The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #126
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Err...do you even know what that means? That simply means a public government of confederated states. Whether or not such a thing is democratic or not is beside the point. In the case of the U.S. we have a federal republic that is also a representative democracy.
Representative Republic.

Democracy : Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #127
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
The UK is a constitutional monarchy.

The UK elects members of parliament.

Does this make the UK a democracy?

Are you seriously arguing that neither the U.S. or the U.K. are democracies because they have non-democratic elements to their governments? You seem to have a very puritanical notion of what constitutes a democracy. Any country in which the people vote for government officials is technically a democracy. You don't need to be ancient Athens in which every citizen has equal say in all things to be a democracy.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #128
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Representative Republic.

Democracy : Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives.
No, that is a very specific form of democracy: direct democracy.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #129
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Are you seriously arguing that neither the U.S. or the U.K. are democracies because they have non-democratic elements to their governments? You seem to have a very puritanical notion of what constitutes a democracy. Any country in which the people vote for government officials is technically a democracy. You don't need to be ancient Athens in which every citizen has equal say in all things to be a democracy.

The US is a Federal Republic. The UK is a Constitutional Monarchy. Unique systems of government with democratic elements. But that does not make either a pure democracy, or make it correct to say the US/UK is a democracy.

Calling the US a democracy is similar to me calling you a chimpanzee. The US has elections. You are a hominid. But I would not be right. You are no more a chimp then the US is a democracy.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #130
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
When was the last time you cast a vote on a federal tax issue?
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #131
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

When Jared Loughner went on his shooting spree, there was an immediate attempt to blame "political discourse" as the cause. Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh were cited specifically as the likely contributors to the rampage. The Sherrif of Pima County went as far as to draw this connection in a televised press conference.

Or how about Brian Ross trying to link the Tea Party to James Holmes?

/

Mind you, neither of these schizophrenic murderers once mentioned their political affiliation, let alone left a manifesto stating that right wing commentators were their heroes. But check out this part of Dormer's tirade:

"Wayne LaPierre, President of the NRA, you’re a vile and inhumane piece of ****. You never even showed 30 seconds of empathy for the children, teachers, and families of Sandy Hook. You deflected any type of blame/responsibility and directed it toward the influence of movies and the media. You are a failure of a human being. May all of your immediate and distant family die horrific deaths in front of you.
Chris Matthews, Joe Scarborough, Pat Harvey, Brian Williams, Soledad Obrien, Wolf Blitzer, Meredith Viera, Tavis Smiley, and Anderson Cooper, keep up the great work and follow Cronkite’s lead. I hold many of you in the same regard as Tom Brokaw and the late Peter Jennings. Cooper, stop nagging and berating your guest, they’re your (guest). Mr. Scarborough, we met at McGuire’s pub in P-cola in 2002 when I was stationed there. It was an honor conversing with you about politics, family, and life.
Willie Geist, you’re a talented and charismatic journalist. Stop with all the talk show shenanigans and get back to your core of reporting. Your future is brighter than most
." http://youranonnews.tumblr.com/post/...-lapd-officers

I'd like to be able to post a video where this is discussed on NBC/CBS/ABC/CNN. Why is that not possible?
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #132
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

This is a good read. Lots of links to informative articles about the current state of political discourse and the reason gun violence exists.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=96289
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #133
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
When Jared Loughner went on his shooting spree, there was an immediate attempt to blame "political discourse" as the cause. Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh were cited specifically as the likely contributors to the rampage. The Sherrif of Pima County went as far as to draw this connection in a televised press conference.

Or how about Brian Ross trying to link the Tea Party to James Holmes?

/

Mind you, neither of these schizophrenic murderers once mentioned their political affiliation, let alone left a manifesto stating that right wing commentators were their heroes. But check out this part of Dormer's tirade:

"Wayne LaPierre, President of the NRA, you’re a vile and inhumane piece of ****. You never even showed 30 seconds of empathy for the children, teachers, and families of Sandy Hook. You deflected any type of blame/responsibility and directed it toward the influence of movies and the media. You are a failure of a human being. May all of your immediate and distant family die horrific deaths in front of you.
Chris Matthews, Joe Scarborough, Pat Harvey, Brian Williams, Soledad Obrien, Wolf Blitzer, Meredith Viera, Tavis Smiley, and Anderson Cooper, keep up the great work and follow Cronkite’s lead. I hold many of you in the same regard as Tom Brokaw and the late Peter Jennings. Cooper, stop nagging and berating your guest, they’re your (guest). Mr. Scarborough, we met at McGuire’s pub in P-cola in 2002 when I was stationed there. It was an honor conversing with you about politics, family, and life.
Willie Geist, you’re a talented and charismatic journalist. Stop with all the talk show shenanigans and get back to your core of reporting. Your future is brighter than most

I'd like to be able to post a video where this is discussed on NBC/CBS/ABC/CNN. Why is that not possible?
I have a facebook friend who noted that all the mass killers/shooters were card carrying democrats or from families of democrats, killers like Harris and Klebold, etc.

All these crazies are democrats, yet the media conviniently ignores this fact. I think the connecticut kid was a democrat too, as was the crazy guy who shot up VT.

All democrats.

Yet who suffers and get the blame, conservatives. It's weird how the media works, eh?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #134
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I have a facebook friend who noted that all the mass killers/shooters were card carrying democrats or from families of democrats, killers like Harris and Klebold, etc.

All these crazies are democrats, yet the media conviniently ignores this fact. I think the connecticut kid was a democrat too, as was the crazy guy who shot up VT.

All democrats.

Yet who suffers and get the blame, conservatives. It's weird how the media works, eh?
Some of them have been anti establishment. Loonies who have hated both liberal and conservative. But I do agree anything damaging to the liberals is buried away or brushed aside as nothing. You won't ever find a conservative compliment in the New York Times. Ever.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #135
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
This is a good read. Lots of links to informative articles about the current state of political discourse and the reason gun violence exists.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=96289
Gun violence exists because people are inherently violent and guns are the most efficient way to be violent while minimizing risks to one self.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #136
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:

You know why.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #137
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Gun violence exists because people are inherently violent and guns are the most efficient way to be violent while minimizing risks to one self.
except in suicide, right?

I love how gun control advocates list all the deaths due to gun violence but don't tell you that large percentage of that is a little something called suicide.

Nope, not gonna reveal that little bit of info. It doesn't line up with the liberal agenda, that is, the gubment knows what's best for you. While I agree that people are inheritently bad for the most part, I also believe in things like free will.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #138
bombay
Ring of Famer

People who assign political agendas to psycho kllers are funny.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #139
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

people who ignore manifestos written by psycho killers are stupid.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #140
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
People who assign political agendas to psycho kllers are funny.
It's a valid argument in many cases though I don't know about this one.

The guy also called GHW Bush the 2nd greatest president and said besides Hillary, Christie(Christy?) is the only other person he'd like to see in the White House.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #141
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:

lol. That's some worthwhile reading, I'm sure.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #142
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
lol. That's some worthwhile reading, I'm sure.
Well it's no Harry Potter or 50 Shades, that's for sure...

Yes, I'm being facetious.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #143
bombay
Ring of Famer

I haven't even gotten around to Ted Kaczynski's manifesto yet. I'll have to put these things on the to do list, I guess.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #144
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

who doesn't enjoy a good manifesto every once in a while... Mein Kampf anyone?
Old 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #145
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...that's the thing, they DO correlate to each other, you idiot.

He's a cop killer. Now I know this concept will be hard for your 40 IQ, but that means he killed people.

Now when someone killed people, what are they? Oh my golly, they're a murderer!

It's like you try to be this stupid...

Oh, and I know you like stuffing things into other guys mouths, but leave your words out of mine.
Wait, so now there is a correlation between your two statements? And that correlation hinges on the exact point I addressed in my very first post, where I noted that a cop killer is not worse than any other kind of murderer?

You can always tell when Rev knows he's being a moron, because he invariably starts foaming about cock. I'm hurt, really.
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #146
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

I think he's hiding out with D.B. Cooper and the Zodiac killer.......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #147
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Is this guy caught yet?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #148
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
You watch too much TV.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #149
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
You watch too much TV.
I actually don't watch any tv, except the Broncos and a few other sports. But the media is putting this stuff out there so really this Dorner guy is running the show in a lot of ways. He's definitely got people talking, this very thread is an example, no?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #150
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
You watch too much TV.
What's the logic behind this statement?