The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #2301
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

USC's signing day is about as dull and lackluster as the average Lane Kiffin gameplan.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #2302
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
CU just about done with theirs. Looks like they won't get anybody beyond a three star rating.
They are done, all the LOIs are in and the only guy they were in on that committed today was Tedric Thompson. Awuzie didn't announce until today, but he'd let the coaches know where he was going a few days ago.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #2303
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
USC's signing day is about as dull and lackluster as the average Lane Kiffin gameplan.
Did you guys get Vanderdoes?

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #2304
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Did you guys get Vanderdoes?
All signs point to Bama.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #2305
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Lmao..Collins Mom reportedly stole he LOI and won't give it t him. You go Mama Cane.

Alex never wanted to go to Ark. He has committed to our staff multiple times and only went to Ark for the first time 2 weeks ago. His fat POS coach is on he take with Bielema. He was pushing Wisconsin forever and then Ark recently. **** Doug Gatewood.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 02-06-2013 at 10:02 AM..
Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #2306
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Bryant to FSU
Grace to Miami

Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #2307
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Looks like Big Keith is coming to FSU. Not expecting anymore recruits, unless surprises come through.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #2308
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

that's just hilarious. she took the LOI and ran with it.
they obviously must be very close and she doesn't like him going so far from home(or maybe she doesn't like the Hogs coach)
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #2309
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Collins mom is one dumb broad. Anyone wondering why the kid wants to get the hell away from her?

lol
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #2310
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Sounds like somebody who might need to choose psychology as a major.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #2311
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
All signs point to Bama.
my money's on the irish
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #2312
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

So is Collins still going to Arkansas after all this
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #2313
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
So is Collins still going to Arkansas after all this
word is that his signing at Ark. is 'imminent', but may not be til tomorrow.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #2314
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
word is that his signing at Ark. is 'imminent', but may not be til tomorrow.
There was an article published just a short while ago saying the Mom is still refusing but our info indicates eventually he will sign with ARK.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #2315
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
There was an article published just a short while ago saying the Mom is still refusing but our info indicates eventually he will sign with ARK.
BB dropped the ball with Mom and she wants nothing to do with Arky...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #2316
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
BB dropped the ball with Mom and she wants nothing to do with Arky...
I'll tell you what has happened....and this is from an admittedly biased viewpoint as a Canes fan who has followed Alex's recruitment for many months now. Kid is a Canes fan and committed to us during the spring. His coach (Gatewood) asked him to decommit allegedly because he knew he would be a national recruit so he didn't want him to limit himself (so far a reasonable point of view). The he started pushing Wisconsin heavily and I think took kid up to one of their camps. He is friends with one of Bielema's assistants (partridge). After awhile he had the kid sporting Wisconsin gear all the time. He also went out of his way to talk about the sanctions issues over and over and in most interviews he would speak for Alex. Now if he just thought Wisky would be good for Alex that's fine but when BB and Pwrtridge go to Ark...boom out of thin air he is starts pimping Ark. Kid had never been to Ark until 2 weeks ago. This raises the specter of foul play and a payoff. Apparently the kid actually lived with the coach for awhile which is very strange. The Mom, uncle and girlfriend have been pro Miami all along and when the kid came for his OV he loved it....was chatting with Duke Johnson at the Miami-Duke Bball game...was firing up the crowd during the game and even rushed the court with the students after the game. He committed to the staff privately again recently and before he went to Atlanta to announce on a show he told his whole family he was staying. Coach gets in his ear before and you get Ark again. So we are very skeptical of Coach Gatewoods motives at this point. We are almost certain he is on the take. Girlfriend...who is very active on Twitter under the name Grind2Glory has called Ark coaches slimy. She is a student at the U btw for fair disclosure.

We just don't see how he is all Miami until every time the coach gets in his ear. If I truly believed Alex wanted Arkansas in his own right I'd want him to just go but I don't believe it.....kid even apologized for letting people down a couple days ago after his committ....there is just too much smoke there. I wouldn't be shocked if Gatewood magically got a spot in the Ark AD after he signs. I'm just waiting for that.

That said I think he will sign with Arkansas eventually.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #2317
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'll tell you what has happened....and this is from an admittedly biased viewpoint as a Canes fan who has followed Alex's recruitment for many months now. Kid is a Canes fan and committed to us during the spring. His coach (Gatewood) asked him to decommit allegedly because he knew he would be a national recruit so he didn't want him to limit himself (so far a reasonable point of view). The he started pushing Wisconsin heavily and I think took kid up to one of their camps. He is friends with one of Bielema's assistants (partridge). After awhile he had the kid sporting Wisconsin gear all the time. He also went out of his way to talk about the sanctions issues over and over and in most interviews he would speak for Alex. Now if he just thought Wisky would be good for Alex that's fine but when BB and Pwrtridge go to Ark...boom out of thin air he is starts pimping Ark. Kid had never been to Ark until 2 weeks ago. This raises the specter of foul play and a payoff. Apparently the kid actually lived with the coach for awhile which is very strange. The Mom, uncle and girlfriend have been pro Miami all along and when the kid came for his OV he loved it....was chatting with Duke Johnson at the Miami-Duke Bball game...was firing up the crowd during the game and even rushed the court with the students after the game. He committed to the staff privately again recently and before he went to Atlanta to announce on a show he told his whole family he was staying. Coach gets in his ear before and you get Ark again. So we are very skeptical of Coach Gatewoods motives at this point. We are almost certain he is on the take. Girlfriend...who is very active on Twitter under the name Grind2Glory has called Ark coaches slimy. She is a student at the U btw for fair disclosure.

We just don't see how he is all Miami until every time the coach gets in his ear. If I truly believed Alex wanted Arkansas in his own right I'd want him to just go but I don't believe it.....kid even apologized for letting people down a couple days ago after his committ....there is just too much smoke there. I wouldn't be shocked if Gatewood magically got a spot in the Ark AD after he signs. I'm just waiting for that.

That said I think he will sign with Arkansas eventually.
At some point, the kid needs to be a big boy. If he really chooses a school he doesn't like and that his family fought this hard to keep him from signing just to appease a coach who will have no influence over the rest of his life, he's got priority and maturity issues.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #2318
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Sounds like the money is too good to pass up
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #2319
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
At some point, the kid needs to be a big boy. If he really chooses a school he doesn't like and that his family fought this hard to keep him from signing just to appease a coach who will have no influence over the rest of his life, he's got priority and maturity issues.
He's not immature. He's actually quite articulate and thoughtful, but a little bit weird. Reminds me of Ricky Williams in that sense. The kid is a MAJOR talent and IMO, will be an NFL player one day. We'll see....I still expect he will ink with Arkansas, but I'd love to have him to pair with Duke Johnson next year. Collins is elite in every sense.

BTW, I know you are upset that you lost Grace, but to be honest it was a miracle it got as close as it did. Major props to Coach Strong for coming in and making it a battle when we had long thought this kid was the biggest stone cold lock of anyone we were recruiting this year. Kid and family are diehard fans and he could recite team history like out of a book, so I'm impressed that UL got us to sweat it out (and I'm told it wasnt a ruse, UL DID give him things to think about after his visit, esp with Bridgewater and alot of his boys from the 305 on that team...IMO if he did not have a long personaly and family history of Cane support, he would have went to Louisville).

If we lost Grace to UL on top of losing Thomas to FSU it would have been a death blow, cause our best LB from last year is about to get kicked off the team very shortly so we really need some more talent.

Jermaine Grace reminds me of Sean Spence. Undersized OLB who is fast and very instinctive and great in coverage in particular. Will need to add some weight to his frame, like 15 pounds or so, but IMO, should start at WLB after Perryman leaves, which could be as early as after this season.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 02-06-2013 at 07:15 PM..
Old 02-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #2320
bombay
Ring of Famer

So this Collins guy fumbled his loi to his mom, and she outran him to the exit? Maybe they should recruit her.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #2321
bombay
Ring of Famer

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78...psadb79e66.gif

LSUFreek nails it, as always.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #2322
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

oh my, Collins had his dad sign the papers and now mom is hiring a lawyer.
this situation stinks to high heaven. for the mom to have this type of reaction, something is wrong. the HS coach must be sketchy.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #2323
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Or the Mom thinks she runs his life?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #2324
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Swag? Sounds like the perfect U recruit to me. Just out of high school and already sporting the bling.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #2325
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Or the Mom thinks she runs his life?
it could be that too. but from Miami, to Wisc to Ark? sounds kinda weird since he's a Florida kid.
Florida kids, especially top guys don't go to Wisc. they barely leave the South unless it's for USC or OSU. ND and Arizona are starting to make dents there but something is up.
unless Mama took money from Miami and got other promises she doesn't want taken away. but it doesn't seem as if she's pushing him to Miami. just to stay in state.

nothing will ever top Alex Legion nor Ronald Johnson's mom and their issues with recruitment.
especially Legion's mom. that woman was a crack pot.