The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #26
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue
 
Eldorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Here is the cheapest option. Restructure Champ from $11 mill to $6mill. Move Champ to FS, Q Carter at SS, Chris Harris at LCB and Tony Carter/ 1st/ 2nd round pick at RCB. Thoughts?
Sounds ****ing stupid.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #27
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Stupid is what stupid does...
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #28
Smilin Assassin
Tradition
 
Smilin Assassin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,884
Default

Champ played at a great level all year.

Yes, he had a rough game vs Baltimore. But, if the organization saw this as reason to part w/him, I'd be highly shocked/disappointed.

Not gonna happen,
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #29
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,948

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Here is the cheapest option. Restructure Champ from $11 mill to $6mill. Move Champ to FS, Q Carter at SS, Chris Harris at LCB and Tony Carter/ 1st/ 2nd round pick at RCB. Thoughts?
this is a great idea!... said nobody ever.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #30
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I really don't see Champ going anywhere. The guy wants a championship before he retires and this team appears to be on the brink. He'll restructure if that's what it requires to stay on the team.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #31
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I don't see how broncos can pay champ that much after his pathetic playoffs and lack of big plays last couple years. If Champ won't play for say 5-6 million I say time to bite the bullet.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #32
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Sounds ****ing stupid.
Champ at safety would actually improve our secondary right now. He's lost a step but his instincts are off the charts. He'd make far more plays for us as safety than at corner.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #33
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,921

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Would love Champ at safety with a hefty pay cut. Use that to help bring in Revis and give the Jets our 1st round pick (it's not like it's a high pick anyway and Revis is well worth it). Facts are facts, Champ has lost a step or 2 and him roaming around back there he doesn't have to have the same speed a CB does. Then we add a MLB and DT and I think that's an improvement on defense without question. Champ at safety if you have Revis at CB could really help against TE's also because I think Champ can cover TE's. He's got decent size, good tackling and not many TE's are gonna blaze past champ like some of these WR's have.

DO IT
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #34
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Would love Champ at safety with a hefty pay cut. Use that to help bring in Revis and give the Jets our 1st round pick (it's not like it's a high pick anyway and Revis is well worth it). Facts are facts, Champ has lost a step or 2 and him roaming around back there he doesn't have to have the same speed a CB does. Then we add a MLB and DT and I think that's an improvement on defense without question. Champ at safety if you have Revis at CB could really help against TE's also because I think Champ can cover TE's. He's got decent size, good tackling and not many TE's are gonna blaze past champ like some of these WR's have.

DO IT
You want to pay 15mil a year for a CB coming of an ACL?
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #35
HorseHead
Ring of Famer
 
HorseHead's Avatar
 
Stay thirsty my friends..

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay
Default

Wow...

This is some Mensa Convention going on in here...

1 bad play in a play off game..
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #36
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,809

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Here is the cheapest option. Restructure Champ from $11 mill to $6mill. Move Champ to FS, Q Carter at SS, Chris Harris at LCB and Tony Carter/ 1st/ 2nd round pick at RCB. Thoughts?
We're definitely not giving up on Rahim Moore. Until his meltdown vs the Ravens he had a solid year and a monumental improvement over his rookie season.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #37
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue
 
Eldorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Champ at safety would actually improve our secondary right now. He's lost a step but his instincts are off the charts. He'd make far more plays for us as safety than at corner.
You're assuming you can get comparable play at his vacated spot.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #38
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

On the flip side, headline could read La Canfora: Bailey might remain with the Broncos next year
This is like a Bill Williamson blog, but with a few hundred more words. I don't think La Canfora has an in with Denver and I doubt Denver gives up on a top flight CB (Yes, he's still a top flight CB) while in win now mode
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #39
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,543
Default

He probably meant Rahim Moore but couldn't tell them apart after watching the Ravens game.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #40
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH
 
*WARHORSE*'s Avatar
 
Let the heads roll.........

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kailua, Hawaii
Posts: 599

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III
Default

Champ is not moving to safety. Champ will be playing corner same as last year, at his current price.

Champ isnt going anywhere.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #41
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,358

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Champ will restructure. He's got a ton of money, he's been part of the community for a decade and he's on a team in a weak division that's built for a run. Sure he could probably sign with a dump franchise like the Jags or Bills for a bit more scratch, but what's the point? If anything, I could see him getting moved to be more of a big nickel DB that you move into the box and ball hawk shallow crossing routes digs etc.
Big nickel FTW.

Draft a Corner and use Champ to cover TEs.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #42
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

What is this assumption that a guy can just switch positions and dominate? Champ is a great CB that doesn't mean he'd be a great Safety. Look a DUI Williams, really good WILL, but trash at the SAM and MIKE. That is a similar situation to what everyone seems to want to do with Champ.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #43
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
The old Bowlen is out of money thing again. It's complete B.S. This guy has no idea what he's talking about.
Okay, put it to rest. When was the last time the Broncos operated close to the cap, again?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #44
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The list of CB's that could be cut is epic. With the deep rookie class this might be a bad year to be making more then 5 million a season at CB. Eric Wright, Dunta Robinson, Carlos Rodgers, Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey, and Chris Gamble could join a pretty deep free agent class.

Heh stupid Champ Bailey aint going anywhere.............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #45
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Champ played at a great level all year.

Yes, he had a rough game vs Baltimore. But, if the organization saw this as reason to part w/him, I'd be highly shocked/disappointed.

Not gonna happen,

Exactly. I want to thank you for restoring my faith that all humanity are morons.....................

So much stupidity in this thread.........
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #46
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
What is this assumption that a guy can just switch positions and dominate? Champ is a great CB that doesn't mean he'd be a great Safety. Look a DUI Williams, really good WILL, but trash at the SAM and MIKE. That is a similar situation to what everyone seems to want to do with Champ.
Because the woodson s did so the mane theory is Champ could just as well. I actually think he could but he will be a cb next year. He is still 1a or 1b and definately better than anyone who would play the 2.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #47
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Heh stupid Champ Bailey aint going anywhere.............
Hey...... retard.......I just listed every CB that KFFL.com listed as potential cuts hence why I said .............COULD........... ..........
......
............
.....................
.......

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 02-06-2013 at 07:37 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #48
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Because the woodson s did so the mane theory is Champ could just as well. I actually think he could but he will be a cb next year. He is still 1a or 1b and definately better than anyone who would play the 2.
Barber as well.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #49
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,946

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

I think Champ will definitely be back not just because he's still a top 10 corner but his veteran presence and leadership. I don't think moving Champ to safety is that bad of an idea but i would MUCH rather seeing Eric Reid and Quinton Carter in the secondary together.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #50
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Okay, put it to rest. When was the last time the Broncos operated close to the cap, again?
I see your point and yes it has been awhile since we spent near the full cap amount, but I personally don't think it has to do with Bowlen's finances. With McDaniels our team salary cap had a good deal of dead space because of bad Shanahan deals and under Elway the spending style is different. Not burning cash on big free agebts but instead building through the draft.

This offseason will be the decider on Pat's finances. If we keep our own, Clady, Bruton, Stokley, Vickerson and Carter than we know money isn't a big issue, if we let guys (especially Clady) walk than the rumors may be true
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Denver Broncos