The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #251
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Talking in a more aggressive tone and adding insults doesn't cover up the fact that you're wrong. 8% has nothing to do with servers, it's the baseline for the establishment, not the servers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
Yeah, reposting the part of your link that proved you incorrect isn't the best path to take in this discussion...
This is hilarious, is it really worth it to argue w/ me instead of really doing your homework on this subject and actually learning something?

Okay, i'm not even going to help you two ****ing idiots out. Go ahead, figure that **** out, then prove me and my condescending ass incorrect (I'll give you a slight hint, its impossible cause I'm correct). Until then, I'm TELLING you that you have no clue, and you need to do some homework before trying to pretend you know what you're talking about, how's that?

Last edited by Willynowei; 02-10-2013 at 11:17 AM..
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #252
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

I think that's been my issue all along...I haven't been putting 6 identical emoticons in my responses.
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #253
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Taxes wouldn't be so bad, if we weren't so over freakin' Taxed every time we went out to eat.

I don't care if it's 15% or 20% that's still way too much to get taxed, just to get a mfing meal.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #254
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
I don't care if it's 15% or 20% that's still way too much to get taxed, just to get a mfing meal.
Solution = grocery store + cook yourself + serve yourself + clear table + do your own dishes.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #255
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Solution = grocery store + cook yourself + serve yourself + clear table + do your own dishes.
This.

And if people were more concerned with the calorie density in meals when they ate out instead of tip and tax %, we wouldnt have nearly the obesity and healthcare issues that we currently do.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #256
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Don't forget to tip musicians and the bands! Even if they stink you tip them to stop.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #257
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
That's why I'm married with children.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #258
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I'd rather spend $20 bucks on groceries a week getting bomb food and make meals for myself than go out and spend $20 bucks on a microwaved bake potato and crappy burger from most joints. All it takes is a little effort. The amount of people I see at the drive thru's when I'm going down main street on lunch break is insane. No wonder everyone is fat and ugly.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #259
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
And a heck of a lot healthier and cleaner for you in many cases.

Especially down here in florida... Horror stories... Don't ever go to a all-U-can-eat buffet in florida...
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #260
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Don't forget to tip musicians and the bands! Even if they stink you tip them to stop.
Now that I'm all for...
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #261
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Jason's Deli = good food + healthy options + free ice cream cone for kids + no tip= happy dad
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #262
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
20% is standard, not 18. Don't be cheap, this is how servers make a living...

Now delivery guys on the other hand....
What does that mean

I'm a delivery driver myself (chinese), and I make waiter's wage plus a one dollar delivery fee for all orders under $15. Often, on a big order that is close to the edge of our delivery radius, it probably figures out mathematically that I am paying to deliver the food if they don't tip. Most nights I make out pretty well but it's also highly stressful (many many deliveries and lots of car/foot traffic to maneuver... plus many drunks and people that have busted door bells/buzzers and don't answer their phones [multiple trips, awesome!]).

Long story short, many drivers don't make minimum wage and aside from the conditional delivery fees are not reimbursed for gas/car maintenance. Please tip your delivery drivers if you are satisfied with their service.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #263
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
Don't ever go to a all-U-can-eat buffet in florida...
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #264
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
What does that mean

I'm a delivery driver myself (chinese), and I make waiter's wage plus a one dollar delivery fee for all orders under $15. Often, on a big order that is close to the edge of our delivery radius, it probably figures out mathematically that I am paying to deliver the food if they don't tip. Most nights I make out pretty well but it's also highly stressful (many many deliveries and lots of car/foot traffic to maneuver... plus many drunks and people that have busted door bells/buzzers and don't answer their phones [multiple trips, awesome!]).

Long story short, many drivers don't make minimum wage and aside from the conditional delivery fees are not reimbursed for gas/car maintenance. Please tip your delivery drivers if you are satisfied with their service.
What is fair in this department? I usually do like $3 but there's really no precedent.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #265
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
This.

And if people were more concerned with the calorie density in meals when they ate out instead of tip and tax %, we wouldnt have nearly the obesity and healthcare issues that we currently do.
You callin' me fat, a$$hole?
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #266
JDB7821
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
What does that mean

I'm a delivery driver as well, but in a much better situation than you apparently. I get $8.25 an hour (NOT standard, but $7.25 is) and .89 per delivery. It's rare that I make less than $17/hr without the .89 reimbursement that I don't include because I don't feel it's income.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #267
JDB7821
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
What is fair in this department? I usually do like $3 but there's really no precedent.
$3 is about the average all tips come out to be. $5 is pretty awesome and $10 can make even the most depressed delivery person's day.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #268
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

i think delivery drivers should get paid enough to not need a tip. Valet you have to tip, and for godssake men don't take a mint from bathroom attendent and not tip the dude. One of my favorite people to tip is the old black man who works one of the bathrooms at a posh restaurant my band sometimes gets gigs at. He has everything a man could need in a fix!.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #269
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
i think delivery drivers should get paid enough to not need a tip. Valet you have to tip, and for godssake men don't take a mint from bathroom attendent and not tip the dude. One of my favorite people to tip is the old black man who works one of the bathrooms at a posh restaurant my band sometimes gets gigs at. He has everything a man could need in a fix!.
I've never been to a place that had a bathroom attendant. But if I'm going to tip that guy that has mints and gives you a towel to dry your hands, than that mofo is going to wipe my ass with some baby wipes.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #270
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
I've never been to a place that had a bathroom attendant. But if I'm going to tip that guy that has mints and gives you a towel to dry your hands, than that mofo is going to wipe my ass with some baby wipes.
I think everywhere I've been that had bathroom attendants also had women getting nekked for $1 bills. I wonder if that says something about me...
Old 02-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #271
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I think everywhere I've been that had bathroom attendants also had women getting nekked for $1 bills. I wonder if that says something about me...
In myrtle beach I was at a place that had a female bathroom attendant, she had the top hat and suspenders on, looked better than half the girls on stage.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #272
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
In myrtle beach I was at a place that had a female bathroom attendant, she had the top hat and suspenders on, looked better than half the girls on stage.
I f'ing hate when that happens. I've never had the chick in the bathroom (that's just asking for trouble) but I've been to a few before peak times when the waitresses outclassed the dancers so bad it wasn't even funny. Not always because the dancers were that bad, either. Just some hot chicks will push it to cocktail waitressing then tease us as they won't take the last step.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #273
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Oh, and am I the only one that hears "Myrtle Beach" and "stripper" in the same sentence and thinks, " Should've stayed in Texas, b****"?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #274
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
So when did you quit your job and take her back to her hometown and get her knocked up?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #275
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

A woman bathroom attendant in a men's bathroom, really, this happens? That's just wrong. I feel horrible for the gal who has that job.

Do women's rooms have bathroom attendants, or just men's rooms? I've been in men's rooms with bathroom attendants before and I never could figure out why they were there. So, are the in the ladies rooms too?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote