The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #101
g6matty

what i wish he did

Old 02-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #102
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

no words.

orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #103
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Odds of converting a 3rd and 7 when you're trying to bleed clock.....
Odds of preventing a 70 yd hail mary TD with 30 secs left in game when it's the opposition's only option.....

Let's compare, shall we?
Play to win or play not to lose.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #104
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Play to win or play not to lose.
Ummm, ok. That's a COMPLETELY different argument that deals with coaching, not execution.

I'm talking about what is more likely to happen on the field when those two plays are called. Are you more shocked by a 3rd and 7 not being converted or more shocked when a 70 yard hail mary (when that's all the defense should be focused on) IS converted?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #105
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Ummm, ok. That's a COMPLETELY different argument that deals with coaching, not execution.

I'm talking about what is more likely to happen on the field when those two plays are called. Are you more shocked by a 3rd and 7 not being converted or more shocked when a 70 yard hail mary (when that's all the defense should be focused on) IS converted?
I'd rather put my money on one of if not the greatest QBs passing for 7 yards to end the game rather than relying on a DB who has shown he isn't that good.
So different argument maybe. Depends on who called the run play with our 3-4 string RB to "play not to lose".
Old 02-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #106
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Or how about kneeling the ball with 30+ seconds left in regulation when you have PMFM. No hail mary try for him?

Did Moore screw up? Big time. Did many others screw up? Yes. Is Moore a scape goat? Most definitely.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #107
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Or how about kneeling the ball with 30+ seconds left in regulation when you have PMFM. No hail mary try for him?
Rahim Moore wasn't playing safety for the Ravens.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #108
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Doh!
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #109
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Rahim Moore wasn't playing safety for the Ravens.
He wasn't playing much safety for us on that play, either...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #110
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I'd rather put my money on one of if not the greatest QBs passing for 7 yards to end the game rather than relying on a DB who has shown he isn't that good.
So different argument maybe. Depends on who called the run play with our 3-4 string RB to "play not to lose".
Hindsight is 20/20. The odds were overwhelmingly in the Broncos favor at that point, it wasn't a bad call to run it on 3rd. I personally would have preferred a lil trickeration, maybe an end around to see if you could take advantage of the defense "knowing whats coming," but whatever. They lost on a fluke.

But nice use of a tired sports cliche there
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #111
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Did Moore screw up? Big time. Did many others screw up? Yes. Is Moore a scape goat? Most definitely.
I'll still gladly be in the minority on this one too for not blaming Fox on that decision too. I know people made fun of him for his "being shocked" comment, but i can understand that. Plus, they were going into the wind, it was ****ing freezing cold, and obviously **** could go wrong too.

If he was given hours to think about it, maybe he'd have chosen otherwise. But in that moment, im not blaming him for wanting to sit and regroup.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #112
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'll still gladly be in the minority on this one too for not blaming Fox on that decision too. I know people made fun of him for his "being shocked" comment, but i can understand that. Plus, they were going into the wind, it was ****ing freezing cold, and obviously **** could go wrong too.

If he was given hours to think about it, maybe he'd have chosen otherwise. But in that moment, im not blaming him for wanting to sit and regroup.
So let me get this straight, you don't blame Prater for missing the field goal, Champ for getting beat all night, Hester for running like a b**** on 3rd and 7, whoever made the call to run on 3rd and 7 for play calling like a b****, Manning for not passing for 7 on that play, Fox for downing the ball with 30+ seconds left in the game, Manning for throwing an int. No, you have an excuse for all of that. Instead, you want to find a scapegoat.

I don't remember Moore being the big time free agent that everyone was trying to sign last off-season. The big time player you want to put the ball in his hands and WIN THE GAME. I thought that was PMFM. Instead, we run the ball on 3rd and 7, we down the ball with 30+ seconds left. Are you ****ing kidding me? Rahim Moore?

When you're in the minority, it usually means you're wrong.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #113
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So let me get this straight, you don't blame Prater for missing the field goal, Champ for getting beat all night, Hester for running like a b**** on 3rd and 7, whoever made the call to run on 3rd and 7 for play calling like a b****, Manning for not passing for 7 on that play, Fox for downing the ball with 30+ seconds left in the game, Manning for throwing an int. No, you have an excuse for all of that. Instead, you want to find a scapegoat.

I don't remember Moore being the big time free agent that everyone was trying to sign last off-season. The big time player you want to put the ball in his hands and WIN THE GAME. I thought that was PMFM. Instead, we run the ball on 3rd and 7, we down the ball with 30+ seconds left. Are you ****ing kidding me? Rahim Moore?

When you're in the minority, it usually means you're wrong.

Yep, that's the OMane. If you ever saw the commercial with the father trying to teach his son how to throw a ball who throws it sideways, that is basically who you are arguing with. They obviously don't understand how ****ty play inspires ****ty play. They obviously have no idea of the pressure for a young player to make that play when every vet on the team displayed no guts. These are the types of fans that will bring up stats about how our stars played in games that have little meaning.

But don't worry, if there is enough of an outcry maybe they will cut Moore and we can wonder why we have another collapse from the top down next year too.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote