masses, who would not know what to do. For story lines, it is more interesting to follow the group of people who are going through the struggle and having to fight zombies than the group of people who are sitting pretty somewhere and not having any issues.

It's just TV, and it's a great show. Totally unrealistic (because of the zombies, not because of the people's reaction to the situation), but the story lines are really good.

Oh, and what's your plan when some other group that is also heavily armed shows up and they want to run the island? Good luck with that.
You change the name of the show to Lost.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote