The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #101
Agamemnon

What is there to consider when it comes to Manning? He's our best option until he retires, even if he's a bit of a dud in the playoffs.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #102
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
What is there to consider when it comes to Manning? He's our best option until he retires, even if he's a bit of a dud in the playoffs.
Agree 100%
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #103
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Manning not a question because there is no question we have no way of doing better at this point. We live and die with Manning until he hangs it up. I doubt more then 2 more yrs. For Manning to get over the him in the playoffs he needs the same thing Elway did. A dominant running game. You get Manning all those 3rd and shorts are running game crapped out on, throw in some big runs and Manning can still win it all.

Broncos should look for oline and help at RB. Moreno i was told is dirt cheap still for one more yr so you keep him as depth. Hillman IMO doesn't look that special. I think he is a good change of pace but seems to get blasted trying to block.

Mcgahee I just think is probably done. I don't feel good about him coming back. He already lacked big plays It won't get better.

Broncos should draft another RB, draft oline, and try to build a dominant run game.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #104
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Exactly what are they going to do draft Andrew Luck at the bottom of round 1 this yr, play Osweiler? Sign Alex Smith? Bleh Manning still top 10 qbs in the league. He is 8 times 1 and done in the playoffs. I agree with people that is not very good. But still how good of a chance do you think Rivers has over Manning? or whoever Raiders roll out? Or Geno Smith a rookie in KC? I will still say we are better positioned there.

Like i was saying I think build a dominant run game. Get some guards who can maul people down the field. I wasn't really impressed with either of the TE blocking ability, its not horrid but not really good in short yardage. Broncos started bringing in an extra oline sometimes right?

At this point Broncos should look to get more physical anywhere they can. Look to get meaner, get nastier. IMO that means big uglies on the dline, middle linebacker, more at interior oline.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #105
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

The defense could use someone like Romo that comes in spits on people, hits them in the balls in the pile, talks trash, and gets us to be meaner.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #106
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The defense could use someone like Romo that comes in spits on people, hits them in the balls in the pile, talks trash, and gets us to be meaner.
Romo had all that and the biggest trait you left out on him was his ability to make big time plays in big time games. He always was making a huge sack, INT, TFL, or FF.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #107
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Romo had all that and the biggest trait you left out on him was his ability to make big time plays in big time games. He always was making a huge sack, INT, TFL, or FF.
Yep something we found out this team lacks
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #108
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
even if he's a bit of a dud in the playoffs.

Look at our post-Elway track record in the playoffs..

Brian Griese 0-1

Jake Plummer 1-3

Tim Tebow 1-1

I'll take his 9 wins all day every day.
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #109
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Look at our post-Elway track record in the playoffs..

Brian Griese 0-1

Jake Plummer 1-3

Tim Tebow 1-1

I'll take his 9 wins all day every day.
You can't count his 9 wins. If you are looking at our post-Elway record in the playofss, PM is 0-1. And an overall record of 9-11. So... yeah he was right. PM is far from solid in the playoffs. The year he won the superbowl he had a really bad playoff run. The defense stepped up during that run, plus he got to play against Rex Grossman in the SB.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #110
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Exactly what are they going to do draft Andrew Luck at the bottom of round 1 this yr, play Osweiler? Sign Alex Smith? Bleh Manning still top 10 qbs in the league. He is 8 times 1 and done in the playoffs. I agree with people that is not very good. But still how good of a chance do you think Rivers has over Manning? or whoever Raiders roll out? Or Geno Smith a rookie in KC? I will still say we are better positioned there.

Like i was saying I think build a dominant run game. Get some guards who can maul people down the field. I wasn't really impressed with either of the TE blocking ability, its not horrid but not really good in short yardage. Broncos started bringing in an extra oline sometimes right?

At this point Broncos should look to get more physical anywhere they can. Look to get meaner, get nastier. IMO that means big uglies on the dline, middle linebacker, more at interior oline.
Doesn't Rivers have a wining record against PM (including playoffs)?

Anyway... PM is not our problem (until we get to the playoffs). Totally agree about getting nastier in both trenches. Would really love a TE like Finley, and a back like Steven Jackson. Both are great players... and both great blockers.

Still think that with KM healthy, we win that game. And **** the Colts!!! Can't get around my head they going from Manning to Luck. Guess it must be some sort of karma repayment from losing out on Elway when they had the rights and shot at landing him. BASTARDS!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #111
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
You can't count his 9 wins. If you are looking at our post-Elway record in the playofss, PM is 0-1. And an overall record of 9-11. So... yeah he was right. PM is far from solid in the playoffs. The year he won the superbowl he had a really bad playoff run. The defense stepped up during that run, plus he got to play against Rex Grossman in the SB.

Point taken. Counter point: Only Manning's first season in Denver, on a new team, in a new offense, with new backs /receivers that were on their third offense in three seasons as well.The Defense went for 32nd in 2010 to 23rd in 2011. This season finished 4th in points allowed, 2nd in yards given up per game and tied for the lead is sacks. Would be shocked to see regression on either side of the ball in 2013.
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #112
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Point taken. Counter point: Only Manning's first season in Denver, on a new team, in a new offense, with new backs /receivers that were on their third offense in three seasons as well.The Defense went for 32nd in 2010 to 23rd in 2011. This season finished 4th in points allowed, 2nd in yards given up per game and tied for the lead is sacks. Would be shocked to see regression on either side of the ball in 2013.
No doubt about that. I have always said PM is the best QB I have seen play (started really watching football during the 99 season, and became a Bronco fan in 2000). But there is something that just doesn't click with him during the playoff like it's the norm during the regular season. I have no doubt we will kick ass on O next year, and pretty positive we will be around the same rankings on D as long as we stay healthy.

Still will be very nervous when we reach the playoffs. Not like most of the over confident people we had around here before the Balt game. Playoffs is a totally different atmosphere. If you don't have that killer instinct, we aren't getting really far.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #113
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Point taken. Counter point: Only Manning's first season in Denver, on a new team, in a new offense, with new backs /receivers that were on their third offense in three seasons as well.
New offense? Its pretty much the same one he has been running for years. The coaches adapted to HIM and what he likes to do. Agree with the new WR's and even then he had two he was very familiar with in Stokley and Tamme.

Peyton is a great QB...in the regular season but his arm looks like it is losing some steam.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #114
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
New offense? Its pretty much the same one he has been running for years. The coaches adapted to HIM and what he likes to do. Agree with the new WR's and even then he had two he was very familiar with in Stokley and Tamme.

Peyton is a great QB...in the regular season but his arm looks like it is losing some steam.
In week 17 it looked just fine.

Such an overreaction to one playoff game, in frigid temperatures, and one in which he didn't play that bad, despite what some are saying.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #115
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
In week 17 it looked just fine.

Such an overreaction to one playoff game, in frigid temperatures, and one in which he didn't play that bad, despite what some are saying.
Yeah I don't get why people think he played poorly. I was pissed off when he choked with that interception in overtime, but aside from that it was a decent day (the complete lack of long passes not withstanding). I mean his first interception was off blatant pass interference that wasn't called.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #116
Drunken.Broncoholic

Peyton doesn't step up in the 2nd half of that championship game in 2006 they don't go to the superbowl. The 2007 game against the chargers their defense did squat. Manning led a 4th quarter drive to take the lead with a 55 yard bomb. But couldn't hold the lead. Vanderjagt didnt help his cause in 2005. Some of these losses are not on manning. I don't put this broncos loss on him.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #117
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Manning not a question because there is no question we have no way of doing better at this point. We live and die with Manning until he hangs it up. I doubt more then 2 more yrs. For Manning to get over the him in the playoffs he needs the same thing Elway did. A dominant running game. You get Manning all those 3rd and shorts are running game crapped out on, throw in some big runs and Manning can still win it all.

Broncos should look for oline and help at RB. Moreno i was told is dirt cheap still for one more yr so you keep him as depth. Hillman IMO doesn't look that special. I think he is a good change of pace but seems to get blasted trying to block.

Mcgahee I just think is probably done. I don't feel good about him coming back. He already lacked big plays It won't get better.

Broncos should draft another RB, draft oline, and try to build a dominant run game.
Yeah, Manning doesn't have the long ball option, so they have to be able to make some plays running the ball to keep the chains moving. Peyton is limited physically at this point in his career, and it's not gonna get better.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #118
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
No doubt about that. I have always said PM is the best QB I have seen play (started really watching football during the 99 season, and became a Bronco fan in 2000). But there is something that just doesn't click with him during the playoff like it's the norm during the regular season. I have no doubt we will kick ass on O next year, and pretty positive we will be around the same rankings on D as long as we stay healthy.

Still will be very nervous when we reach the playoffs. Not like most of the over confident people we had around here before the Balt game. Playoffs is a totally different atmosphere. If you don't have that killer instinct, we aren't getting really far.
Yup.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #119
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Peyton doesn't step up in the 2nd half of that championship game in 2006 they don't go to the superbowl. The 2007 game against the chargers their defense did squat. Manning led a 4th quarter drive to take the lead with a 55 yard bomb. But couldn't hold the lead. Vanderjagt didnt help his cause in 2005. Some of these losses are not on manning. I don't put this broncos loss on him.
Agreed. It is almost like his team relaxes and thinks well we just have to show up at the stadium we have PFM.