The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
EmDiggy
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Mock Draft Video - January (2 rounds)

2013 NFL Mock Draft Video - January

Good afternoon Broncos fans! Here's my January mock draft video!

Enjoy!

Em
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
g6matty

sharrif floyd and logan ryan
Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Thanks for all the work you do, EmDiggity!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
Paladin
Ring of Famer

DT and CB. Okay. MLB later?
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

2 things that you never see in an Elway draft pick: character issues and motor issues. Floyd has the latter.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #6
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

My favorite prospect this year. Arthur brown
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #7
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
DT and CB. Okay. MLB later?
You can usually get a mike later. The elite guys will be gone, but no reason to not get another Mike or 2 later.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I have no idea where Ziggy is getting that Floyd plays with an inconsistent motor. He is scheme versatile and has played every position on the DL. The coaches loved him there and raved about his coachability. He is EXACTLY the type of player Denver needs. I thought he would be available at #28 -- but all signs point to him moving up. I think SpringStein was right. He was mocking him much higher well over a month ago. I tend to agree.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #9
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I have no idea where Ziggy is getting that Floyd plays with an inconsistent motor. He is scheme versatile and has played every position on the DL. The coaches loved him there and raved about his coachability. He is EXACTLY the type of player Denver needs. I thought he would be available at #28 -- but all signs point to him moving up. I think SpringStein was right. He was mocking him much higher well over a month ago. I tend to agree.
You're absolutely right Req. I was thinking of Kawann Short. I have no idea how I mixed those two up. Color me corrected.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #10
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
My favorite prospect this year. Arthur brown
Lavonte David > Khaseem Greene > Arthur Brown

And it's not even really that close. Epic whiff by the FO. Woodyard, David, and Miller would have been GREAT for many, many years. I don't really see it with either Greene or Brown...especially not in the middle.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #11
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

I will predict that whoever the Broncos select will not be anyone most of you want which will lead to more b****ing whining and hatred for whomever they do pick by those of you who think they know more....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #12
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Lavonte David > Khaseem Greene > Arthur Brown

And it's not even really that close. Epic whiff by the FO. Woodyard, David, and Miller would have been GREAT for many, many years. I don't really see it with either Greene or Brown...especially not in the middle.
Stop. Please. This is not correct. Brown would be a great pick to play MLB. There you go reading stats/and numbers like BODY WEIGHT and immediately saying OLB, not as good as David cause David's faster.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #13
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
You're absolutely right Req. I was thinking of Kawann Short. I have no idea how I mixed those two up. Color me corrected.
I've read it on Short, but based on what I've seen from him the past few years, I don't think it is a fair assessment on him. He has dealt with a lot of double teams and still produces at an extraordinarily high level. He has absolutely dominated. I'd welcome either of them, but they are both at their best as 3-tech in a 4-3. I like the pedigree of DL from Purdue.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #14
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I've read it on Short, but based on what I've seen from him the past few years, I don't think it is a fair assessment on him. He has dealt with a lot of double teams and still produces at an extraordinarily high level. He has absolutely dominated. I'd welcome either of them, but they are both at their best as 3-tech in a 4-3. I like the pedigree of DL from Purdue.
Spot on...as usual.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #15
Bmore Manning

It really depends what scheme we will be running next year. But... Wolfe is probably at his best when playing as a 3tech DT. I really don't think we draft a 3tech. Now a 1tech who is disruptive alla Brandon Williams that's very Fiesable. If we keep the scheme the same with Wolfe at DE, I would advocate 1 or 2 DT selections. Short and Williams are the two I like the most. The problem with rookie DTs is it takes them time to be impactful normally, and I don't buy into we take a first round DT.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #16
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

The front office would be fools by avoiding one of the deepest DL drafts in recent memory. I am not a fan of all the guys and cooler on some dudes who are being touted (like Okafor) -- but there are ~ 10 DL who should go in the first two rounds, perhaps even more. I am pleased with the way our interior played for the most part, but we have wildcards there. Unrein will be back on the cheap with his ERFA/RFA contract and I can't imagine Bannan or Vickerson would command that much money. It is one of the only positions Denver has not invested a quality selection in for years and it is about time. I wouldn't bet on us taking a DT in the first, but I sure hope it is considered. I would expect one of the available DT's to be one of the better players on the board.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #17
Bmore Manning

Quote:
The front office would be fools by avoiding one of the deepest DL drafts in recent memory. I am not a fan of all the guys and cooler on some dudes who are being touted (like Okafor) -- but there are ~ 10 DL who should go in the first two rounds, perhaps even more. I am pleased with the way our interior played for the most part, but we have wildcards there. Unrein will be back on the cheap with his ERFA/RFA contract and I can't imagine Bannan or Vickerson would command that much money. It is one of the only positions Denver has not invested a quality selection in for years and it is about time. I wouldn't bet on us taking a DT in the first, but I sure hope it is considered. I would expect one of the available DT's to be one of the better players on the board.
Do you see the scheme staying the same or Wolfe playing 3Tech? I would like to see the DT position addressed, but I don't think we take one in the first. I think there will be some quality ones there in the second. Two important factors that will sway the first round selection.

1. Does the front office view Franklin as a Guard still? If so I could see DJ Fluker being the first round pick potentially..

2. How does the front office view Wolfe and Irving? Is Wolfe a DE in our scheme or a DT? Is Irving the answer at MLB?
Old 02-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #18
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Stop. Please. This is not correct. Brown would be a great pick to play MLB. There you go reading stats/and numbers like BODY WEIGHT and immediately saying OLB, not as good as David cause David's faster.
Arthur Brown is very athletic, fast, and he is a good football player. Unfortunately, he is not thumper. He cannot blow through NFL blocks to make the play. Even in college he uses his athleticism to avoid contact until making a play on the ball. I look to see how these players affect the game in short yardage situations. Neither Greene nor Brown are effective in short-yardage or goal line situations when you run directly at them, and could get swallowed in traffic. Lavonte David weighs the same as Khaseem Green and Arthur Brown, yet could play NFL MLB. Why? It's simple. David is much more effective at the point of attack, using his superior football instincts, no false steps (unlike Arthur Brown), athleticism, and physicality to plow a bee-line to the ballcarrier, often making stops in the backfield, or for no gain. He has an uncanny ability to keep his eyes in the backfield while side-stepping blocks and staying "clean" in order to make the play.

Khaseem Green and Arthur Brown aren't bad...I think they will both become NFL starters either as 4-3 WOLB's, or 3-4 ILB's, but they both have a ways to go...while Lavonte David was ready (and dominating) right out of the gate. Frankly, it would make me sick to draft either one of them after passing on Lavonte David in 2012.

It's possible you could switch WW to MIKE, and draft Green or Brown in the 2nd round to play WOLB...but that wouldn't be optimal. Even WW (at this stage in his career) has plenty difficulty fighting through NFL blocks (and it would be even worse at MIKE).

I don't believe either Arthur Brown, or Khaseem Greene will ever be MIKE LB's in the NFL. To consider both at MIKE (especially in a JDR/Fox system) is quite a bit of a stretch. Your silly insults don't change any of that.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #19
Bmore Manning

Price, Arthur Brown and Green could play OLB no argument there. However you are so full of it in your analysis of Brown it makes me sick. He is very aggressive at the point of attack, takes on and sheds blockers incredibly well for his "lack" of size. And he is without question a thumper, who can play sideline to sideline. You did not watch him at all, and again your analysis shows.

Green is a better fit at WLB I think his transition to MLB would take time, but he is also dangerously explosive..

Woodyard could not play MLB, he benefits from flowing to the ball, he could not engage blockers. Brown reminds me of a young Ray Lewis when he first came in the league. Thought of as undersized, plays bigger than his build, flys around the field and makes plays. But that doesn't mean he will become anything like Ray. Never know how people will progress if at all. But Brown has MLB written all over him if he gets drafted by the team with that need.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #20
Momentum
Mockdrafthq.com, go there

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Seriously doubt we go DT early. It's not as big of a need as people think.
Momentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #21
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Do you see the scheme staying the same or Wolfe playing 3Tech? I would like to see the DT position addressed, but I don't think we take one in the first. I think there will be some quality ones there in the second. Two important factors that will sway the first round selection.

1. Does the front office view Franklin as a Guard still? If so I could see DJ Fluker being the first round pick potentially..

2. How does the front office view Wolfe and Irving? Is Wolfe a DE in our scheme or a DT? Is Irving the answer at MLB?
I doubt the scheme changes.

Irving is not the answer on the inside, neither is anyone else we have. I'm betting Wolfe stays at LDE and kicks it inside on passing downs, as usual.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #22
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I doubt the scheme changes.

Irving is not the answer on the inside, neither is anyone else we have. I'm betting Wolfe stays at LDE and kicks it inside on passing downs, as usual.
I know I have said it before, but Bennie Logan would be a better 3-tech DE for us because he is more explosive and should run about .2 seconds faster 40 time. Wolfe becomes a huge upgrade over Bannan and Logan is on par or a tad better then Wolfe on the end.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #23
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Price, Arthur Brown and Green could play OLB no argument there. However you are so full of it in your analysis of Brown it makes me sick. He is very aggressive at the point of attack, takes on and sheds blockers incredibly well for his "lack" of size. And he is without question a thumper, who can play sideline to sideline. You did not watch him at all, and again your analysis shows.

Green is a better fit at WLB I think his transition to MLB would take time, but he is also dangerously explosive..

Woodyard could not play MLB, he benefits from flowing to the ball, he could not engage blockers. Brown reminds me of a young Ray Lewis when he first came in the league. Thought of as undersized, plays bigger than his build, flys around the field and makes plays. But that doesn't mean he will become anything like Ray. Never know how people will progress if at all. But Brown has MLB written all over him if he gets drafted by the team with that need.
At Miami, Ray Lewis amassed 150+ tackles in his So. and Jr. years. He is (and has always been) a prototype MIKE, with a playing weight in the 240-260 lbs. range. Ray Lewis was athletic, very fast, and hit like a ton of bricks.

I have viewed quite a bit of Arthur Brown's video, and your comparison's of him to Ray Lewis at Miami are not accurate. Arthur Brown is a 2nd or 3rd round OLB prospect, who was a pretty good, somewhat undersized, college player averaging 100 tackles per year as a Jr. and Sr. on a 45th ranked college Defense.

Both WW and Trevathan have very similar skillsets to Arthur Brown, both played MIKE in college, and both amassed ~140 tackles their last year in college. Brown might be slightly more athletic, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is a better football player. Not seeing what the Broncos would gain by adding him to the team, especially considering JDR/Fox's past history, and the Broncos glut at WOLB.

I definitely don't view Arthur Brown as an impact player that would put the Broncos over the top, towards a SB win. Whereas other players that the Broncos could pick in the 2nd round (Robert Alford, Logan Ryan, Larry Warford) could make more of an impact.

Last edited by pricejj; 02-11-2013 at 05:59 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #24
Bmore Manning

Some have Brown listed as the top ILB available in the draft. Ray Lewis was thought as undersized for the position coming out of College. I followed his entire career, I remember clear as day what many said about him. Brown is the same type of player, I'm not literally comparing him to Lewis, what I'm saying is he finds himself in the same situation, fast, physical, makes plays all over the field, great sideline to sideline, good at everything but doesn't excell at anything. This was what pundits said about Ray Lewis.

This kid is a flat out stud. In our scheme, having two big two gapping DTs, Brown would excel. He would be a steal if he lasts until the our pick in the second. He could play OLB, that doesn't mean it's the only place he can play. Again he is scheme versatile to any LB spot on a 4-3, and ILB in a 3-4. He will gain weight in the pros, again he plays very much like a 250 pound LB.

Trevethan played OLB in college..Woodyard at SS, and LB. they don't play the same as Brown.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Ray Lewis came into the NFL at 235.

Once upon a time, Ray Lewis came into the league as an "undersized" linebacker at about 235 pounds. Then he changed his body, bulking up to about 250 pounds for a good stretch of time. Last year, he got up 260. He was very stout at that weight, but Lewis struggled a bit in coverage and on nickel downs. Unlike a lot of star veterans, the Ravens linebacker is not delusional about his game. He saw the flaws on tape, and thought losing weight would help. Little known fact: he also got his body fat percentage down to five percent -- unheard of for a man his size. The early returns, including his play against the Bengals, have been outstanding.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ed-off-weight#
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: