The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #51
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Lol,by your own logic,why do anything to secure the border. You're never going to stop people from illegally crossing the border.
Don't you guys use that argument all the time?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #52
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,629

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
So if they implemented the law after Columbine , how come it didn't prevent Sandy Hook?

you do realize the owner of the guns used wasn't the shooter right?
They didn't implement them then,I merely stated a fact that the NRA supported universal BG checks after columbine,closing gun show loop holes,etc.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #53
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

if we just did a national biometric ID, this and a lot of other problems would just go away.

we already have: drivers licenses; social security cards, credit cards, concealed weapons cards, medical coverage cards, grocery cards, debit cards, store cards, gift cards, company IDs, passports, etc. etc.

just do it already. either that or barcode us.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #54
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,185

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default From the mouth of the mastermind...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTyoppK_aDM

Last edited by ant1999e; 02-06-2013 at 07:20 PM..
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #55
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,185

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #56
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,629

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
the if it isnt perfect,it shouldnt be done line of thinking. I guess we should get rid of speed limits,since people still speed. get rid of stop signs, why not decriminalize murder,child molestation and the like while we are at it. we got laws against those things and people are still getting murdered, and kids are still getting molested.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #57
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Should we require all passengers to do a criminal background or mental illness check before they can purchase an airline ticket or would this be a violation of their civil rights? We could add everyone to the no-fly list until they pass a background check.
As far as I'm concerned nobama has no need to know who I buy from or sell to in a private sale.

And the odds of them getting my makes, models or serial numbers are slim and not a ****ing chance.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #58
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
if we just did a national biometric ID, this and a lot of other problems would just go away.

we already have: drivers licenses; social security cards, credit cards, concealed weapons cards, medical coverage cards, grocery cards, debit cards, store cards, gift cards, company IDs, passports, etc. etc.

just do it already. either that or barcode us.
Yep just like hitler did.

Does anyone else see where this is all going.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #59
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,585
Default

Do you crazy liberals support this :

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...le-for-crimes/

How liberal are you guys? Would you support holding the gun manufacturer liable? If not then you have some crazies in colo the need to be voted out of state office. Hell Colorado is as crazy as California now. Congrats.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #60
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
the if it isnt perfect,it shouldnt be done line of thinking. I guess we should get rid of speed limits,since people still speed. get rid of stop signs, why not decriminalize murder,child molestation and the like while we are at it. we got laws against those things and people are still getting murdered, and kids are still getting molested.
Stop signs actually save lives. Speed limits could be lowered though to save more lives. How fast do you think is safe peace? Because if Obama and the liberals said a study showed driving 50 and under saved lives and we should do it, and it cools the earth, you would be all over it. You will go along with whatever the liberal agenda is.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #61
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,185

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
the if it isnt perfect,it shouldnt be done line of thinking. I guess we should get rid of speed limits,since people still speed. get rid of stop signs, why not decriminalize murder,child molestation and the like while we are at it. we got laws against those things and people are still getting murdered, and kids are still getting molested.
And we should make murder illegal. Stupid argument. How about we ban cars?
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #62
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
And we should make murder illegal. Stupid argument. How about we ban cars?
Yet the far left loonies will never truly understand, the simple fact it does not matter to criminals or lunatics they are going to do what they do with or without a gun..

Only way to stop them is lock them up. Criminals in jail, the nut jobs in the statehouse, governors mansions, congress and the white house.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #63
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
And we should make murder illegal. Stupid argument.
No, he's pointing out the utter stupidity of the argument foisted by the gun nuts, i.e. gun control laws are pointless because it won't stop criminals from getting guns. You can apply that same ridiculous logic to any type of crime, which was his point.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #64
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
No, he's pointing out the utter stupidity of the argument foisted by the gun nuts, i.e. gun control laws are pointless because it won't stop criminals from getting guns. You can apply that same ridiculous logic to any type of crime, which was his point.
The popular way to think of it in most cases (like murder, theft, etc) is "My rights end where yours begin." Many laws can be rationalized that way. But you're stretching it into "Our rights end where 1 person in 300,000,000 might abuse them" You're punishing everyone in an attempt to preempt very few.

Random police search and seizure would "save" far more lives than an assault rifle ban, background checks, or magazine restrictions. Police generally know lots of bad dudes, and where they live. Problem is they often can't prove anything in court because the 4th amendment protects both good guys and bad guys from police intrusion without evidence.

Why don't we introduce a little bit of random police search and seizure? For the children.

The fact of the matter is the 4th amendment (like the 2nd) exists because our Constitution envisioned times when government could not be trusted.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 02-08-2013 at 07:43 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #65
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The popular way to think of it in most cases (like murder, theft, etc) is "My rights end where yours begin." Many laws can be rationalized that way. But you're stretching it into "Our rights end where 1 person in 300,000,000 might abuse them" You're punishing everyone in an attempt to preempt very few.

Random police search and seizure would "save" far more lives than an assault rifle ban, background checks, or magazine restrictions. Police generally know lots of bad dudes, and where they live. Problem is they often can't prove anything in court because the 4th amendment protects both good guys and bad guys from police intrusion without evidence.

Why don't we introduce a little bit of random police search and seizure? For the children.

The fact of the matter is the 4th amendment (like the 2nd) exists because our Constitution envisioned times when government could not be trusted.
Now you're just making straw man arguments. People propose common-sense backgroud checks (something an overwhelming majority of NRA members support, by the way), and we're just slight fey hop away from legalizing random search and seizures. I'm not terribly swayed by paranoid slippery-slope arguments.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #66
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Now you're just making straw man arguments. People propose common-sense backgroud checks (something an overwhelming majority of NRA members support, by the way), and we're just slight fey hop away from legalizing random search and seizures. I'm not terribly swayed by paranoid slippery-slope arguments.
Funny, but I've heard you say "Gun control laws" but I haven't seen you say you wanted it restricted to just a few more background checks.

Do you oppose the "assault" (aka mean looking) weapons ban proposal and cartridge capacity restrictions Obama proposed?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #67
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,185

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
No, he's pointing out the utter stupidity of the argument foisted by the gun nuts, i.e. gun control laws are pointless because it won't stop criminals from getting guns. You can apply that same ridiculous logic to any type of crime, which was his point.
Utter stupidity is creating laws that the creator admits will not prevent the CRIME they were created to prevent.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #68
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

While lawbreakers ignore all these restrictions and do what they want with impunity.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #69
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Do you crazy liberals support this :

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...le-for-crimes/

How liberal are you guys? Would you support holding the gun manufacturer liable? If not then you have some crazies in colo the need to be voted out of state office. Hell Colorado is as crazy as California now. Congrats.
Libs have both houses in Colorado right now and they're in full pander mode, pushing things which the voters have already turned down in recent elections. This state HAS gone nuts.

As far as gun manufacturer liability, then let's sue the government for building roads murderers escape on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #70
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
the if it isnt perfect,it shouldnt be done line of thinking. I guess we should get rid of speed limits,since people still speed. get rid of stop signs, why not decriminalize murder,child molestation and the like while we are at it. we got laws against those things and people are still getting murdered, and kids are still getting molested.
Why not? It's why the left and moonbat libertarians say we should legalize drugs.

The gun issue is a more complex one on the matter of Constitutional rights. "Mass shootings" are extremely rare and are being exploited by the media and politicians to push an anti-gun Left agenda. There's no escaping this basic fact.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #71
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,254
Default

Still haven't heard a solution beyond complete confiscation that will keep criminals and nutjobs from getting guns from anyone on the left.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #72
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
If a mentally ill person can't pass a background check to purchase a firearm, should they be able to vote? There is a difference between mentally ill and mentally incompetent so where do you draw the line?
Whoa there, being logical is against OM policy.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #73
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Do you crazy liberals support this :

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...le-for-crimes/

How liberal are you guys? Would you support holding the gun manufacturer liable? If not then you have some crazies in colo the need to be voted out of state office. Hell Colorado is as crazy as California now. Congrats.
With all the far left liberals that moved out of California because of its taxes, insane housing costs, cost of living and their jobs being moved out, most came to Colorado.


So it is now just west coast east.

Ahahahahahahaha
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #74
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The popular way to think of it in most cases (like murder, theft, etc) is "My rights end where yours begin." Many laws can be rationalized that way. But you're stretching it into "Our rights end where 1 person in 300,000,000 might abuse them" You're punishing everyone in an attempt to preempt very few.

Random police search and seizure would "save" far more lives than an assault rifle ban, background checks, or magazine restrictions. Police generally know lots of bad dudes, and where they live. Problem is they often can't prove anything in court because the 4th amendment protects both good guys and bad guys from police intrusion without evidence.

Why don't we introduce a little bit of random police search and seizure? For the children.

The fact of the matter is the 4th amendment (like the 2nd) exists because our Constitution envisioned times when government could not be trusted.
I'm glad someone actually brought some sanity to the thread.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #75
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Libs have both houses in Colorado right now and they're in full pander mode, pushing things which the voters have already turned down in recent elections. This state HAS gone nuts.

As far as gun manufacturer liability, then let's sue the government for building roads murderers escape on.
How about sue them for creating and maintaining (or not) roads that speeders and drink drivers kill folks.

We all know that is where the Lawyers will be going ..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Denver Broncos